ELR Calculator App

You beat me to it! Lol
I was looking at these earlier as well. Sucks that the “innovative” Apple is taking that stance. I’d go back to a droid for the usage of it though. They only care about money? I’ll vote with my wallet!

3 Likes

I would gladly buy elr app when it comes out. Bought one from google play but elr would be way better.

1 Like

I’m guessing that this potential app isn’t going to happen anytime soon…

1 Like

The web interface works well enough on portable devices … a bit of layout optimisation could be arranged but a dedicated app would not add massive amount, I believe.

3 Likes

I’m just thinking besides mixing it’d also help track how much flavors you have left. Plus have an offline copy of your recipes

2 Likes

Eyes don’t lie…

Offline copy of your recipes… Hmm, still online though…

2 Likes

The current flow does not make for ‘what is left’ easy to calculate.
It would require new objects like batches.
I’d be happier with a different data model for this site but the current one works well enough and another one might well turn out worse.
When I mix, I wish I did not have to create a private recipe to have the numbers sorted out for me

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this?

1 Like

Say I want to mix an existing recipe.
To get the weights I need to press adapt this and this creates a recipe, hopefully kept private. I have created a recipe object in the DB. :unicorn:

I would be happier with a simpler I want to make a batch of this, that does a similar thing but does not add to the recipe database. Also, I would love to be able to keep track of batches dates.

What I would do if it was my data:

Recipes: just a flavour profile

• just flavours

Mixes/batches:

• a recipe
  • additives (nic, whatever people use these days water/saline/rocket fuel)
  • a date.

For each batch, you are allowed to rate your batch after some time. The website could have some visual clue so that it is easy to do (due review)

Now you can get fancier:
From a recipe:

• you can mix (exact flavours and proportion)
  • you can adapt (sub flavours, change proportions, attempting to keep the same profile)
  • optional use for inspiration or such kind of sideway link. When I cook I use this a lot.

I want graphs, lots of graphs. I want to see people failing when doing subs and I want people to get reminders to rate the batches they mix. The rating system is too hard to use by mixer to be useful to most users.

Also I’d like to have more useful search so that I do not have to abuse the textual box for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes