Flavor concentrate shelf life

Thanks for this info!!

2 Likes

Welcome to ELR @AquaMayne. If you shake it up, and it still doesnā€™t smell like strawberry, it may be time to replace it. Iā€™ve got some much older TPA Strawberry Ripe, and it still smells like it should, so maybe youā€™ve got a failed batch.

2 Likes

I have and use concentrates that are years old not months and Iā€™ve yet to throw one away.
In fact I recently tried Lorann Butter Rum which has to be eight years old and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Iā€™d imagine different concentrates will age differently but personally if I enjoy it Iā€™d vape it.

3 Likes

Or ditch it.

I am not a fan of strawberry blends (I actually have no strawberry concentrates in my current 190ish concentrate rotation) but there are so many others to choose from which are regarded as being much better than the basic Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA). If you search in the forums, then youā€™ll see all discuss about Sweet Strawberry, Alpine Strawberry etc and how to balance them out.

Oh, and welcome to the mad house!

1 Like

I can honestly say i have some that are best before 09/21 and some for 2022 and 2023 and some new ones that have a best before 2024. So it really is based off the manufactures recommendations on the bottle. I forgot i had a inawera chocolate that was best before 10/19 and i used 4 of the 8 10ml bottles at the end of last year before i ditched them last week. They were still good when i used them but now they where just off. So it showed me they can still be good long after the date. I keep all mine in a box in a closet under the stairs all the time. The fact its always cool and in darkness they will last awhile beyond best dates. I could be wrong but i havenā€™t seen flavor loss since i started putting them there beginning of last year. And i have a few that expired last year that are still the same as when i bought them. Before i kept them in a cabinet in the kitchen and they didnā€™t last as long past the dates. So im pretty sure its really how you store them. Less light and keeping them cool is the key.

3 Likes

So in englishā€¦what.caps should.we be.buying? I just.got 50 10ml glass bottles for storage and now im all stressed

3 Likes

@ladycrooks donā€™t be stressed, they are very common caps. Just get something that looks like this ā€¦

2 Likes