Ethyl maltol

Can someone tell me what this is and do I need to purchase?

1 Like

It’s a sweetener that really gunks up your coils. I have some but don’t use it, I use marshmallow at a low percentage to get some sweetness in mixes. I’m sure someone will give you more detail on it soon.

Thanks, I maybe won’t even bother with it, just saw it on a sight and wondered what it was, haven’t ordered any DIY stuff yet, but am getting ready too take the plunge,
Thanks again

1 Like

Read this before you order anything

6 Likes

Some good info on sweeteners :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes hav read that and tons of other stuff, still researching everything

3 Likes

Good stuff. You’re smarter than I was then lol

1 Like

I have purchased lots of crappy juices, so that’s why I’m thinking DIY, I’m sure I can make crappy tasting juices for a lot less, lol

6 Likes

Thanks will read that for sure.

The people in here will help you with any questions you have, it’s a great community. Welcome aboard.

2 Likes

Great, thank you very much, don’t have any friends that vape, so need some sort of community to chat with.

1 Like

Not a bother, you’re in the right place then :smile:

ethyl maltol is also the same thing as cotton candy , it does mute flavors if used to high its not a must have item but its worth having just in case

3 Likes

Thanks for the input, still researching everything, and learning, I appreciate your reply

2 Likes

Might like to check out:

2 Likes

Thanks have started reading, lots of info

1 Like

Just how far has everyone pushed Ethyl Maltol before it starts to mute? Using Cotton Candy TFA as a sweetener, and I want to push it as hard as I can to act as a sweetener but not mute.

1 Like

I would like to use it to mute something that’s too strong. Have you gotten your answer yet?

Cotton candy/ethyl maltol can mute flavours for a sort period of time, 2 or 3 weeks and sometimes more than 1month. After that period the muted flavours comes back. More ethyl maltol= more days (more or less). But if you mix it to soft plastic bottle it can mute other flavours for ‘‘ever’’, because it react with the soft plastic and somehow melt it. (Sorry for my English).

2 Likes

Ew, I certainly won’t use plastic, then. Thank you, I understood everything you said :smiley:

2 Likes