Coil Building show offs!

I’m looking slightly beyond the fused side of things.

Besides I have 22, 26 and the 29 titanium that I’m working with so the ohms isn’t really the issue, what I’m trying to achieve is multiple Ti wires in the coil but spaced away from each other to avoid any possible hot spotting etc from touching wires.

The Alien TC build I made came out great and then followed by Ti and Nm80 builds I’ve been seeing on Instagram opens up a lot more possibilities.

I’ve been practicing SFC wrapping using the loop technique rather than extra wire and unwinding which has been going well.

So my initial thoughts were to try SFC Ti builds. Spaced away with Nm80 so the Ti doesn’t touch.

The biggest trouble I have right now is time.

Between family, work, Recipes and my Darts nights I’m not getting much time other than snatching 30mins here and there after the Mrs has gone to bed to play around with wire.

CMJ

Last nights build.

I figured I would change up my RDA and go for something I don’t use very often.

Here’s some sexy pics for my Family here at ELR.

do you even colour bro!

Fuck yeah I do lol.

8 Likes

Wow. What a piece of art!

2 Likes

Cheers buddy.

I’m pretty happy with how these pics turned out.

I’m shooting them in a new location in my house and lighting is much better.

CMJ

2 Likes

4 Likes

My latest creation. 22g Ti, 4.5 wraps, 6mm ID @ .23 ohms in Triforce Stock Coil Head…

4 Likes

did you find wetting the cotton helps?

It made it very easy shape and insert. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Here’s a little something I made on Saturday evening.

It’s using 24gKa1 wrapped in 34gNm80 half staggered with 24gNm80 staggered with 34gNm80 paralleled with 2xTwisted 26gNm80 5/4 wrap on a 3mm.

CMJ

4 Likes

That looks good @Jondamon! You really honed your skillz. It shows a lot of creativity.

This one I did a few months ago is similar except I fused the twisted parallel in with fused Clapton.

I must admit the one you made looks much better. Good job CMJ.

2 Likes

I remember that one its definately a sweet build.

The one I made was only really a half staggered fused clap with some twisted wire in parallel but it looks pretty bad ass lol.

I may not even use it yet I dunno.

I tried mounting one of them in the 13heavens 9 hells last night but I had to jig it that much it was shorting on a leg pretty bad.

So I might wait for one of my new petri’s to get here or my Phenotype RDA before using the other coil.

I was merely playing around with the wire I don’t use much of.

CMJ

1 Like

Here’s some pics of 26g fused claptons wrapped in 42gNm80 6 wrap 2.5mm 0.15ohms.

5 Likes

very very impressively clean J !!!

Cheers buddy.

I actually have started washing my coils with dish soap and a toothbrush prior to firing them lol.

Makes them look even more purrty for pictures lol.

CMJ

1 Like

Love them colours j. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong @pattie they’re edited a little.

Here’s a before edit and after.

Just some saturation and warmth editing to help them stand out more.

CMJ

2 Likes

Just love that blue/purple huge washing over the coils. :+1:

2 Likes

your builds are getting cleaner, tighter, props, brother…
hey, wanna run something by ya…
i finally found, purchased and received some 316l in higher gauges, so, i’m thinking of doing a fused clapton with 24 or 26g core with a 32g wrap, all SS 316l
whats your thoughts on this?

(i finally found 24, 26, 28, 30 and 32g all in 316l SS)

2 Likes

You’d probably have to go single coil.

I’ve found better flavour with SS as a spaced coil like Ti.

Try a fused and see how you go.

CMJ

2 Likes

Do you mean ss spaced like a ti spaced coil or ss (closed coil) compared to a spaced ti coil?

1 Like