Flavor History and the Database (notes for users on how to select the proper listing) ;)

You’re preaching to choir my good sir. Over the years many of us have gone back and forth, proposing ideas and possible solutions that would fix this huge flavor name cluster-fuck.

Sadly the one person who has the power to turn this all around and make ELR’s recipe side into a slick, tightly run ship is Lars…Mr. ELR himself. But for reasons known only to him (and possibly a few of the developers) he just will not follow through. He offers no explanation and nothing concrete for a plan.

However for the last couple of years he has claimed revamping the DB is on his ‘to-do’ list and will be addressed when he has the time. His focus, if it can be called that, is more for the forums here and the ELR FB page. In terms of the recipe side I sometimes wonder if he even gives a rats ass.

6 Likes

Is there any way to contact Sir Lars? I wonder if we couldn’t open source the project to the forum. Well members he approves or something. I feel like with the correct export function we could figure something out. I dk id probably be in over my head lmao but as a community we could probably do it.

4 Likes

3. Just gotta say that just 2 months shy of 5 years ago I was told by the man himself “soon(ish)”

Back on May 15 I typed these words to a user about inputting correct entries
“Ya know, by correcting any mistakes you’ve made, it helps you with what you can make. It helps others if they might want to mix your recipe, and it helps the one poor guy trying to fix it all behind the scene.”

7 Likes

Under your username you’ll see Duplicate checker, where others can help with the cleanup. I gave up and stopped years ago, but willing to resume once those unhinged barn doors are welded shut. Every single numeric entry and name was work done to help clean up.

7 Likes

You can send him feedback or you can tag him by his screen name in the forums. Either way is no guarantee for a response.

5 Likes

I know I finally figured it out…I never thought something that small would fuck shit up that much. my apologies. I feel like a dink.

5 Likes

I’m right with you n thought my recipies were set to private until I started getting Emails…Oh this is wrong! Really? It wasn’t on the list so I typed exactly what the concentrate said…nah still wrong then I started getting angry about the emails yet I don’t wanna mess up data base either.I don’t even use half the functions at Elr accept flav stash n the calculator cause I’m not one to copy recipes or buy concentrates based off someone’s recipe so I just want to at least get the damn name right.Sometimes I found instead of like writing Tfa for example first Id type in the flavor n find it that way…who knows why but its frustrating when u just wanna make some juice lol but I get it and I certainly don’t wanna be part of the problem.I remember your name several times on here and at Elf you might have even emailed me idk its confusing with the influx of mixers :smiley:

3 Likes

Me too I thought the same thing…why’s he giving me a hard time :rage::smiley:

3 Likes