ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

Coronavirus Stimulus Bill

Regarding the Coronavirus Bill.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Democrats adding the following into their relief bill ??

• Expansive new tax credits for solar and wind energy·
  • New emissions standards for airlines and requirement of full offset by 2025
  • Increased collective bargaining and carve outs for Big Labor·Required same-day voter registration and early voting·
  • A bailout for the U.S. Postal Service, for the union pension fund, and for student loans·
  • Retirement plans for community newspaper employees·
  • Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards·
  • A requirement for companies receiving assistance to impose job-destroying $15/minimum wage·
  • $1B “Cash For Clunkers”-style program where government buys planes from airlines
  • $1.5M to study climate change mitigation efforts in civil aviation and aerospace industries
  • New burdensome OSHA requirements on hospitals·
  • $1B to build on program expanded by President Obama that provides discounted phone service for low-income consumers

Any thoughts on why they blocked the following ?

• Direct payments to the American people ($1.2K/person, $2.4K/couple, $500/child)
  • $350B for small businesses
  • $250B in unemployment insurance·
  • $100B for hospitals·
  • $4.5B for the CDC·
  • $11B for vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics, and other preparedness needs·
  • $5B for FEMA Disaster Relief Fund·$1.7B for Strategic National Stockpile·
  • $12B for the military·$20B for Veterans health care·
  • $12B for K-12 education
  • $6B for higher education·
  • $10B for airports·
  • $20B for Public Transportation Emergency Relief

Is any of the above non-factual ?

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6817711-Updated-House-Bill

7 Likes

I for one would be curious for an explanation as long as neither side bashed the other, I’m very middle of the road politically, meaning I like as many democratic ideas as I do republican ones, but quite frankly from my viewpoint it seems that the democrats are still trying to play politics with these bills while the republicans are just trying to get something passed and relief sent out…the only complaint I have seen against the republicans is that too much money is going to businesses vs people, but we have to have both in reality, giving people a chunk of cash to get through this doesn’t make a difference if they don’t have a job to go back to once we can return to work…

5 Likes

If all these things are true then all of these add-ons are bullshit political games that are doing nothing but delay assistance to the American people, it makes me sick that anyone could be thinking about emissions standards at a time like this, or corporate pay racial statistics…

6 Likes

I saw this:

1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance

2. Bailing out all current debt of postal service

3. Required early voting

4. Required same day voter registration

5. 10k bailout for student loans

6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers

7. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining

8. Full offset of airline emissions by 2025

9. Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights

10. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees

11. $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance

12. Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance

And…$300,000,000 for foreign refugees.

The rotten pork list is all about election pandering to specific targets: snowflakes, unions, climate nuts, class envy. Zero to help stop a bioweapon, zero to get people well, zero to get people back to work, zero to stop the economic bleeding.
And. She wants $300 MILLION for foreign refugees. Her list to Santa is leftist strategy that is money meth to keep people addicted to dangerous Democrat dealers of deceit.

8 Likes

7 Likes

https://www.npr.org/

5 Likes

It’s always biased, we can’t get a straight story to save our lives… both parties are probably just as guilty of injecting their politics into those bills… this is a rare occasion where the vast majority of Americans want the same thing, and both sides are going to use that to their advantage… is it too idealistic to think maybe we could talk term limits for congressmen now? Not trying to get too far off topic, so to bring it full circle I’ll say this, trump has been anti-illegal immigrant since he first started running for president, and even he was willing to drop the politics and say that illegals can get tested and treated for coronavirus without fear of deportation, all for the greater good, maybe congress should be looking at the greater good right now too.

6 Likes

Why can’t these people just give the American People what they need and stop putting BS into this? I don’t care if they are Dems Reps just pass a simple stimulus bill for American people not working because of Corona virus, period. Base it on their current paycheck and be done.

6 Likes

I wish these jerks would have to write bills with ONE sheet of paper.
Maybe they could get something done that way.

7 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

I got no where else to stick this… so @SessionDrummer this one is for you lol… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My only thought on the whole mess is they really need to hurry up, quit fiddle-fucking around and do something!

7 Likes

10 Likes

My thought is there is more going on behind the scenes…I get why They would want to distribute the money a certain way especially to corporations etc…Im sure the Republicans have some stuff in their bill as well that doesnt make sense …Both PARTIES have their agenda PERIOD …

6 Likes

Yes bc they are politicians

5 Likes

Question …Is this the only thing that the Republicans have in their bill

5 Likes

I heard they had an anti-abortion thing added in, but then I also heard the dems had a late term abortion thing in theirs, who tf knows, I had to go deal with real life lol the mind blower is that trump seems to be the only one that wants to prevent companies from using the funds for stock buybacks, or he is the only one being vocal about it

6 Likes

Thats my point…Tbey both have their Agendas. So heres how it works , If a person is Republican they are going to listen to the GOP complain and buy into that crap . The people who are Democrat are going to listen to what the liberals are saying and buy into that …And the bullshit swirls around and around and around …We dont know whats what…And yes i do think Corporations should be mandated how to spend the money , they have always either divided it up at the top.or use it for stock buy backs so that i do get. Both parties are playing the give me this for that crap…Im pretty sure The Republicans also want money for the Wall ( assumption ) like Michelles said give the people what they need base it off their pay …easy peasy

7 Likes

I’m critical of both, I lean republican fiscally and democratic socially, the closest party to my beliefs is libertarian but some of their ideas are even more crazy than the worst of the dems or reps lol, all I know is I haven’t liked trump since the apprentice first came out and now he seems like the only politician being somewhat reasonable and actually dropping the politics, and that is kind of scary to be honest lol

6 Likes