.CSV file flavorstash insert?

Is it a possibillity to insert a .CSV file for your flavorstash? Quite ok to write in by 50 perhaps 100… not when get 4-500…

2 Likes

Not sure if that’s something the ELR community wants. Too easy to flood the database with incorrect flavor names. Manual entry is a lot of work but the best way to enter the flavors in the correct way.

5 Likes

If you’re asking this to do an import from another source then @anon28032772 is correct. Also, I had a looksee at your Flavor Stash. You have several incorrect flavors (per ELR naming conventions) already entered. I stopped scrolling at the letter ‘G’. Even if it were possible to utilize a CSV your flavor names contained within would have to be surgically precise to conform to those conventions.

5 Likes

well, about the “wrong” naming… A lot of them comes up as choices… and when (FW) (TPA) is ok enough somewhere, why cant eg (INW), (RF) be ok too, but needed be written in as Inawera and Real Flavor?
This databasenames are a lot of incorrects in yes… in my stash, i followed in the ones who was in database from before, the name that came up with most uses. I got .CSV files with one style of brand naming, the correct abbrevations.

2 Likes

If (TPA) (FW) is correct, why aint abbrevations on every brands used, or not a choice?

2 Likes

:tada:

3 Likes

I completely understand your gripes with the naming… I have my own gripes with them. But it’s a topic that’s been discussed a lot, it has built up a lot of frustration for many people and the way the situation is now is probably for the best…
A lot of vendors of concentrates buy in bulk and rebottle the concentrates using their own labels. They don’t always use the correct name, the don’t always use the same language even… Then there are a lot of companies with long names that would result in duplicate abbreviations.
Unlike some other popular sites, ELR allows people to create their own flavors in the database. The good thing is that you can use your own creations, unknown flavors, NET’s, stones, etc, but it comes with a bit of responsibility and annoying downsides too. But obviously the biggest plus is that the site doesn’t need to know about every obscure concentrate and it still allows you to make a recipe with that flavor.

If you’re interested in the topic, use the search function and read a bit. A LOT has been discussed around the topic and at the moment, I think people are a bit tired of it. Lars, the site creator and owner is working on a new version of ELR so it really doesn’t make sense asking for new features or fixes before that is out (unless it’s something critical).

5 Likes

you cant write the abbrevation (RF) only… it then changes automatically too (Real Flavors) eg… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not a big cause, only todays rant for me :slight_smile: My stash has never been up to date, or forfilled in ELR. Lars for sure have enough to do with the forum.

1 Like

It pays off to keep your stash up-to-date. If you like to try other people’s recipes, you can click the “What Can I Make” button on the recipe page and the site will return all public recipes that you can make with the flavors you have. Or the “Search by flavor stash” makes it easier to search for a specific profile based on 1 or more of your flavors.
When viewing recipes, you can easily see if and which flavors are missing

(just click on that little button)

Or if you do have the ingredients, it is shown, together with the price it costs you to make the juice (handy if you sell to friends)

2 Likes

I believe the word was ‘incorrect’, but yes many come up as first choices. That unfortunately is true. And please understand it was no reflection on you. The database has had some major glitches with flavor naming, probably since it’s inception. So looking at the bigger picture now, there is a certain necessity when it comes to keeping the incorrect naming to a minimum. :blush:

3 Likes

So whats rigth? If you wanna get most recipes to make, then how most persons have written the flavor brands decides. not if are abbrevations, or full brand names.
If you set up everyone you can with only abbrevations… some gets changed automatically to full brand names anyway, and if you write full brand names, some gonna be changed automatic to abbrevations.
Heard about inconsistency?

i dont makes other recipes anyway and dont need that feature… but some do. :stuck_out_tongue: For me personally i want use one type abbrevations, not both ways.

1 Like

Like I said, Lars is currently working on a database v2 which will solve a lot of the flavor issues. We are expecting it within the coming months.
Until then, just have some patience and please stick to ELR’s naming conventions as they are now. I know it needs a little getting used to but once you get a feel for it, I don’t know anybody who has an issue with it.
Sticking to the convention is just showing a little respect and appreciation for all the people who’ve put countless hours in this platform to make it workable for as many people as possible. If you don’t, that’s up to you of course, but just know you’re creating a mess that other people have to deal with and it’s especially new mixers that will get confused, have difficulties and won’t get the most out of ELR.

5 Likes

We are aware of those inconsistencies…none of this is new to us, but unfortunately we have no control over any of that.
The best option/workaround is learning the Flavor Stash Guide which @anon28032772 linked for you.

4 Likes

and he should know this already, he has been around for a very long time :wink:

3 Likes

this was main reason to adress it… today is this a problem for new mixers. I see weekly questions why they dont find recipes by their stash. And is answered by check out how they have written it, vs whats most have used at ELR… And why some flavors is in abbrevations, others not. .
Nice to know lars is working with it :slight_smile: I thought this subject by the nameuse was ready, since if picked wrong versions on how writing flavors was adressed in a message before.

3 Likes

Let’s see…how many years has it been now?

3 Likes