FA Forest Fruit 15%?

I guess ya haven’t tried Unicorn Vomit yet… @Cutlass92 pimped me with that in a mix once… I felt violated…

The max I use Forest Fruit is, is about 5% as a single flavor… a few things I’ve used it as a mix is between 1.5% and 3%

7 Likes

Haha…I bought Unicorn Vomit a long time ago and never used it. I think it will stay that way!

Re: Forest Fruit…ever since I made a Betty tester that one time, which was a supremely bad decision, I have this mental association thing with the FF smell now. My brain is screaming at me to just step away. Quite similar to the time I drank too much ‘Te-kill-ya’!

6 Likes

I enjoyed violating you with the unicorn!

5 Likes

Thank you Chrispdx…yeah, it has been a while…had a bad year and a half and am slowly getting my wings back

3 Likes

Did you like experiment 626?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I used TFA sweetener instead

2 Likes

Try it like this:
Sully’s Sweet Berry Mash 2
3.00% Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)
2.50% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
1.50% Marshmallow (TPA)
1.50% Strawberry Shisha (Inawera)
1.00% Cream Fresh (FA)
0.50% Marzipan (FA)
0.50% Oba Oba (FA)

8 Likes

4% tfa sweetener is going to mute the whole flavor anyways, so we don’t have to worry about the 15% Forrest fruit.

There’s a reason to read the beginners guide and sft.

8 Likes

OK broke it out… 6% in my RDA is way too strong. But it’s awesome in POD’s at higher levels.

7 Likes

Added to my list. Thank you!

5 Likes

I made the Betty Clone by Pinup vapors. Even added some lemon sicily, thought there was a note about it, and I really liked it. Didn’t like having to rebuild coil and re-wick every other day. :laughing:

Played around with it, final version was forest fruit 10% sweetener 8% lemon sicily 4%. Still had the flavor and sweetness I liked. Still had to rebuild coil and re-wick every other day so dropped it from rotation.

2 Likes

TFA sweetener:
Propylene Glycol 42% and < 47%
Water 46% and < 56%
Sucralose < 5%
Maltol < 5%
I don’t really like this stuff. At 4% I expect it to be like 1% CAP SS
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=342300

2 Likes

Cap ss is a higher concentration of sucralose, some people believe it’s 20%. I am not sure about the exact number since its not listed, but it’s definitely more potent than let’s say purilum super sweet.

On top of that it contains preservatives (citric & malic acid) that In combination with your fruits gives the “makes them pop & sugar lips” effect.

tfa sweetener is not close, similar or even in that direction and not a substitute.

EM and sucralose together work like heaven and hell. Suc. sweetens the overall juice as well as destroying your coils and EM sweetens specific nuances of your flavors. It is more forgiving on your coils, but if used too high, which is the case here, it will flat out mute and muddle the juice, as well as leaving a chemical off note.

That water is not going to help you either, because that just washes out the flavor even more.

Every sweetener, just like every other additive has its place, as well as pro and cons. Tfa sweetener is not a bad sweetener and can be hella useful in certain recipes, if used correctly.

4% is imo not something I consider “correct” usage and you will see after a good med/long steep. The “great” benefits this sweetener can give won’t apply here. And at that high of a percentage your coils going to hate you :wink:

6 Likes

May I ask how old you are? I only ask because I have been collecting data for an non-scientific theory,eh, more like a loose speculation that I’m working on.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ve just a
Ordered some Erithritol, Xylitol, EM, to make a VG based sweetener that my friends/costumers like that won’t kill their coils.
Also ordered marshmallows, powdered sugar OOO, and cinnamon sugar CAP for regular 70/30 mixes

4 Likes

Take a look at Sugar Daddy sweetener. Their products are said to be coil friendly and taste is good.

4 Likes

lol, not a child that needs saving from the evils of vaping :smiling_imp:, lets just say I’m over a half century experienced :smiley:

4 Likes

LOL, no that’s not why. I have a theory that our younger generation tends to prefer much sweeter e-liquids than the more mature crowd does. Several of the “youts” I’ve talked with seem to gravitate in that direction.

Apologies and no disrespect intended. :blush:

3 Likes

Ok I let it steep for 9 days 70/30. On day 6 I split into 2 batches; <VG60/40PG 10mg PG salt nic>, and <VG75/25PG 5mg VG freebase nic>.

With aspire breeze 2, 12-15W, new coil. <VG60/40PG 10mg PG salt nic>.
Mike - “WOW, AMAZING! Tastes like Hubba Bubba (gum)”
Jeff - “Kinda tastes like fruit punch.”
Myself - “Very mild taste of multi grain cherreos with the honey coating.”

With 2 separate tank systems <VG75/25PG 5mg VG freebase nic>.
Mike - "OMG. My favorite. Make more of this. "
Jeff - “Now it tastes like Hubba Bubba (gum)”
Myself - “Something fruity, maybe a fruit punch/apple juice mix.”

The taste (to me) is very subdued probably due to the 4% TFA Sweetener which tends to mute more then sweeten in my limited experience, or the . 50% TFA Smooth might be playing a role. This seems like it could go higher and bring out a tangyness that’s just a hint of at 15%. IMO this could have been marketed as a one-shot but I’ll have to try again without TFA Sweetener & Smooth.
2nd & 3rd attempts are steeping now.

4 Likes

Sweet… Have it at 7% in a mini type pod right now and it’s all strawberry and pineapple, very nice.

I’m putting this in with 27 Bears (CAP SL) for sure.

4 Likes