Endless Tweaking: The Infinite Nudge

hahahah! at first glance on this thread, it looked like “Endless Twerking”! that would be something to see

6 Likes

and then after 5 more versions, we realize that the wife was right. just leave it alone

3 Likes

I would say I’m a 1 or even a 0.5. All to often I settle for “vapeable”. Is it the best I ever had? No. Is it vapable? Yeah, Good enough for me.

8 Likes

On the 1-10 scale I’m usually a 1, maybe 2, with the occasional mix that turns me into a 10. Ok maybe not 10… probably more like 5 compared to the super tweakers here. I mix up new stuff aaaall the time, and if I don’t like it I’m more likely to ditch it and move on to something else than revamp it. I think the most tweaks I’ve ever done to a recipe has been when I’m collaborating with another mixer. That gives me a little more motivation since there’s another person in on it.

7 Likes

That would naturally depend on the twerker.

I want to leave my Creme Brulee ratios alone because I actually like it a lot, but I just can’t!!!

6 Likes

I think if I tried to long-tweak a recipe it might ruin the profile for me. By Banana Pudding V26 I’d never want to taste Banana again! But a super tweaker might say they finally love Banana. I love the varying methods of diy’ers. I’m finding myself right about where you are, one or two attempts and it’s love it or leave it. Roundabouts, anyway.

5 Likes

Sadly, I left banana for a year because of one stupid bottle. It was long ago from a vendor. I had a cold and that’s the one I vaped. I was miserably sick and banana reminded me of being sick. Happily I have found it again and it’s one of my favorite fruits ATM. Hey, banana in my Creme Brulee… I feel a tweak coming on!

4 Likes

Banana and Creme Brulee go great together! Its the basis of my Banana Pudding recipe

4 Likes

Yep, I did that to myself with honeydew. I was a naive newbie who didn’t know how fuckin hard it is to clone juice (especially with minimal flavors from just a couple manufacturers). I must have tried…6? 7? different honeydew/berry/cotton candy mixes and after probably 6 months of trying to clone my favorite b&m juice I had to call it quits because just the smell of honeydew made me nauseous. So maybe I lied before… that was probably the most times I’ve tweaked a recipe. Thankfully after taking a long break I can finally handle honeydew again, but only in small quantities and very occasionally.

4 Likes

Sounds like a new recipe altogether… Bananas Foster minus the alcohol.

3 Likes

I have a recipe like that! I was out of town and drank waaay too much out at the club, enough to make me sick for a full day afterwards plus some… That recipe was all I had to vape and as soon as I got home I threw it in the back of the steep box. I was actually just cleaning out the steep box yesterday and found it. I opened it to give it a smell, and instantly it made me think about the worst hangover ever. It got dumped.

4 Likes

The recipe came out somehow almost exactly like Banana Pudding with Nilla Wafer mixed in! Like after the wafers get soft.

4 Likes

I’ll have to sub the hell out of it to fit my stash but that sounds like a keeper. Sorry you hate it!

3 Likes

Oh, no!! I love It! I was saying if I tweaked it out for a year and a day I would hate banana!

4 Likes

These are great flavors to work with if you are expanding your stash. I don’t think it would compare if you subbed any of the key ingredients. Worth a shot, though!

3 Likes

@Cutlass92 I’m hitting the last 3rd of the bottle of your Apple Fritter right now. It’s steeped an extra month and a half now and is freaking killer! How many tweaks did it take to get there?

3 Likes

None, it was a very nice surprise!

4 Likes

Then imagine how good it will be with a few tweaks! Come on, you can do it…

4 Likes

Everyone that try’s it says leave it alone. @Molly_Mcghee and I work together on them and get some pretty nice results fairly quickly, we usually do the same as @VapeyMama and don’t tweak much, just toss it and start over, I don’t really toss it my son in law vapes so I give him all the stuff that turns into :poop:

8 Likes

Oh and thanks for the vote of confidence! :+1:

3 Likes