Digestive Biscuit Sub

I saw a Good Eats episode about baking with it. Alton claimed that the reason ol’ Sylvester invented it was to curb the unholy urges of his congregation. Entertaining episode, true or not.

6 Likes

Alton Brown is really awesome, I truly enjoy watching his shows.

7 Likes

I always enjoyed his shows. He likes to actually explain the science behind why things work and don’t. And the entertainment value is high.

6 Likes

It’s the grind. Much like rye flower and pumpernickel. To call it an invention is weird. Flour gets shifted at the mill after grinding. Sifting allows it to be graded. It’s more expensive because they don’t sell much of it.

6 Likes

you down under folks. if you can get your hands on some cinnamon gram crackers, those are the ones to snack on

7 Likes

The graham cracker is elusive here in Australia and so Google says as well.

I did find them at an American food place online but I don’t reckon they’d be worth it for $15 a box. I went on an adventure into Yankee candy last year an and they were surprisingly very different from the Aussie ones and I didn’t really like them.

6 Likes

Camping favorites for many years. Marshmallow toasted to perfection on a stick over a fire…just a bit of brown, but not burnt. Ahhhh…the memories.

5 Likes

That looks REALLY heavy… goodness

5 Likes

I’ve seen such American food places as little stalls in large shopping centers, but that was years ago and I’m not about to be traveling 4 hours to Sydney just to find a biscuit I probably won’t like the taste of :slight_smile:

I can be disappointed by food in any place, without the need for a half a days traveling :smirk:

7 Likes

I actually visited a supermarket yesterday which is quite common in the west, called Farmer Jacks. I don’t know if you get them over east
They stock a few items from other countries with one being the USA.

I had a quick look but couldn’t see any but I have to say I noticed some extraordinary (to me) flavoured chips!
Incredibly expensive though so I’ll stick with Smiths.

8 Likes

He really is one of a kind mixing science and cooking in my opinion.

5 Likes

They were a staple of every camping trip

5 Likes

They truly aren’t … I grew up eating them and I have to make them on my own now to make them Keto, I still love them.

4 Likes