Flavor art % guidance needed

Hi,

Totally new to diy guy here. Got my first order mostly FA. Most of the flavors recommend 2-3%. Is this pretty accurate in the real world or does this vary for practical application. Just wondering what anyone here has found in their experience. Thanks.

Hoping “no question too dumb” has some mileage here,lol

6 Likes

For Flavour Art, it’s normal to do single flavour vape at 2 to 3% across the board except for their coffee, tiramisu, up, condensed milk, blackberry(?), red summer

7 Likes

Ok great. I got mostly fruits except for a yogurt and a cheesecake.
Looking through recipes I probably should have got a cream or iced cream or marshmallow to round things out. But for now I’m gonna stick to maybe 2 flavours till I learn a bit more.

Just back into vaping after 10yrs off(wanna ditch the cigs) and flavours have so many layers now. Used to be pretty 1 or 2 dimensional back then. Everything is so much better now including equipment etc

7 Likes

Welcome @canjam use the flavour list click on the flavour you want or search it for percentages used by others.the rest is down to testing and your taste

4 Likes

Perfect thanks. That’s exactly what I was looking for!:+1:

3 Likes

1-3% is normal for FA in high VG blends. What are you blending? - It may help us to spot any use that is too high or low.

2 Likes

Yeah 70 30 or 80 20 VG high. Just made my flavour stash public. Pretty limited. I purchased based on a few favourite store brands I want to sort of clone. Matata is good so I bought grape candy, strawberry and sucralose.
I like strawberry banana smoothie so I got strawberry, banana and yogurt. Should have grabbed another cream or marshmallow etc to round it out but hindsight,lol.
I like blackcurrant so I thought I’d mix with apple or grape candy, maybe banana.
Basically all Ive made so far a very simple strawberry cheesecake with 2 types of Strawberry and fa cheesecake and small amount of sweetener.
I’m finding out recently that I’m strawberry blind so that sucks. Gonna order strawberry shisha inawera or alpine strawberry next time from other people’s experiences I’ve read.

Anyway just looking to start out with maybe 2 flavours combos. Keep it simple till I get some experience and better flavour library

1 Like

This is a very sensible start. May I suggest making variants with tiny changes in percentages: It will really help building up a knowledge of how flavours interact.

5 Likes

Will do. So I guess start low and go up in% if necessary? Also I guess you mean interactions as well in that a certain flavour may work well a different% depending on what it is mixed with I’m guessing. And there is that learning curve,lol

1 Like

I took a looksee at your stash and you’re off to a good start. You might want to read the Flavor Stash Guide I linked for you. ELR has ‘flavor naming conventions’ which we would like users on the recipe side to follow. It will show you how to minimize duplicate names, incorrect names etc which, in turn lessens any potential confusion for new users. I noticed you have 3 or 4 flavors listed incorrectly so when you have a chance please take a look at it. Welcome to the forums!
forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/the-elr-users-guide-to-creating-your-flavor-stash/188210

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Canjam
I follow two mixers that make good use of FA.
In case you’re interested, it’s Shaner and Chapel. If you put the name in the search box they appear immediately. Enjoy the blending journey…

5 Likes

Good tip. I’ll make those adjustments. Thanks

1 Like

Cool. I just chose FA because they had the least entries on the flavour watch list on this site. Flavour West had the most offenders.
I’ll definitely check those two mixers out. Thanks!

1 Like

TorturedZen

“You might want to read the Flavor Stash Guide I linked for you. ELR has ‘flavor naming conventions’ which we would like users on the recipe side to follow. It will show you how to minimize duplicate names, incorrect names etc which, in turn lessens any potential confusion for new users. I noticed you have 3 or 4 flavors listed incorrectly so when you have a chance please take a look at it. Welcome to the forums!
forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/the-elr-users-guide-to-creating-your-flavor-stash/188210

Well I checked and you were very nice. I had just about all my flavours entered incorrectly,lmao.

All updated. Thanks

3 Likes

Welcome and happy you joined.

2 Likes