Crown Subtank by Uwell

Make sure you use everclear (wood grain alcohol) or vodka even. Make sure any alcohol residue is thoroughly rinsed out. Won’t taste very nice in your vape…

Rubbing alcohol is a no no…

2 Likes

Yeah I have it in vodka, the same alcohol I use for cleaning my bottles etc. Should I twist a paper towel down between the “shaft”/Coil to gentle rub loose all the caramelization? Keep in mind I’m only doing this to experiment not because I need a coil.
I thought about doing this ages ago with my little BVCs cause I figured, well, it’s only the gunk on the coils so if I clean that…but then I read an article saying it doesnt work(on those coils)
So I don’t see why it wouldn’t on the crown’s, these bastards are huge! Even if I only get another week out of them, it would be cool

1 Like

I have always said in the past not to try to clean coils, they never work the same again. These Large Coils though, might be a different story. I would say no to any extra rubbing, brushing, etc… Best to not take chances cause you really do not know how well they a constructed and could jar something loose…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the only reason I’m trying it :wink:
Going to take sometime to dry out though with the large amount of cotton they stuffed in these bad boys! I’ll report back when it’s done on how much more I can get out of it

1 Like

I did 2 coils like that and they came clean. I’m using the recycled SS coil in one of my tanks now.

3 Likes

Nice! That’s good to know! Thanks a lot PV!

1 Like

Fasttech got the Crown in stock if anyone is interested.

Authentic Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer $24.21

3 Likes

Wow that’s the best price I’ve seen! May need a second :wink:
Wish it was packaged with either the TC or .25 coils though but oh well no matter thanks jo!

1 Like

That is cheap. I ordered one. They don’t have the RBA-section though, so I gotta find that elsewhere…

1 Like
2 Likes

http://www.vaporworld.biz/acc/uwell-crown-sub-ohm-tank-rba-coil-1pk/

Here’s a couple places daath

1 Like

I’d like one in the EU, or in China - I’ve found it plenty of places in the US :smile:

@Cloyce that link at vaporworld states it’s “Out of Stock”…

I got 18 days out of a .5 coil, was hoping to get at least a month. From what I had read these coil where lasting longer. We shall see how long the next one lasts.

1 Like

You ever figure this issue out @DarthVapor ? My first .5 Ohm coil did this and I switched it out with a second .5 coil, just took it out today and it looked just like yours. For the first one, I let it soak in vodka for about 3 days, shaking the canister I had it in daily a couple times, then let it air dry for a couple days. I just put it in when I removed this second cruddie coil, seems to be working alright after half a tank of juice.

1 Like

A problem I keep getting with the coils is ohm jumping my .5 which comes in to start a .59 goes all the way up to .72 the 1.2 coil kept going up to 1.5 I’ve sent it back to where I got it I tried 6 coils and two tanks all done the same tried on different mods aswell

1 Like

I never figured it out, no. I believe it was a faulty coil of sorts, all the black I pulled out was cotton…almost like the coil exploded spraying black crispy cotton all over, it was weird. Best way I can describe it was like a black Q-tip in the shaft of my coil and the wrap was actually bent to shit as well. Since then I have been on my second coil, which I consider my first since having the crown. It has been a long time on this 1 .25 coil and flavor did dull slighty, so seeing that it’s been months I pulled it and tried the soaking thing.
Minus the flawed coil I am only on my 2nd stock coil since owning the crow and I think that is pretty damn amazing considering I never put it down! I have had no issues with coils or Ohms since then and I still have my stock TC coil and .50 coil to use and 3 more .25s :smile:
@juicyd are those stock coils? on a crown?

1 Like

Sounds like a short. Probably caught fire inside…

2 Likes

I’m assuming because of the twisted coil/wrap that had a lot to do with it…although I don’t remember seeing that in the coil when I unboxed the crown for the first time…then again I was in a hurry to test run that beotch!!

2 Likes

Yea stock coils on crown I thought if was just a Way ss works that it gets hotter and resistance changes.but now I know it isn’t right.it’s as the coil gets hot it just keeps jumping will see what they say today hopefully

1 Like