Duomei Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Roger that @Gazza7. To be fair, I’m always a little uneasy when I hear people NOT wanting to buy based on anything I’ve said, as you never know. I can only hope that I’m not leading you astray, to the BUY or NOT buy that is.

4 Likes

Mint 0.5% (Duomei) 6-9-23 – Being a HEAVY Mojito drinker, I KNOW my mints. So much so that I grow my own, so I’m the guy for testing all things Mints. This one, however, was NOT the mint I was looking for, as it was NOT a fresh mint. Upon the very first taste, I knew what it was …

And THIS is what it was ...

Now, I think it’s safe to say that ^^^^^^ this profile is/was NOT in my wheelhouse. Mint/menthol/eucalyptus/cooling. There you have it. NOW, if you like that type of profile, this IS the one for you. If however you are/were looking for a fresh mint profile, this would NOT be the one for you. The mint THAT was present was ok, but it was fairly saturated with the menthol/eucalyptus, and I couldn’t NOT think of the halls cough drops. Surprisingly it was even keeled at 0.5% without being overbearing, and the cooling was fairly prevalent throughout. Sweetness was lower than mid-level, with the cooling being above mid-level. I hate to say it, but I could not see this working out for any of my personal mint required recipes. Maybe it could work out in one of yours. As a minty/cooled cough drop I would rate it VERY high, but as a “mint”, I have to apply fairly heavy take-offs, leaving it at a 1.5/10.

10 Likes

Ooo been looking for a good rosé essence and rose milk might fit perfectly for this. Lychee and rose milk tres leche.

6 Likes

Fruit Loops (Duomei) 1.0%/1.4% (6-9-23) – ANY of you Loopers out there who have tried most of the offerings know how most of them fall short. I’m ALWAYS up to see who’s going to try and get it right NEXT. It’s not often upon the FIRST taste, that I can exactly nail down the ONE thing that would make a flavor perfect, but I DID, with this one. This one smelled REALLY good out of the bottle, and when finger testing, AND that continued when testing it. It was probably the most spot on Fruit Loops flavor from any manufacturer, EXCEPT, for one thing. The grain. It was VERY light in the mix, and because the REST of the flavor profile(s) were SO good, the missing grain WAS noticeable. Now, was that a flavor killer ?? Hellz to the No, this was a GREAT loops flavor regardless. It really perfectly captured the dominant lemon, with a lighter orange, and SOME grainy-ness, and the associated “cereal” notes. The sweetness, while almost bordering on high, did perfectly mimic the cereal, and the “sugar lips” effect, and I would rate it a few ticks above mid-level sweet. For a test, I did boost it up to 1.4%, and it actually got even better (I didn’t think that would be possible), but the cereal grains still stayed very low in the mix. As I continued through 3 testers LOOKING for any weaknesses, off-notes, or mark downs, I could not find a single complaint or issue. The lemon while higher in the mix, was VERY nicely done, without approaching “Lemon Pledge”, or becoming fatiguing. The only thing stopping it from being a “Release the Kraken” 10/10, was the very light cereal grains. Thsi OBVIOUSLY could very easily be fixed, with little to no effort by pairing with CAP’s Silverline Fruit Circles, which had outstanding cereal grains. Now, the hard part. For a flavor that soo many have tried to capture, with soo few successes, how to rate this one, WITH the light grains. I toiled over this for quite a while before the third tester ran dry, and I finally settled on a 9.1/10. If you love the loops, and have some Silverline Fruit Circles, just buy the BIG BOTTLE now, and consider your Loopity Looper Loops DONE.

12 Likes

Your opinion is your opinion and I have been disappointed too many times from butterscotch,toffee or caramel concentrates.
From my experience I’m more likely to taste something off with the worst by far being the dreaded burnt taste.
Therefore when considering a new one it’s always at the back of my mind so if someone says they have tasted it I’m immediately turned off that concentrate.

6 Likes

Green Grape (Duomei) (Re-Test) 0.8% (6-9-23) – This is/was a RE-Test of the Green Grape from Duomei, and at double the earlier rate. As before his one smelled VERY promising in the bottle, and, proved to be just as promising when testing. Unique was accurate, as I don’t think I’ve got anything like this on my racks. I don’t know if I would have purchased a green grape or not, but thanks out to James, I have it. Another first tor this review is that I was actually EATING some green grapes while testing it, and honestly, this flavor was BETTER than the grapes I was eating. Now to be fair, they weren’t the best green grapes, BUT, this flavor took the lead. It DEF. had the “green” part from the grape down pat, and there was NO white, or purple present. It leaned fairly heavily to a natural gg, and the more I tested it, the more authentic it appeared to be. Fresh, natural, with plenty of “green”, and dammit, “grape”. It’s hard to put into words, but needless to say, this one DID taste like a green grape. At times, I thought I MIGHT have tasted just a smidge of light green apple accents, but then it would disappear, so I can’t count that as a persistent note. No real off-notes, and it was just about mid-level sweet. Maybe a little of the skin, but no stems LOL. The finish had a very nice tart-ness to it, that really sealed the deal for me, and pushed it further into the authentic. I went back and checked my notes from the previous test at 0.4%, and now that I’ve tested it at 0.8%, it WAS much improved. About the only 0ff-note (and I hate to use that word in this case) would be the slight, green apple note, but it was so slight, it really didn’t detract from this at all. All in, a pretty damned convincing green grape, with a tart finish. Because it was very convincing, I had to rate this one higher @ 9.5/10. I will update the flavor review to show these notes from the higher percentage.

13 Likes

Oh darn! I was so hoping…

5 Likes

Yeah, sadly, no stems or seeds this time, MAYBE next time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

TBH @KC111 I was actually surprised on how much MORE I liked the green grape after doubling. Go figure.

4 Likes

I was being facetious, lol. Who wants to eat/vape stems?
This Grape looks so good, how does it compare to Grape (SC) (Real Flavors)?

4 Likes

Wow @KC111 making me WORK for it here, hehe. about 6 years ago …

Grape SC @ 2.5% (6-7-17) – Have not had the best luck with grapes, so had 2 weeks to think about this one. After a few vapes, I think I like this. Pretty damned nice grape. Doesn’t seem to be a straight white, or purple grape, but more of a concord, and pretty close to a Grape Nehi soda. Very nice, full, and sweet @ 2.5% and still vaping it revealed NO offputting flavors, or artificial tastes to it. The more I vape it, the better it gets. Hmmmm, I think this is a pretty nice grape. Sweet and full in the inhale, and pretty close to a grape explosion on the exhale. Everyone’s “perfect” grape may be different, but this one is full of grape, and right in the middle, around a concord/grape soda. Continued vaping leaves me unable to find any shortcomings on this. Very surprised. An easy 9.5/10 for me on this one.

The RFSC was much more of a Purple/Concord, and somewhat Grape Nehi like.

8 Likes

Sorry bud, you are overloaded enough! It is hard to find Grape (SC) (RF) right now. Slap me silly next time I make you work so hard!

4 Likes

Hehe @KC111 my notes were a lot different back in 2017, BUT, they’re still good.

4 Likes

Appreciate all that you do, your notes are so helpful. Real Flavors seems like it is a 50/50 hit or miss. Bless you and good night.

5 Likes

Thank you very much @KC111.

3 Likes

Guava 0.6% / 1.0% (Re-Test) (6-11-23) – I knew I said I WAS going to be taking the day off from SFT, but I can’t LOL. Grabbing this one during some quality BBQ time gave me some good time with it. Re-Testing this one at a higher level. This one tasted like a pretty accurate, mostly natural Guava with some of the nice fermented “zingy” notes on the finish. It def. had a pink hue to it, which I cannot describe, BUT, it was in there. Below mid-level sweetness, and no off-notes to speak of. While it was very natural tasting, and accurate, it lacked some presence, so I boosted it from 0.6% to 1.0%, and it improved, but only slightly. I’m guessing this was just a more laid back flavor. If it wasn’t soo good, I probably wouldn’t have cared, BUT, I did want more. I did prefer it at 1.0%, and it wasn’t that is screamed more, more, more, but I still wanted some more hehe. All in it was a pretty accurate representation of a nice juicy guava with lots of the pink fleshy notes, with just enough ferment-y zing to keep it interesting, and non-linear. About the only take-off would be the somewhat relaxed presentation, even after spiking it to 1.0 percent. With that being the only real take-off, and no complaints over the actual FLAVOR of it, rating it fairly high @ 8.7/10.

12 Likes

Salty Butter v.1 (Duomei) 0.8% (6-12-23) – BACK on track with the BUTTAH !!! I’ve barely just STARTED testing this one, and already, I’m stuck on, “Movie Theater Popcorn BUTTER” !!! Wow, this one @ 0.8% hit you with a Butter Brick to the face. This tasted basically EXACTLY like a rich, and salted butter that you would get on movie theater popcorn. There’s no better way to explain it. Now I WILL admit to hardly EVER testing butters, because WHO would do such a thing ?? !!! I’ll keep doing it, for YOU guys. I’ve have to drop James a line to see if he knows the DAAP status of these Duomei flavors, as I, do not. Needless to say, butters can MOST times fall into two camps for me, one being like this one, a rich, movie theater popcorn butter, and the other would be more of a farm fresh, creamery butter. This one was def. the movie theater one. Plenty of mouthfeel, but NOT like you get from creams/creameries, but still very mouth feel-y. Salted just enough, with an entire center of rich butter. I’ll have to stop before I end up repeating myself even more. No off-notes, and just slightly sweet, and dripping in, (you guessed it), buttah. If you want a SPOT ON butter, that heavily favors the movie theater type, you better get this one, because that’s EXACTLY what this is. Too spot on, to make down, and just almost perfect. 9.8/10.

11 Likes

Try their other grape too but increase the percentage!I think their grape is a bit weaker than rest of their flavours!

4 Likes

Roger that @Liquid_DIY, thanks for that.

3 Likes

Salty Butter v.2 (Duomei) 0.8% (6-14-23) – If you (hopefully) have read the above review for the Duomei Salty Butter v.1, this one presented VERY similar, but with slightly less richness, and with increased sweetness. I had hoped it would have been more of a farm fresh creamery butter, BUT, it was actually very similar to the previous butter. I’m not 100% sure what they were they were aiming for with this second version, mostly because it shared so many similarities with the v.1. Still buttery, fairly rich, and with the still present, yet reduced “movie theater” styling. As with the v.1 it was plenty strong at 0.8%, and nothing out of place or squirrely. Basically, it was very close to the v.1 with some reduced richness, a little less “movie theater”, and an increased sweetness. Maybe I was still riding off of the butter high from the v.1 but this one felt like it had a little less impact than the v.1, and it felt good at an 9.0/10. Still buttery ?? Yes.

9 Likes