Desperately trying to perfectly nail Strawberry Circus

I’ve got lots of respect for juice companies and when someone comes out with a great recipe, they definitely deserve to make some money off of it.

Problem is, my addiction to Strawberry Circus is running me over $400/month. I’ve GOT to find a DIY solution. If anyone has a spot on recipe, I’d give my firstborn child!

I know for certain that the strawberry is FW Strawberry. The smell is dead on.

It’s getting the sweetener part that’s proving to be difficult. FW’s cotton candy flavors, to me, have this odd flowery/perfume-ish aftertaste. I got in some cotton candy (circus) from TFA, and maybe it needs to steep or aerate, because it just tasted weird as hell. I just got a bottle of plain “sweetener” today from TFA. Maybe that’s all that’s being used…

Which makes me wonder - I’m a newbie juice maker - if a step in the process of making juices is an aging process (steeping), or aerating a juice? I have a magnetic stirrer and I could cover a beaker with mesh, to let a juice physically blend and breathe - is this a technique that changes the flavor, or one that is commonly used?

Also, strawberry circus is a “max vg” juice, but the samples I’ve tried so far, I can distinctly, if faintly, taste the sweet oily flavor of pure VG. Does that indicate needing more flavoring? or cutting it a bit with propylene glycol?

btw my test samples are without nicotine, and anyways I vape at 1mg to minimize the taste of nicotine.

Maybe give this a shot if you like;

1 Like

Saving the world from typing

Strawberry Circus Clone : http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/desperately-trying-to-perfectly-nail-strawberry-circus/67659

Lemon Lime (TFA) 0.3%
Cheesecake Graham Crust (TFA) 0.6%
Malted Milk Extra (TFA)1.5%
Sweet Cream (TFA) 5%
Cotton Candy (Circus) (TFA)5%
Strawberry (TFA) 5%
Blueberry Wild (TFA) 5%
1 Like

Thank you!! I’ll give that a shot. I just tried:

Strawberry (FW) 10%
Sweetener (TFA) 6%
PG 5%
Nicotine 100mg (VG) 1%
VG 78%

smellwise it’s really close, and tasting a drop of the raw juice is also very close. but after vaping it and the taste was “two-dimensional” it made me realize that the “strawberry” component is a more complex flavor when vaped. Just placed an order for the above flavors to see how they turn out!

1 Like

Well let’s thank @Beaufort_Batches for the screenshot. Looks like something I would like …so I had to type it to capture it anyway, just reposting the same as his screenshot. …and you are correct just a single strawberry will not be very “complex”. You can simply try multiple strawberries. Some are stronger and can have a bad flavor alone like Strawberry Ripe (TFA) but with a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of your Strawberry then that Ripe version adds some missing complexity.

Most Strawberry recipes add some cream or other fruit. These are typical newbie recipes which can easily get you on the DIY track to success. Do a search on here for Strawberry milk and start comparing the ratios and % people are using. Maybe order a Cheesecake flavor and Sweet Cream or Cream (Fresh) And read posts re: “Steeping” and “Shake and Vape”

Lots to learn! …but having some early success can help, so also read how others have struggled …and vape it forward. Welcome! and thx again to Beaufort …nice recipe!

1 Like

Just for information, INA Shisha Strawberry is a nice one, it has a real ripe strawberry flavor dipped in sugar unlike any other out there. A better definition would be a Strawberry with a candy coating, it’s divine to say the least…

@kismetcapitan Here’s an example of a sophisticated Strawberry “Base” from @Pro_Vapes. Click “Notes” on this link to see the flavors and percentages. Some of these are expensive flavors (Medicine Flower) and this would be something to shoot for as you gain more experience (and the extracts!)

You would mix this up, then use it just like your Strawberry (TFA) (not vape it straight). Here’s Pro_Vapes recipe where he uses it a 4.5% as part of a recipe. You can guess it would be great as a single mix (perhaps 8-9%) or part of any other Strawberry-based recipe where you’d like that “complexity” (at 4.5%). Hmm with like a New York Cheese Cake or Greek Yogurt?

Good example also of how you can better mine the valuable data out in the regular threads here on ELR… sometimes manual searching can get tedious. The top members here (not me) are very generous with their work …wait, not that I’m not generous …hey I’m waiting to hear your recipe success on Strawberry Circus :sunglasses:

2 Likes

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1397016/Strawberry%20Circus%20clone

also keep in mind the max vg could be a 80/20 ration as well as a 90/10 it just depends on what their nicotine base is and the flavor percentage , i wouldnt be surprised if its just strawberry , EM , and maybe sucralose for that extra sugar taste

Was there more to this recipe besides .75 EM & 8% Strawberry FW? Not sure if it was intentional or not, but the recipe is marked private. Either way, thanks!

This is a pretty old thread, but I was jusy curious to know if anyone tried the recipe suggested? I haven’t tried the original, but it sounds rather delicious. :slight_smile: