Fall & Winter Recipes 2018! (WIP & Favorites)

I love adding in a surprise flavor that is unexpected, but yet gives a benefit of working into itself.
I first tried cantaloupe with pistachio, and while that was good, it was not until I popped the pralines with it Just as pralines with a few drops of cantaloupe, did I find out it really did help in a mix. Body feeling, but not so much a loupe taste. The same goes for my Winstin recipe, using lime.

Every recipe should have something important to help it pop, not just because it taste good, but because it will help the recipe to become better. :smile:

7 Likes

I can see how cantaloupe relate to pumpkin and it being used to lift the pumpkin note. The notes I’ve read on the flavors page for pumpkin bread isn’t very good.

I have all the flavors for your mix and I will give it a spin on my next mix session.

Thanks for the share @anon84779643

6 Likes

I hope you will enjoy it, @Pro_Vapes … and you are more than welcome!
You are right on the reviews… not sure if I have it on my site or??
but once I get time this winter, will be changing a few things on my site, just not enough time in a day.
but I am looking forward to fall… I think between it and spring, are my favorite times of the year…

5 Likes

This doesn’t contain any pumpkin because I can’t stand the stuff in a vape but I am trying to recreate a chocolate bar that I really like. The recipe is still private and I only made it 5 days ago so it will need some time to steep before I can really say anything about it.
It smells good though :yum:

Espresso Biscotti

0.10% Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA)
1.25% Australian Chocolate (Hangsen)
0.50% Biscuit (INAWERA)
1.50% Chocolate Cream (INAWERA)
0.75% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
0.75% Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA)

Flavor total: 4.85%

Chocolate is nice in the winter isn’t it?

15 Likes

chocolate is nice during any season …:+1:

7 Likes

If we could find a flavor that is not only labeled, but actually tastes like chocolate, then I would agree :wink:

Anyways thanks for sharing and please post updates, I’m very interested in trying but with the chocolate problems I rather wait till you give us the magic words aka, it’s a good solid chocolate! Lol

For once I would even have all the flavors, don’t need to sub…what a surprise :rofl:

4 Likes

This is my 1st Fall Recipe and it has turned out very nice, I filled my squonk bottle up tonight and very happy with it. Hope you have the flavors and try it out.

9 Likes

Which flavor is more forward? I only ask because there is a lot going with this mix on and I can’t quite figure exactly what it is.

3 Likes

Working on a carrot cake as well still wip,s

This one is turning out quite nice actually

6 Likes

After a bit of reading I decided to pair the Australian chocolate with the Chocolate cream.
Apparently they work well together.
I’m a bit confused about the Chocolate Cream though cause I saw in the flavour list that some people were calling it Chocolate Cream old style.

AFAIK only the Inawera Milk Chocolate was rebranded.
If it was or wasn’t rebranded is not important to me ATM because I have bought the stuff before all the rebranding went on.
I’m rather curious myself how this turns out. This is way out of my comfort zone, no tobacco :grin:

4 Likes

@Pro_Vapes just waking up, as my tastebuds, haven’t kicked in, But last night or about 5hrs. ago, I was using Haku Phenom 26ohm @ 36 watts on Rage Squonker, I was tasting Carrot Cake/CreamCheese Icing on inhale, than Pumkin Spice in the middle, than all 3 of them on the exhale, with a lingering taste of the custard and eggnog. A very smooth pleasant vape. I will be adding cantaloupe today per @anon84779643 notes, I can see that working in this making a better vape, but I am happy with this as is. The eggnog is in there and helping, but I really can’t put my finger on it, through out the vape. I can play with my wattage and see where that takes it. Also the recipe really has’nt come to a full steep yet, so things are going to change. maybe, maybe not.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’m speaking out of turn and I have no intention of criticizing your mix.

My main concern is about is some of the flavor %s. Considering the number of flavors in this mix, I can see some flavors being overrun. Some of your more subtle notes might not show up.

This is from my POV when mixing a with several flavors…

Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream (Purilum) although it’s in 1 bottle is not a single flavor. It takes at least 3-5 flavors to achieve that note…

3.25% Carrot Cake (VTA) same as above…

Then you have 3 creams, Yams, Custard and Eggnog.

When it’s all mixed there are nearly 15+ flavors in your mix, so it’s very easy to overrun a critical flavor note.

When mixing several flavors… try using the minimum %s… This will help keep your mix balanced… kinda like a equalizer… too much bass and you get distortion.

10 Likes

Thinks for the input, always looking forward for ideas and improvement, I am going to make 2 other batches that I have notes on, also going to make a keep it simple recipe to get the same results that I got now.

4 Likes

Mixing this one tonight. I wanted something with Clove, and thought a mulled spiced Orange might be interesting. Hoping the Black Currant will be close enough for a raisin.

4 Likes

I am in agreement here… and this is where your solo taste testing happens.

Find where you can taste it… find where you like to taste it and mark those 2 spots…
From there… it is easier to put together a recipe. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That is what I have been trying to say, so, there are many flavors that. for example Strawberries and Milk.
that is 1 flavor, but you get the milk and the strawberry is faint or just a whisper
so you have to add another strawberry to take up the slack the Strawberry and Milk did not have.
there are many flavors like that.
Only way to find out is to single flavor test each one.

7 Likes

Those combo flavors are akin to 1 shot mixes and in most cases are lacking something IMO… I try to avoid the combo flavors for the exact reason you stated… I’d rather add my favorite SB and milk separately. That way it’s at the ratios that best suit my taste.

8 Likes

and that isn’t a shake and vape taste test, either… you need to make enough of the “combo” flavors to last at least a month… test on the 1st day, 3rd, 5th, 7th, then 14, 21 etc… and keep notes for all… per flavor.

Very rare I have anything left over to vape after a month, but then I do not mix ultras with the rest. the rate of use (amount mixed) is just too much for me, and with my reactions to pg, I have to keep things toned down… I don’t miss any of the standards, but I can tell when they are in a mix!

btw I am allergic to coconut meat (not the milk, go figure) and latex. Go me.

3 Likes

I don’t have a good name for this one, but it’s a riff of Sparky’s “Butterscotch Bliss”, with some modifications. As usual, I use my wife as a bellweather for how these work out, because I tend to like more varieties and will accept more than she does. And, she is not a fan of ‘dark’ flavored juices for the most part. She reported that she really likes it, which is a huge surprise to me.

This is the first one I added MF Acacia Honey to. MF AH is probably the most potent concentrate I’ve encountered. A little, like a few tiny molecules :rofl:, goes a long way. Only a few drops really. Anyway, my wife reports that it is, and I quote, “Rich, deep, and robust”. So that puts it in the Fall category. She reported a coffee note and really liked the floral sweetness of the MF AH. The Stevia stone is the 7% dilution in PG most people seem to use. And it really isn’t as butterscotch forward as the recipe insinuates. It’s more of a melding of deep, rich flavors is the best I can describe it. “Robust” works. Anyway, here it is.

Torrent

4.00% Butterscotch (FW)
0.60% Butterscotch (MF)
0.55% Caramel (MF)
0.25% Dark Chocolate (MF)
1.50% Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)
0.05% Honey, Acacia (MF)
1.15% Salted Caramel (FW)
1.00% Stevia (stone)
0.80% Vanilla (MF)

Flavor total: 9.9%

10 Likes

Just for my preference… I test at 1 month… Any flavor that can’t hold up for a month is a failure IMO.

I like mixing my favorite recipes in big batches so I don’t spend half my life mixing.

My minimum test is 30 mls, but most times they are 60.

Again just me… I vape test everything on my daily rig… (no drippers). I’ve found drippers and tanks can offer 2 different profiles of the same mix/flavor.

I always vape a full tank of every taste test. Usually by then I can fully gauge what I have.

6 Likes