"Dan the Man"

Sorry for the confusion :crazy_face:
(MIL=Mother In Law - BIL=Brother In Law - for others I have confused)

Oh, he was pretty adamant, eventually came around but wasn’t happy about it.
Unfortunately the Methadone did not help in this case, MIL had a bad reaction to it/didn’t work as it could have- I think mainly because she had chronic acute bouts of pain @ every 6 weeks or so - possibly not the right solution for her/she didn’t use in between.
She ended up staying on the Peth until she passed.

I think you are doing great work, helping others will also help you :grinning:

4 Likes

Wow, where was her pain? I’m only curious so if it’s too personal, I get it. I can see how it may not have worked for her; Methadone has a half-life meaning half your dose is still in your system the next day, so in order to get the full benefit it’s best to take it for several days in a row.

4 Likes

Well said.
You have a good attitude.
Some might see it otherwise.
I like straightforward.

6 Likes

Why not?
Do it.

5 Likes

Careful, that social media stuff sure can be addicti- eh, never mind… :sweat_smile::wink: (Again with the comedy, sorry. What’s wrong with me…:grimacing:)

5 Likes

In the beginning I knew nothing about vaping and trusted the advice of others. This is still the way to grow IMHO. Altough knowing more myself now I also see some people giving advice trying to push their ways upon me. So with your quote I will be going forward and find my own way. Still seeking and heeding advice from others but not taking anything for gospel. Thanks Ogre

I like the throat hit and for me that might just not be enough at 6mg to keep me off the analogs. Experimentation will follow…

I hope first to find a strenght to keep me clean but maybe in the future this could be something to consider. Thank you for your advice @Stankhammer

I think in the comming time I will need to proces this and hopefully find a way out.

Never took the time to learn anything about salts. I have a lot of questions about it but I’m sure there are already a lot of treads regarding this topic. If I cannot find every answer I seek I’ll start a new tread asking for more info.

You sir are a legend. Thanks for what you represent here, offering your time to people in need is much appreciated. I have never been in the army but the only words that come to mind are: I salute you :vulcan_salute:

10 Likes

As much a that is nice to hear…it’s definelty about staying humble and helpful…that my personal experience and I’ll pass :grinning:

7 Likes

When can I subscribe. Seriously! A vape and addiction friend!?! Yay!
Edit: I subscribed haha

5 Likes

One day when I was young, I heard a knock at my door.
It sounded familiar, like I had heard it before.
I opened the door, and to my surprise,
There stood a young lady with blond hair and brown eyes.

She said, “I have the answers; are you ready to play?”
So I grabbed my money and I said okay.
There were the answers that I had always sought.
Liquids, pills, and powders, and I bought and bought.

Then one day, my friend suddenly changed.
Her face became ugly, calloused, and deranged.
She grabbed my hand and we tore through the town.
My loved ones and friends could only watch and frown.

She kept whispering something I could only guess.
It sounded like she was repeating, “Yes, Yes, Yes.”

How quickly from fun to very near death.
How quickly from one beer, to smoking crystal meth.
I thought of my family, oh what a mess,
But all I heard was screaming, “Yes, Yes, Yes.”

I had to find help; I was at my wits end.
I had lost my child, my family, and my friends.

I said, “God are you there? Can you help me, please?”
A sudden peace came over me and I fell to my knees.
God answered the riddle that so long I did guess.
Why my addiction kept screaming, “Yes, Yes, Yes”

It’s because I kept asking night after night
It’s going to be different this time, right?

I said, “God, I’m not worth it; I feel like a jerk.”
He said, “Suit up and show up; it’s time to go to work.”

Now it’s been 9 years since I had my last line
It’s given me time to remember and think.

So I am here to tell you in this little rhyme.
Life keeps getting better one day at a time.
So when you think you are going insane.
There’s always sunshine after the rain

14 Likes

I didn’t lose my child i didn’t have children back then it just rhymed

7 Likes

Amazing poetry. Wowzers…I LOVE writing!!! My hats off to you!!

5 Likes

Your a good one Dan. :blush:

7 Likes

She had haematuria loin pain syndrome - basically 1/2 a functioning kidney & would pass blood clots every 6 weeks or so. Pain in the abdomen.
I’m not sure exactly why it didn’t work but she had this issue for 20+ years after an assault. It was a long and complicated illness.

4 Likes

Did you just come up with that? Either way, it choked me up. I like it, man.

@robin awesome, I’m glad you popped in, I thought you might know something to help with @paingawd pain. maybe you could scroll up and read the post?

6 Likes

Since I live in Cali, I have been using pot for pain relief/sleep aid since I haven’t been able to get meds for a while. Told my new doc, he was indifferent. The problem is that sativa gives me anxiety attacks(had a run in with some seriously devilish Afghani hash plant 20 years ago) and indica just nails my ass to whatever it’s wide expanse is currently residing upon. I don’t have a medical marijuana card, so I can’t get access to their strains. I’m going to keep on with the regular dispensaries for now and hope that the new doctor can help with an alternative to the heavier pain meds.

I’ve looked into kratom, but I hesitate to go that route simply because there are so many different strains. I’m on a really tight budget - sifting through kilos of kratom to find the right one just isn’t quite in the books right now. Besides, I sometimes have really weird reactions to altering my interior chemistry and a bad kratom trip just don’t sound like a good time. Appreciate the thought, tho!

6 Likes

Hey bud, I would like to post this poem on face book and Instagram and my youtube channel. Can I do that?

9 Likes

Hey bro no worries of course you can

5 Likes

Ya, I don’t blame you it sounds like a real pain in the arse.

Have you looked into Methadone? I know it has a bad rapp but that is because of ignorance and misinformation. I was on pain meds, mostly Vicodin and morphine, for years and years. I finally got tired of the addiction and was told about methadone. It is a really good pain killer and you don’t get high from it. It is physically addictive and that is its only major downfall, IMO.

Whatever you decide, I hope it gets better my friend.

5 Likes

I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this issue yesterday; Addiction.

Oh, I’ve been there… many, many times with many, many substances… done that, bought the T-shirt… burned it… and now, I’m 10 years behind the battlefront.

Breaking the addiction cycle was the subject of the conversation; why some folks are successful and why some aren’t successful.

Specifically, we were speaking of addiction relating to substances used for social fun and relaxation; pick your poison. The question was… why, specifically, do folks fall off the wagon in the process of recovery or why some folks just won’t even try to quit.

The answer we both leaned towards was simply this… the inability of said individual to respect and hold dear the relationship(s) with themselves and others in their life. For whatever reason, they don’t respect or care about the world around them enough, to want to stop or recover from the addictive substance which makes their life, and the lives of others who deal with them, a living nightmare.

We can only hope they have that “moment of clarity” (as did I) which can shake them up and save them (and others) from ruin. My friend and I surmised, it all hinges on what an individual has in their life for which to live. :thinking:

3 Likes

I see it more as a lack of realization of comprehension of the enormity of the situation, rather than simply not caring. I’m sorry, but I used to see addicts as selfish and uncaring, but realized that the addiction is often far stronger than the ability to see reality for what it is.

When I realized that smoking killed my father, I knew it would kill me, yet I continued to do it, that’s when I understood the depths to which addiction sinks its’ hooks into people. I hadn’t even thought of my children growing up without me; it was all about how smoking affected me. It’s actually a very jarring and scary realization, and it made me physically shake and I could not even sleep some nights, worrying and beating myself up about how stupid I’d been acting and how I’ve been intentionally failing everyone around me who wanted and needed me around. Fortunately, vaping was there to get me past the evil analogs.

5 Likes