Coils - Store bought vs homemade

It does have an auto off feature I believe… but I don’t think I have ever used it… or I should say that it was never running long enough for the auto off to kick on. I believe someone on the site stated that the scale could be set for different amounts on time for the feature to turn off. Also I think there are a couple of ppl here that also have the scale you listed.

I have the Etekcity one and I like it. It’s never shut off on me when I was actually mixing. I’ve gotten distracted or into a show and had it shut off before, but it took at least three minutes. I believe the numbers that come up if you hold down the tare button relate to the auto off function. They go from 0-180 in increments of 60 so it made sense to me that they’d be minutes. I’m gonna play around with it and I’ll get back to you. :wink:

EDIT: I can now say with 100% certainty that those are in fact the auto off times. It can be set for 1-3 minutes or turned off completely if set to 0. When I set it to 0, the backlight went off after about 5 minutes, but the scale stayed on for another 3 before I turned it off. Good things to know. I had it set to 180, now I’ve put it on 0 cuz forget that auto off malarky. :smile:

3 Likes

You can get the Etekcity from Walmart online and shipped to your local walmart and not pay shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=etekcity+scale

2 Likes

I prefer doing as much as I can myself. It’s part of being an enthusiast. If I had a machine shop I’d try building my own stuff all the way around. 'Course I would probably have a frequent flyer type card at the local medical emergency room…

3 Likes

BTW, anyone needing a scale may want to check out www.etekcitizen.com If you frequently review a lot of items on Amazon, they will send you free stuff to review and keep. They dropped me after a few months because I wasn’t reviewing enough (I prefer EBAY) but I did get two scales, digital multimeter and some really cool LED lanterns out of them first. They change items often so they may not have the scales (or they might) at the moment. Check it out.

4 Likes

I have the Etekcity scale. It has never reached 3 minutes shut off while mixing. Was skeptical about using a scale before purchasing. After listening to you guys talk about mixing with a scale got one. So glad I did.

4 Likes

Love both of mine. The days of droppers and syringes are gone with the caveman. Of course I now have a bunch of 1 ml syringes on my mixing station. People look at me funny when they come over…

2 Likes

I gave mine 15 minutes before turning it off. Thanks for this secret setting tip!

1 Like