Ejuice tastes like cardboard

5 Likes

This is a fun one!

6 Likes

Cool , will try it for sure

3 Likes

Here’s one more, even though we have no idea if you are actually experiencing the phenomenon :wink:
https://vaping360.com/vaping-101/vapers-tongue/

5 Likes

I have to try something, even I dont think I have that issue after reading about it.
I love coffee and coffee beans would be like a treat for me

4 Likes

That article actually advised not to use coffee beans! Worth a shot, though.

Btw, what flavors are the store-bought juices you can’t taste? More Strawberries?

3 Likes

One of them is mixed berries( I assume it has strawberry) the other one is jacked up which based on the seller has cactus.

3 Likes

Jacked up sold by Vital is a very nice juice

3 Likes

I can’t imagine your getting the VIC out of a pod … Mesh or not … Usually creams don’t come out in pod devices… When I make pod recipes I omit the cream and if I want any kind of separation in the flavors I use two flavors that are completely different like a lemon and a strong raspberry etc

4 Likes

I am new to vaping and also mixing.
I rushed making my own ejuice because it sounded fun.
I am planning to get a mod device and leaning toward the voopoo drag 2 but dont want to rush getting mod.
So trying to make due with what I have until I know for sure I wont be going back to smoking cigarettes.

5 Likes

I am praying for you…
You can get a decent mod and a nice tank that won’t break your wallet.
Many here can help with that. Me too, just ask.
It surely would be worth it…to not go back to the smokes.

6 Likes

You should get a mod and RTA/RDA. There is a world of difference between how the ejuice will taste compared to what you’re using now.

Another thing to consider is just because a recipe or ejuice has lots of positive reviews doesn’t really mean much to an individual. There are so many variables and subjectivity involved. Some of the worst commercial juices I’ve tried were some of the most highly touted ones.

I don’t believe anyone starts out making juices that kick ass. There is a significant learning curve in making your own juice and everyone has to go through it. Fortunately, there are tons of people who can advise you based on years of experience. The key is to keep at it. Imo, keeping records of what you do will help tremendously. Everything I’ve ever mixed in the past 2.5 years has been written into notebooks and then recorded in Excel. It may sound tedious but it’s worth the effort and time.

10 Likes

I thought you might like to try a giveaway. This is on topic if you decide you need a new kit

5 Likes

Thank you for the support and prayer.
I am doing great so far, and haven’t thought about smoking much maybe once or twice in the last month which is awesome.
When the time comes to get a mod,I would for sure need the advice of which one to get.

Thank you

7 Likes

@Spicy2 try mixing

Strawberry TPA. 6pct
Kiwi Double TPA 4pct
Koolada. 1pct

Ive never used either of these fruits , but it should get you something descent in a POD , remember mix your VG / PG ratio 50/50 or 60vg / 40 of… You xan push those flavots up a percent also or two also , if you have a sweetner add at 1 pct

4 Likes

I think maybe giving a flavourless base a try and see if it tastes like the cardboard.

2 Likes

Custards/Creams or recipes that have 4+ flavors, especially at high percentages, do not do very well in pod systems, IMO.

TFA in general, while not a bad brand, does not very well in pod systems and the reason is that most of their flavorings, do contain Maltol, Ethyl Maltol, Vanillin etc. While in some circumstances we want that “force” muting these kind of flavors bring to the table, the pod system is not one of them. Again only in my opinion of course.

It’s already difficult to mix for pods, there’s no general rule, and I do know lots of people will tell you too just mix higher for pods and you’re fine. Not always and especially depending on flavor house, that can definitely back fire.

My whole point is, even so I wouldn’t call it cardboard, that you might want to try a different recipe or other flavor brand, if you want to stick with your nord. I mix very simple mixes for my nord and my magic. 1-4 flavors max actually, mostly very light creams if I want to smooth something out or add a touch of “heavyness/creamyness/mouthfeel” sort of thing. But I basically stick to fruits, tobacco, coffee and peppermint when using/mixing pod devices and that works quite well. I am using some newer flavor companies, due to the flavors are a bit cleaner and some are more potent, allowing me to keep the percentages at a lower rate.

If you wanted “flavorful” juices, you will need to change your setup, because it’s nearly impossible to get a very complex juice into a pod (not saying mustard milk is complex, more basing this on very well balanced/layered recipes in general) GL

5 Likes

I think one of the things you may want to consider is Viscosity. I had this issue when I was using cartridges. The juice was too thick to work through the cotton fast enough for me. The ideal thing would be to add PG to your juice and maybe even go to a 50-50 mix. If it’s a pre-mix though you can add a bit of water or PGA. And when I mean a bit I mean a bit, start out at a few drops but no more than 1 mL per 30 ml bottle.
I hope this helps, and let me know what you find out or anyone else can come in and tell me whether I am crazy or not.

3 Likes

Vape tongue is when you vape all day long and suddenly everything tastes the same. You can try brushing your tongue with a tooth brush, no paste. I’ve also heard swishing your mouth out with vodka for 30 seconds, that of course depends on whether or not you are able to use alchohol products. Personally if I start to feel like I’m losing the taste I change to unflavored VG W/WO nicotine is up to you. Also a good Mexican meal hot enough to make you sweat. There are tons of “remedies” out there to try. Also steep your juice about 2 weeks more if you want. vapes containing any kind of “milk or creamy” flavor needs to steep a good long time IMHO
You can also try adding 1/4 of one percent TPA Sour to your mix

5 Likes

I mixed up a bunch of 10ml testers and I’m getting cardboard flavor. I thought maybe I dry burned my coil too hot. Nope. Switched it out and no change. I tried three different cottons. I’m guessing my problem is my base I use just got old (it’s just VG & PG in a squeeze bottle). I haven’t been mixing much so it sat a while. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have to make all new testers.

Edit: Holy crap, 3 years later. I found this thread in a Google search and didn’t know it was that old.

6 Likes