DIY Flavor Shack (DIYFS) Flavor Tasting Notes

You convinced me, but I don’t see it… Where did you get it?

EDIT: It popped up after I typed in the search box, but not when browsing all flavors (High to Low)… my bad.

Thanks for the review and I’ll be giving it a try.

4 Likes

@Pro_Vapes Navigating the flavors is a bit wonky on their site.

2 Likes

Wake up, RIGHT back to the cookie tester tank LOL. At some point I’ll run out, and have to move onto the OTHER testers. Cookie IS a bit of a coil gunker @ 8%, but it’s probably because it’s REAL cookie in there LOL. Just too damned good. The DIYFS website IS indeed a bit wonky, and I’m not seeing anywhere to leave flavor comments.

3 Likes

Don’t you dare tempt me like this!!!

Thankfully their prices are quite high…otherwise I might have caved. Have you tried their Butter Rum? Noticed it when I went to the site. Ok, yes, I went and looked, but I only window shopped :happycry:

7 Likes

@MysticRose LOL. I haven’t tried the butter rum yet, and am sampling the Holy Vanilla now. Something’s telling me I’m going to be buying some more of these, … soon.

5 Likes

Awesome.

I have just started to get into this company. A friend of mine @Har_d_vape sent me the Gooey Butter Cake and I instantly fell in love. Also, it mixes really well with my FA concentrates.

Glad I found this thread.

Thanks @Beaufort_Batches

6 Likes

Wish they weren’t so expensive lol. Just like flavorah there better be gold chunks in these bottles.

Anyways, does that cookie have these “dark” notes like FA cookie, TPA cheesecake graham crust, inw biscuit and even cap cookie does have it, but not as detectable than the other ones ? :frowning: by now I believe its AP that turns it into nutmeg/clove and eggnog vibe…

I really want too find a good cookie, but all of these cookie flavors just hate me I guess!

3 Likes

Hey guys DIYVS is now stocking Diy Flavor Shack concentrates under “Flavor Shack”. Even Holy Vanilla is there.

8 Likes

@eStorm It is hard to compare to FA Cookie as it is far richer, and more complex, without the dryness. After MANY more tester tanks (hehe) it came into focus better, and thanks to @Sprkslfly’s pushing, to me it was very much like a Toll House cookie, but minus much of the choco chips. The richness that they pull into the bakery aspect is quite something to taste. To the AP/nutmeg/eggnog, I got none of that.

Thank you @Leilani we need to add to your title, “The scourer of the Interwebs”.

6 Likes

:laughing: I like the sound of that. I’m gonna get an eye patch and a compass. I’m always hunting SessionDrummer. You gotta know where you can get your favorites.

5 Likes

Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 8% (4-29-18) – Holy Vanilla ehhh ?? Well let’s see here. What IS in this delicious vanilla ? This is a very complex vanilla to say the least. Not just the typical light airy vanilla, or the deep dark vanilla, but a very good, full blending. It is very full and rich @ 8%, has a buttery/butterscotchy’ness to it. On the second tester tank already, and can’t put it down. Starting to see what all the hype is about. Every once in a blue moon, I almost got a whiff of a wintergreen, but who knows where that came from. If you want a rich, full vanilla, with a nice buttery, butterscotch-ish bonus, you cannot go wrong with this one. I get some off notes from some of CAP’s vanillas, but not this one. Won’t throw my others out, but I can see this one getting used a lot. No choice, but to go 10/10 on this one also.

9 Likes

@Leilani, I’m trying …

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 6 minutes before trying again.

2 Likes

@eStorm I KNOW what you’re talking about. I like FA Cookie, but it’s dryness limits it’s use, I love CAP Sugar Cookie, but similarly to FA Cookie, the dryness limits it’s use. I just got done testing FLV Cookie and Cookie Dough. The cookie was good, but didn’t super wow me. The Cookie Dough although having dough in there, it really seemed more of a oatmeal cookie with a splash of dough. With the above notes, this is why I was so blown away by the DIYFS Cookie.

5 Likes

Blueberry Muffin (DIYFS) 8% (4-29-18) – I’m starting to see a trend here, for my flavor profiles with DIYFS. OUTSTANDING BBM here guys/gals. The BB is very good, and doesn’t overpower the muffin. It reminds me of a mix of TPA BB Wild and RF SC BB for comparison. It’s harder to 100% nail down, because DIYFS got this one right, i.e. not all BB and a hnt of bakery like some others. The muffin isn’t just a generic “bakery” element tossed in, it actually tastes, like a muffin !!! Sweet, bready/cakey and resides right up there in the front of the mix with the BB. The two are paired beautifully and this is only my third DIYFS tester, I’m wondering if I went too high @ 8%. Not that it’s bad, or overbearing, but a thought. About the only negative (as if) would be when smelling it OOTB there is a slight tart you can smell, that seems to not carry over in the mix, but that’s probably due to the muffin mega’ness. If you want a BBM I don’t think you can go wrong with this. 9.5/10.

9 Likes

I ordered this way back and it 100% had coloring in it. It was a purple/blue color! Maybe they were using the old colored lorann blueberry!? Have they since sorted this? Does yours have coloring? It infuriates me when i order flavors and they show up with food coloring in them…

3 Likes

Here are three of the samples i was sent
All contain coloringUploading…

2 Likes

@mixologist13

4 Likes

So, are those Flavor Shack concentrates from the DIYFS web site?

2 Likes

Yup the muffin is purple! Its 2018 they should remove any artificial color from flavorings…

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s not intended as written… :wink:

Hopefully they remove any added coloring from their flavors!

4 Likes