Crown Subtank by Uwell

It’s always been refer to as such. I’ve had juices that does the exact same thing. Organic cotton and SS does react that way. I’ve used it for months and never had it happen unless it was the juice. I have 1right now that does it when I use it. Brown sugar TPA is the culprit for me.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, upon further inspection it appears to be cotton and the coils aren’t aligned right- I’m chalking it up to a defective coil because with this new coil I threw in earlier it’s miles better than the first and I’m not even getting the spit back I experienced at the high wattage, I didn’t even know this was possible but it’s now way better then when I first got it so now I love it times 2 :wink:

Some juices have ingredients that gunk coils… it’s a fact. I’m just trying let you know before you decide not to use the tank.

I know all about that, yes. That wasn’t what I was referring to sorry. Higher sugary flavorings “caramelize” on the coil I am familiar with that and yes that happens to me all the time, this wasn’t that- All good, hard to show/discuss through a forum

1 Like

If you soak that coil in alcohol 1 day then water 1 day and let it dry you can still use it.

Just got mine in. Using the RBA section I was able to get the wicking right the first time. Using Japanese cotton and the pre installed SS coil it ohmed out to 0.24. Firing it at 4.5 volts.

Popped in my number one all time recipe and holy s**t batman. This tastes amazing! Better than my Authentic Velocity RDA.

2 Likes

Got a question for you @Pro_Vapes. Just coiled up my Crown Tank. .07 ohm Ti and it works great on the Eleaf 40w TC However, on the IPV4s it’s saying I have a dry coil, no liquid. Why would that be. Works on one (I get a hit so obviously I have liquid) doesn’t work on the other. Any Idea ?

Make sure it’s spaced wrapped, check the screws and set the resistance on a cool coil.

press + and - at the same time on a cool coil.

1 Like

Yup that did the trick. The resistance actually was not .07 ohms apparently. With the the TI coil it is actually about .2 ohms. Thank you sir! If I could ask just one more question, is there any need to update the software with the IPV4s like the IPV4?

1 Like

As long as you have the Ti option then you’re set.

@ryan8five0 mentioned something about setting resistance on a new build… But I found out once it’s fired the resistance changes and the resistance has to be reset because of this change.

2 Likes

Thank you again! Well I have a working IPV4s now and a working Crown tank with Ti wire. I tried earlier to get my zephrus working but that one is a bitch to coil and wick. Had no trouble with the Crown or the Goblin Mini. I’ll try again when I have more time. Got to work tomorrow…

As long as you follow the above and keep your ID 2.5 or less so it will fit, you should be successful. 6 wraps should get you somewhere around 1.0-1.2 ohm. Check for the 28g Ti wire if you need a higher resistance.

1 Like

If you’d like to know a good method I use for wicking the Zephrus, just message me and I’ll talk you through it. I have one and I have the sweet spot down. It vapes amazing once you get it right.

I own the IPV4 and that is all I vape on so I can relate here. Now, I know this is true for kanthal. You can actually watch the resistance change on the screen when you vape in power mode instead of joule. This is NOT true when vaping in TC mode, watch the screen again when you vape and you will not see a change in the resistance.

Setting the resistance is a crucial part for TC to work properly. You do not want to set a temp that will not burn your wick and have the resistance of the coil change. If that happens, the whole point of TC is almost thrown out the window. I understand that TC regulates temperature, but it is also supposed to eliminate dry hits. So any change in coil resistance would create the possibility of dry hits.

1 Like

I’ve seen the resistance change on many occasions with Ti. Some builds I make below .05 and won’t read. I fire it on a mech and it rises above .05. It doesn’t happen every time but it has happened on new Ti builds. I am not guessing just trying to make them aware of all scenarios. It obviously worked for him.

I do this all the time when I change tanks. As long as it’s set on a cool coil I’ve had no issues. I hear you speak alot about your equipment… I have something you need to see.

1 Like

Well that’s really weird if you’re using the IPV4. All the builds I have ever done and I haven’t seen my coil resistance change, unless you reset the resistance itself after taking a few pulls. Not saying you were just guessing lol.

I was necessarily talking about the IPV4. I also have a Sigelei 75W.

I know, I know, you have probably everyone here beat on equipment :smile: I’m actually vaping the Cthulhu RTA right now.

3 box mods
about 10 RDA’s
5 tanks

I wonder how many batteries you own for all those mods :grin:

1 Like

3 Likes