Dangers to Avoid & Precautions to Take with ECigarettes

This Thread will be used to point out dangerous practices vapers use with hardware, defects found in hardware, tanks that pose a danger used with Hybrids, or any other danger posed by normal wear, neglect, manufacturer defect, etc. Let us use this thread to Vape Safely…

1 Like

Family’s miracle escape as e-cigarette charger explodes and sparks house blaze

1 Like

Hi, Captain Obvious here.

Once several years ago I had a mech mod with the safety ring/fire button. I had been holding it in my hand while doing some work and set it down to go answer the door. I got caught up in other things and returned about 10 mins later to find I had forgotton to screw the ring down. Fortunately for me the battery was nearly depleated but it still got hot at blazes. This could have been a disaster as this mod didn’t even have any venting.

Always put safety paramount to anything else. A life or home is not worth a vape.

2 Likes

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/2/2676d8e54218371d08799cb9cee54fde755617fa_1_666x500.jpg

Though this most likely is a King Mechanical Mod which is not a hybrid this is the perfect example of using a Aspire Atlantis on a Hybrid Mod. Being the contact pin on the Atlantis does not stick out from the base very much it can when tightened down well cause a direct short.

This is also the perfect example of what happens when you use batteries not meant for vaping (Non High Drain) or damaged batteries such as wrapping damage…

1 Like

Aspire Atlantis and the Hybrid Explained

1 Like

The IPV4 has a problem. As you can see the Charging Board can catch fire. @quitter1 will confirm this to be true. Be aware that this does not include the IPV4s. Only the IPV4 has this problem. The fix for this is to remove the charging board. Check out this video to make your repairs…

I have to point out just removing the board would not have fixed my problem… the negative pin on the rt battery when pushed down touched the screw post inside the mod on the bottom some liquid electrical tape around the post will help I posted a link where it shows the issue.it’s at the end of this video in this thread

2 Likes

just posted it w an edit

1 Like

I just ordered a Li-po Safe charging bag to put anything in that I charge, just to be on the safe side. The thing is fireproof just in case something goes wrong when charging. Better safe than sorry!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010790/1922500-300mm-230mm-fireproof-safety-guard-protective-bag[quote=“quitter1, post:7, topic:29177”]
the negative pin on the rt battery when pushed down touched the screw post inside the mod on the bottom some liquid electrical tape around the post will help
[/quote]This issue has also been addressed in the IPV4s!

2 Likes

Do you see two batteries there? Kid was stacking IMHO.

(in reference to the pic from the Fox news video)

1 Like

When not in use always lock your mod. I’ve had Mech and VV mods fire on me from improper handling. Being aware is key to prevent vaping accident.

If you own more than one mod, only leave batteries in the mods you plan on using. A mod is like a loaded gun and you should treat them as such.

3 Likes

When we talked of this actual occurrence (Fox News Video) that is one thing we debated as well. It is quite hard to tell for sure but it is very possible there were two batteries there…We should regardless mention here that it is a REAL BAD IDEA to STACK batteries. BAD, BAD, BAD IDEA…

2 Likes

As much as I hate to admit this but I did a extremely stupid thing one day just not thinking about what I was doing. What’s that you say? Like a damn fool I stuck a 18650 in my pocket with all my keys and a whole lot of change. Next thing you know that change in my pocket started getting REAL HOT. Learned a very valuable lesson that day…

2 Likes

Just wanted to point that out. When carrying batteries, never have them touch anything metallic or other batteries, which in most cases means using battery cases. They’re like a dollar or two. It’s worth it.

2 Likes

Oh, just thought of another one. Always check your resistance to be sure there are no shorts, if you’re using a mech and you have knocked the thing off the table or even knocked it over on the table. Someone over at EPF had that problem with his Kayfun - knocked it off the coffee table, not very high or hard, but still it caused a short with the coil.

3 Likes

I’ve done this!

I always use a battery case now! ;D

2 Likes

Hi i just discovered a potentiality dangerous flaw on my Eleaf ijust 2. Dont get me wrong i love it! I have had it 1 week and just now i realized while charging it that if the micro usb u plug into the stick is slightly tilted up the metal slightly touches the outside of the mod sending current thru the outside of the mod and not the battery (maybe it goes thru the battery as well idk integrated battery) i have no idea what would happen i left it like that… The way i discovered it was that it finished charging and the red light went out then when i picked it up with the charger still in it the red charging light went on again. My reaction was to keep holding it then my fingers started to creep/tingle and i realized what was going on would be good if someone could re check my findings on their ijust 2 so i know if its only my device or if its on all of them. Btw English isnt my first language so sry for spelling/grammar ^^,

2 Likes