Regarding the Coronavirus Bill.
Anyone have any thoughts on the Democrats adding the following into their relief bill ??
- Expansive new tax credits for solar and wind energy·
- New emissions standards for airlines and requirement of full offset by 2025
- Increased collective bargaining and carve outs for Big Labor·Required same-day voter registration and early voting·
- A bailout for the U.S. Postal Service, for the union pension fund, and for student loans·
- Retirement plans for community newspaper employees·
- Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards·
- A requirement for companies receiving assistance to impose job-destroying $15/minimum wage·
- $1B “Cash For Clunkers”-style program where government buys planes from airlines
- $1.5M to study climate change mitigation efforts in civil aviation and aerospace industries
- New burdensome OSHA requirements on hospitals·
- $1B to build on program expanded by President Obama that provides discounted phone service for low-income consumers
Any thoughts on why they blocked the following ?
- Direct payments to the American people ($1.2K/person, $2.4K/couple, $500/child)
- $350B for small businesses
- $250B in unemployment insurance·
- $100B for hospitals·
- $4.5B for the CDC·
- $11B for vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics, and other preparedness needs·
- $5B for FEMA Disaster Relief Fund·$1.7B for Strategic National Stockpile·
- $12B for the military·$20B for Veterans health care·
- $12B for K-12 education
- $6B for higher education·
- $10B for airports·
- $20B for Public Transportation Emergency Relief
Is any of the above non-factual ?