EuroFlavors Tasting Notes

YES !!! Blueberry Kush :thumbsup:

Well,… uh,… I’m already there, and I would love to buy me some of that. It may take you there, but they sure as hell aren’t selling it there! :confounded:

I found out from Phill at EF in Texas, EuroFlavor is only doing business to business wholesale. :pensive: He did not elaborate why, just gave me that fact. Perhaps that means they sell to folks who will solely produce ready made eliquids from their concentrates. But, it is a drag they don’t market and sell their flavors like all the other folks.

2 Likes

That it is, but in the meantime I’ve got at least 6 coffee shops in walking distance from my house where I could sniff up this hazy depth :innocent:

5 Likes

In searching for tobacco concentrates, EuroFlavor caught my eye. I must say, so far, there are more winners than losers in their tobacco line. These are my short and sweet tasting notes on the EF tobaccos I’ve experimented with to date:

Burley Tobacco:
Unusable. Back to the lab with this one EF. Nuff said.

Cigar Cuba:
This is a light and airy, but very aromatic Cuban cigar flavor; no ash is present. Woody in nature, this tobacco definitely has a cedar note which is front and center. Must have for cigar vape lovers.

Mixed at 5%, 40PG/60VG; a bit too much cedar; mix at lower than 2% for a nice cedar flavor.

Cigar Dominican Republic:
I find this tobacco flavor somewhat enjoyable, even though there is a heavy-ish floral quality which is associated with the flavor. However, the pleasant (light pine or cedar) woody and leathery quality wins over floral note. No chemical back notes associated with this flavor.

Mixed at 5%, 40PG/60VG; will say to mix at lower than 4% if you don’t want this tobacco as the primary in the mix.

Dark Tobacco:
From EF: Fire-cured, rich tobacco taste with smoky and woody impressions. Contains a slight floral taste that adds body and aroma to the blend.

Agree; however, the slight floral note is almost nonexistent, which is a good thing for me. There are no chemical notes. This is a “darkish” flavored pipe like tobacco with lots of body. It will prove nicely in adding depth to other tobaccos.

Mixed test batch at 5%, 40PG/60VG; will probably mix this flavor at a bit higher percentage if primary tobacco.

Modified Virginia Blend:
From EF: Virginia tobacco is often referred to as brightleaf tobacco. Most of this type of tobacco is grown in the US and was fire-cured dark-leaf. Our Modified Virginia Blend is planted in fertile lowlands, used a robust variety of leaf, and is either fire cured or air.

They got the Virginia tobacco flavor right; slightly sweet and flavorful. The flavor of this tobacco is that of air cured. There is no added smokiness or charred flavor in the least with this flavor. It’s a bit on the light side, so a mix percentage at 5 to 10% will be required for tobacco lovers; others should stay below 5% for a nice light Virginia flavor to the mix. Tobacco fans will want to add an absolute or DNB to this flavor.

Mixed at 5%, 40PG/60VG; wanted a bit more flavor as a stand alone.

Orient Tobacco Black:
From EF: Orient Tobacco Black is a sun-cured, highly aromatic, small-leafed variety or tobacco. Often referred to as Turkish tobacco.

I’ve been searching for a very long time for a tobacco that carries the flavor of cedar and/or sandalwood. EF has it, hands down, with their Orient Black. This is going to prove tremendously helpful with cigar mixes and other recipes which need a bright oriental tobacco quality.

Tested at 5%, 40PG/60VG and think that anything more than 5% in the mix would be a waste or move into the cloying range.

Orient Tobacco White:
EF copied and pasted the same description for Orient Tobacco Black as the description of this tobacco…really?

This tobacco is of the Oriental/Turkish variety, however, they need to rework this flavor due to its unpleasant odor and chemical notes. Tastes and smells dank and acrid, rather like stinky socks and wet, spent fireworks the morning after the celebration.

Mixed at 5%, 40PG/60VG; back to the lab with this one EF.

Pipe Tobacco:
From EF: Well-blended pipe tobacco w/vanilla notes.

Agreed. A nice blend of tobacco flavors with a sweet finish; a light to medium bodied tobacco flavor with notes of Virginia, burley, oriental. No pungent quality or chemical notes inherent with this liquid. This pipe flavor would be a good candidate for folks that need an introduction to vaping tobacco mixes.

Mixed test batch at 5%, 40PG/60VG; good, but will mix at 6 to 8%.

11 Likes

EF’s description states: Earthy, woody, pine aromas that you find in the hazy depths of Dutch coffee shops.

Kush, Northern Lights, Jack Herer, Haze, Skunk, etc… I’m sure you can find all of these and more in the “hazy depths of a Dutch coffee shop”. This is exactly where the EF Amsterdam concentrate can take you. Pop the top on a mason jar full of some really choice cannabis bud, stick your nose inside, inhale that bright, pungent, sweet, spicy, lime/lemon scent (or however you want to describe that smell)… Yup, that’s EF Amsterdam. This concentrate is gonna be very popular with the herbal crowd!

Mixed test batch at 5%, 40PG/60VG; good, but will mix at 6 to 8%; maybe a bit of INW DNB for some ash quality on the back end.

Or maybe some blueberry for that yum yum vape! Perhaps a NSFW vape…:thinking:

2 Likes

This was my favorite of the bunch, now its back on my wishlist.

I noticed they have quite a few new flavors since they sent out the last of them. I may have to grab a few to check them out, woodruff is of interest to me.

https://euroflavor.myshopify.com/collections/all?sort_by=created-descending

Some new tobaccos i havet seen too. Two Apples Plus was fantastic, anise+licorice=yum…

I also liked their chocolates, their Vanilla Custard wasnt bad either and i see they have a Vanilla Custard Tobacco now, something ive been meaning to make.

1 Like

Bump on the Euro flavors thread here. Just SF testing EF green passionfruit. Based on other passionfruits and their strengths i started low at 2% 70/30 VG/PG at 2mg. A review of other brands offerings:
FA passionfruit although good is almost too strong and somewhat earthy and musky. 7/10
TFA passionfruit is just gross just dont 1/10
Capella passionfruit is okay as a mixer 6/10
FW passionfruit again just okay 6/10
German Flavors Passionfruit is very good captures the high notes of passionfruit quite well and muskiness is kept to a minimun at low% 0.25-0.5% 9/10

Finally Euro flavors Green Passionruit. First the name the “green” had me worried but fret not it does not taste green. Taste is amazing. No earthy notes and a very juicy mouthfeel. Very bright top notes. 10/10 for myself EF green passionfruit is a must have. Other winners so far include sour apple, green apple, red apple , blue raspberry, and last but definately not least , yellow mango.

Edit: testing done on an atty(3) (cubed ) dual twisted 26 gauge Ti 5wrap 0.21ohms between 55-70watts

7 Likes

I didn’t realize this thread was here until Pro Vapes linked it on another thread. These are just my basic first impression tasting notes. I have another 30 or so steeped and waiting when I have time.

Percentage Used: 7%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

PG/VG: 30/70

Amareno Cherry: 6 Day Steep. Amazing intense cherry. A deep and rich dark dessert cherry. Very much like cherries from black forest cake. Not juicy and bright like a fresh cherry, more of a canned/cooked cherry in syrup. Very nice, would be great with chocolate, tobaccos, dessert especially pie or danish. It does have a mild throat hit, might need a longer steep or lower percentage. Pretty strong, maybe 5% for SF 1.5-3 in mixes. Very unique one of a kind flavor.

Would I buy again: yes.

Apple Cinnamon: 6 Day Steep. This is a very sweet apple blossom. Floral without being perfume. It has a faint note of apple flesh/pulp, almost like apple sauce in the back. The cinnamon is a mild baking cinnamon, very light. I would definitely change the name to Apple Blossom with Cinnamon. But since it’s Euro flavors, I would make sure the description is clear. This also has a bit of a TH. The flavor is moderate to strong. I’m thinking maybe .5-3% in mixes. I surprisingly like this, it will make an excellent accent flavor, I’m not quite sure what to use it in yet. Tea? A drop or two for added depth to apple pie?

Black Tea: 13 Day Steep. Pretty accurate black tea. Very strong on the tea leaf, with a tiny hint of sweetness? It also smells and tastes like a light tobacco as well, I’m thinking the dried leaves maybe?

Would I buy again: no.

Blueberry: 13 Day Steep. Moderate strength blueberry candy. Artificial, nothing fresh. Medium sweetness, very similar to TFA Blueberry Candy, but also weaker and more flat than TFA’s.

Coconut: 8 Day steep. Sweet coconut, not candy sweet like sweetened coconut flakes, and not unsweetened like fresh coconut. Kind of in the middle, and a little bit creamy. It’s an artificial coconut, but not sun tan oil either. A bit different than the usual.

Dark Cherry: 8 Day steep. No. Just no. Cough syrup… yuck!

Would I buy again: hell no.

Fresh Blueberry: 6 Day Steep. This is fresh blueberry, naturally sweet. Mild flavor, this one is not as strong at 7% as the others. Body isn’t there, kind of empty/flat? It’s ok. Probably 9-10% for better strength, 3-6% for mixes.

Fresh Pear: 13 Day Steep. Excellent fresh Bartlett pear with excellent body and mouth feel. Naturally sweet and juicy, no hints of peel. Good strength. Maybe 2-4% in mixes

Glazed Donut: 13 Day Steep. Yeast raised donut with very very light glaze. It tastes like Play Doh to me. Almost exactly like Cappella GD except this one is a lot weaker, maybe half the strength of Caps

Gum: 6 Day Steep. Very realistic stick mint gum. It tastes like spearmint to me, not as cool and sharp as peppermint, a little warmer yet still prominent and cooling. Very good and complete single flavor, the base is notably gum. Fairly strong, may combine well with fruits for a fruity mint gum. SF 5-6% or 1.5-3% in a mix.

Jasmine Tea: 13 Day Steep. Medium strength tea with a moderate amount of sweet jasmine and hints of honeysuckle. Slightly floral, no perfume at all though. Very smooth.

Kiwi: 8 Day steep. Yucky!!! Tropical perfume. Truly.

Would I buy again: Hell to the NO!

Lemon: 13 Day Steep. Sweet lemon candy, not the sour kind. Artificial not fresh fruit. Sweet with only a very very faint hint of tart in the back. Not acidic at all, good strength. Good as a single flavor, and would add a lot to a lemon cake I think. Needs to be named lemon candy.

Lemongrass: 13 Day Steep. Light and clean lemon citrus, with a faint hint of minty herb. No acidity or cleaner. Good strength, probably 3-6% in mixes.

Peach: 6 Day Steep. Fresh ripe peach. Juicy and very very sweet but it doesn’t taste candied. Definitely sweeter than the natural sweetness of peach. Good full body with no hints of anything artificial.

Pear: 6 Day Steep. Natural fresh pear, I’m leaning towards a yellow pear. Or Bartlett. Or yellow? I can’t figure it out yet. Sweet and juicy, great body to it. Moderate strength, probably 2.5-5% in mixes.

Raspberry: 8 Day steep. Authentic fresh raspberry, mild flavor. A very slight harshness, tiny hint of perfume. Pretty weak and watered down overall, no body or mouthfeel. I’m afraid of increasing the percentage for stronger flavor as it might also make the harshness worse.

Red Apple: 6 Day Steep. Juicy authentic and fresh apple flesh. Red Delicious variety, somehow they achieved the flavor with only a hint of peel in the back. Another very very sweet flavor, more than the natural sweetness. Good body and strength. Probably 2-4% for mixes.

Red Strawberry: 6 Day Steep. Authentic ripe strawberries. No hint of candy or sugar. I’m getting a slight off note, almost tastes like a hint of green or unripe strawberry, which adds to the realism. This might make a good mixer for a more layered strawberry for those that like them.

Spearmint: 6 Day Steep. Moderately cool spearmint. Very much like their gum without the gum base. Sweetened like a lifesaver, not naturally unsweetened mint. Moderate strength at 7%, probably 2-4% in mixes.

Sweet Apple: 8 Day steep. Very very sweet fresh apple, but a bit of applesauce as well. All apple flesh, no peel. It’s very close to their apple cinnamon minus the cinnamon. Light to moderate flavor, recommend 8.5-10% for SF and 2-6% in mixes.

Sweet Strawberry: 6 Day Steep. Juicy authentic natural strawberry. Ripe without being over, sweetness is moderate and not artificial at all, no hints of artificial candy or fake glaze. Very similar to Cappella. Mixed very nicely with the gum, minty strawberry gum. Good strength flavor at 7%. Guessing 2.5-5% in mixes.

Virgin Colada: 8 Day steep. Sweet pineapple and creamy thick coconut cream. Really good thick body, creaminess is prominent. The pineapple doesn’t have the sharp acidity and tang of fresh, but doesn’t really taste canned either. Basically a replica of the pre-made pina colada mix you can buy in the bottle, so I guess sort of artificial and exactly as advertised. I am getting a slight off note in the back, almost waxy, I can’t quite figure it out. Pretty good strength SF at 7%, getting a little throat hit. Would try again at 5% and see if it helps. Maybe 1.5-4% in mixes, this would be really good for making cakes, smoothies or shakes, and desserts in low doses.

Would I buy again: maybe, undecided?

7 Likes

What percentages did you find on these?
Are they as weak sauce as reported early in the thread? Or, given how low you were using the couple you mentioned in this post, would it seem to be that they’ve actually bumped up the flavor (so we could use them at lower percentages now)?

Appreciate your help, and anyone else who’s wandered into EF in the last few months that might be able to relate current/recent experience!

1 Like

WOW. Out of all of these, only one potential candidate for me. That’s pretty sad, and seems to very much reaffirm the early comments on the thread (barring the tobacco stuff).

Very much appreciate your notes, time, and effort in sharing these with us MysticRose! hugs

2 Likes

Dont think they have modified the flavors maybe others just taste differently.
Sour Apple 2% use in a sourpatch mix. Not shooting for an apple note in this mix rather just the sour note and it does the job
Red apple 2-4% blended with other red apples
Yellow mango 2-3% very much like a bottled mango drink mix with 2% PUR goldeneye for a fresher mango
The green passionfruit EF at 2% held up well. I bumped to 3% in a mix however.
Green apple EF i use a mixer at 3-4%
Blue Rasp testing done at 7% mixed Jan13 2017. Flavor has held up well. Initial banana off note has steeped out. Recommend 4-7% in a mix

I have a sample of the EF pear im going to finally give a go after reading @MysticRose reviews. Thank you

5 Likes

Additional notes I forgot to add I guess.

Vanilla Cupcake 10 week steep. Faint vanilla frosting? I’m not getting any cake flavor or body. Very overly sweetened frosting? A little waxy, almost artificial one note vanilla, light and it has no complexity or layers. No noticable creaminess, very flat and empty vape.

Would I buy again: No

Vanilla 10 week steep. Lightly creamy clean vanilla, not sweetened. Not dark like a bourbon or baking vanilla. Not sure how it will blend with other flavors. Might be a good accent to berries or non citrus fruits, or light flavor. Not creamy enough to be an actual cream, and not complex enough for bakeries. Similar to TFA Vanilla Swirl in flavor, without as much creaminess.

Vanilla Custard 10 week steep. Creamy and thick vanilla pudding. Tastes just like an old fashioned cooked vanilla pudding, not instant. Deep vanilla with a slight floral edge, this has a saturated and dense creaminess to it. It has the richness and mouth feel of a custard with the flavor of pudding, no overt egginess. Medium strength at this percentage, but for a single flavor I would probably go to 9%, as long as it doesn’t get perfumey. Maybe 2-4% in mixes.This is a unique custard unlike others I have tried. I like it a lot.

Would I buy again: Yes

Tobacco Vanilla Custard 10 week steep. This is a light bodied tobacco that is also very sweet. Tobacco is very authentic with hints of oak, toasted leaf, and a moderate ashiness. Light hints of a bright vanilla come in on the exhale. I’m not getting much creaminess or custard from this one. Very much what I imagine a Marlboro would taste like with a hint of vanilla and a whole lot of sweetness. It’s not bad, but I have had much better tobaccos, and I prefer a less ashy and more rich tobacco in my dessert tobaccos. Probably good strength for a single flavor, maybe 2-5% in mixes.

Creamy Coconut 10 week steep. Light strength coconut cream. Fairly authentic and sweet, it has a nice creamy body. Not dense or rich enough to be pudding, more similar to a coconut coffee creamer. It’s light at 7%, so I’m thinking maybe 3-6% in mixes. No suntan lotion here, it’s good. But it doesn’t measure up to the complexity or creaminess of FA or Purilum for me.

Orange Light 10 week steep. Yuck. Bitter, astringent, chemical orange peel. Very dry, no juiciness. Just NO. Strength seems good at this percentage, but after testing the next few flavors it tasted like a bitter orange juice. Maybe needs more testing at a lower percent to know for sure, but it’s not for me.

Vanilla Cheesecake 10 week steep. Tastes like a very dense vanilla custard. Thick and dense with a slight egginess in the back. I’m not finding any tanginess or graham crust. Moderately sweet and rich, good strength for a SF at 7%. Maybe 1.5-3% in mixes. Good custard lousy cheesecake.

Toasted Marshmallow 11 week steep. Mild but super sweet flavor. Light sticky marshmallow with a faint edge of toasted. I don’t think the toasted aspect or flavor really is strong enough to stand up in mixes as it’s so mild already at 7%.

Caramel 11 week steep. Sweet slightly darker caramel. Brown sugar base, not creamy like a sundae topping, more like the burnt sugar caramelized on top of a flan or brulee. Would be very good for using in that type of application or where you aren’t wanting creamy body with the caramel. Maybe 1.5-3%.

Would I buy again: No.

7 Likes

This is only a guess but there is a flavor concentrate company in Germany called Avoria but they do not sale or ship outside of Germany. They have a flavor called Waldmeister (woodruff) that I use. I have a friend buy it for me and ship to the US. I have a few Avoria flavors and the same Euroflavors seem to taste and smell 1:1 to Avoria counterpart. Possibly a re-brand for sales outside of Germany is what I am thinking.

2 Likes

Very interesting!!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope that we can find more people with access to Avoria!

It would be wonderful to be able to get more input to try and gain some kind of community consensus as to whether or not Avoria is indeed the point of origin for Euro Flavors.

It all starts with a first-hand one to one comparison like what you’ve done here!!

KUDOS, and welcome! (Seeing that this is the first I remember you posting, though it’s obviously not the case. lol)

2 Likes

Actually, there are a few German flavor concentrate companies that rarely make it out of Germany. The problem here however is they’re hard to get outside of Germany. I bought a Steampipes Corona V1 RTA from a guy in Germany who sent me some German flavors which how I began to learn of this. You develop a recipe you like but you created it based on a flavor you can hardly get your hands on lol. I don’t normally recommend commercial e-liquid but if you want to take your flavors DIY in some new directions I highly recommend a sample pack of Tom Klark’s line of liquids. I live in the US and these are flavor combination I would have never thought of and have absolutely nothing to compare them do.

2 Likes

Very interesting company, thanks for the info.

I’ve had no interest in commercial juices for 4 years now, but these recipes really intrigue me. I see they sell one-shots. Have you bought directly from them?

1 Like

I got them from a FB group buy but I think they ship stateside. I only get something commercial if it’s rare or I feel I can use it to take my mixing into a new direction. Normal bores me lol.

3 Likes

If you like Passion Fruit, check out Chemnovatic PF. It’s the only one I truly liked. Good stuff

3 Likes