Ethyl Maltol alternative

After I tried Sugar Daddy I don’t use any other sweetener. Not sure what the shipping would be but I have only found it at Wizard Labs. I’m pretty sure you can make it but I don’t know how. Though I think @authormichellehughes might know. She is the one that turned me onto it.

Oh ya, nice to see you @Englishguy

3 Likes

And its all down to you bud thank you dan

3 Likes

Also Stevia based iirc, harder to find than flavorah though.

1 Like

Thank you so much i never new this site would be so useful

2 Likes

whats that?

1 Like

Both suggardaddy and sweetness flv are stevia based. I think flv uses an additive and sugardaddy uses some maltol or so to balance it.
Stevia is a sweetener extracted from the Stevia plant. It is a combination of two compounds in extracted form, if my memory serves me right. Balance thereof can make it taste weirdly bitter.

1 Like

I happen to know there is more than 2 ingredients in sweetness…
but again, its proprietary… and it’s not stevia based… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Issue is… EM Ethyl Maltol is used for “cotton candy”… or to sweeten or thicken an ejuice…
One alternative is marshmallow. or use a sweetener…

Unless you show a recipe, really hard to suggest an alternative… not knowing how the rest will work.

3 Likes

I think this is based on the flavorah patent on use of Stevia compounds.
I think the expectations are based on https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160128370

1 Like

I tried them all, from Sucralose, bought, DIY with crystals, EM (I still use, it sparingly… on some mixes but for the malted note… not as a sweetener) Erythritol (diluted in VG) Cotton Candy… Fructose, you name it I used it… But… at today???

FLV Sweetness! … not sucralose, Stevia or fructose based and even if proprietary, I’m confident of the fact that Brendan is very careful on what he sells us, .5 takes you a long way without adding the sickly sugary taste to your mix. but it’s MHO…

5 Likes

Being that I’m about to switch sweeteners (Sucralose currently) this comment comes at a good time. Thank you for helping me make the choice!

3 Likes

I am about to cut processed sugars out of my diet and I hear Stevia is good for helping in the transition or should I say withdrawal?

3 Likes

The first time I tried sweetness, I (thought I) was sure there was stevia in it too. I got that same (nasty) aftertaste from it… it was just a hint and I don’t taste it anymore, so I’m all happy with Sweetness FLV too. No other sweetener needed here either.

3 Likes

If you look over that link that you posted, it’s abandoned. There is components in the compounds that are proprietary. It is not stevia-based. What you linked is not even linked to flavorah, as flavorah does not hold any patents.

1 Like

you have to make sure that you shake it everytime that you use it. I have had it recrystallize on me at times. Just like with any other ingredients for e-juice, always shake your bottles before using. Out running errands will catch up with you guys later :slight_smile:

I also use sweetness in my coffee, about three to six drops in a 8oz mug

4 Likes

I do that with everything, have to make a conscious effort not to do it with my nicotine every time.

2 Likes

Shake your nic too

2 Likes

Not every 5 minutes between mixes… too much air in it :crazy_face:

1 Like

that’s what I’m using too… unfortunately can’t do the cinnamon because me and cinnamon don’t mix LOL

2 Likes

Same here, I always like cinnamon but could never vape it. Now I don’t like it at all.

2 Likes