ELR Mixing Contest II (LIVE)

LOL! I married a Ginger so that’s some funny material right there!!!

Yeah, she ate my soul years ago. :japanese_ogre::jack_o_lantern:

7 Likes

Thanks so much for organizing this, you guys! I was quietly participating the whole time, but, yet again(!), couldn’t get one dialed in close enough to submit! I couldn’t subject you guys to subpar mixing, not even for the random prize possibility!

And, i almost had one with Wood Spice, but 0.3% is about 90% too strong in a custard! Think i need some Oak Barrel for what i was shooting for.

I will nail one, one of these times!

Thanks again!

12 Likes

…and GOOD LUCK to everybody who did get a submission in! I look forward to seeing the results!

7 Likes

Where did you find Wood Spice? Last time I looked on BCF they didn’t have it.

5 Likes

I might be interested in taking flavors off your hands, depending.

4 Likes

@muth redhousemixer just posted that Gremberry Farms has harder to find FLV flavors …

Thanks out to @redhousemixer

5 Likes

I thought you only had to submit to one judge? I believe they bicker amongst themselves.

8 Likes

Yeah, I realized that later. I was hoping it went unnoticed so they don’t subconsciously (or consciously) doc me for it but now you pointed it out :wink:

7 Likes

Do the guys maybe share the recipes with a couple others to get some extra opinions?

8 Likes

If it’s anything like contest 1 each judge will get a link with the recipe you sent in. Each judge rates it for flavor, description, picture, so on. Once scored they discuss between themselves. Hope this helps.

11 Likes

Can we get the rating this time? Iv was interested in knowing the score the 1st contest this way i can see what i can improve on for the next ones

7 Likes

Thanks @rcleven . I was just wondering if all 3 also share with any others aside from each other.

9 Likes

Yup, it’s like America’s Got Talent :wink:

ETA: Oh you meant others outside of the judges? I didn’t think so but why not ask? Maybe they have Gurus they consult with :person_in_lotus_position:

7 Likes

I doubt that would be cause for any penalties. Plus, they know that half of us suffer from mental problems :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Wait, WHUT ?? !!! Olin told me I had to send it to ALL THREE Judges, AND I had to put a 20 spot in EACH envelope !!!

10 Likes

D-I-S-Q-U-A-L-I-F-I-E-D !!

9 Likes

Only HALF??! :joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing:

10 Likes

No we do not…

6 Likes

Yes , exactly…

6 Likes

Geez , you guys want rating and comments…Maybe the ratings , Comments 100pct that is why we are keepimg them private so we can lesve comments and nobody else sees…

9 Likes