Flavor Pairing

Okay. Here is the recipe.
Between blueberry, apple, pear…
What would i swap for lemon?
Or, what would it taste like with that touch of lemon?
To be honest. All i know of lemon is the notes provided. I havent tried single flavor, but i never have. Naughty naughty.
Oh, and i gave this one extended steep time with less banana and no lemon. So i adjusted it recently.

2 Likes

In my head I can actually see the lemon working to lift the banana. I’d prob try some with .25 lemon first to see how it sits. And maybe try one with a small amount of blueberry. Be interested to see how you get on! Maybe try a small batch (like 10ml) of each - that’s what I do when I’m not sure of something.

I do love an experiment :grin:

ETA - it does look a yummy recipe :yum:

2 Likes

@Laura5 I’m sure you’ll get lotsa help on this one, but I think another banana might help. I’m a big fan of Banana Cream (LA) …sorry hate to make you go shopping :wink: The Notes on all the banana flavors have some good tips on how each succeeds/fails in delivering a true banana flavor …looks like you’ve been reading 'em (Runts comment). This is definitely a time for the right “pairing” …so I say look for a banana+banana (fo fanna) :monkey:

2 Likes

Thanks. I may need to. I havent branched out and bought any other vendors flavors. I can see it might help.
@Lolly excellent idea. I need to buy 10ml bottles.
Thanks to both of you!:facepunch:

3 Likes

Could someone direct me to a website that sells these flavors:
Rose
Violet
Macadamia

1 Like

Welcome aboard! You can officially say hello here : Be polite and introduce yourself!
It would help if you shared where you are from and then someone could recommend good vendors.

4 Likes

This will help me so much, Thank you!!!:nerd_face:

4 Likes

while we are saying that some thing tastes first-rate, what we’re speaking approximately has extra to do with odor than with taste. it’s far expected that 20% of a tasting enjoy comes from taste, this is from the tongue, while 80% comes from the odor or the aroma. Our tongue has about 9000 taste buds that are able to detecting candy, salt, sour and bitter (in order of increasing sensitivity). In assessment, we’ve around five-10 million cells or receptors able to detecting scent. There are approximately a thousand exceptional odor receptors and that they permit us to differentiate more than 10.000 one-of-a-kind smells! that is possible because a selected risky molecule can cause more than one receptor. it’s far the mixed reaction from these receptors that we understand as a certain smell. The Nobel Prize in remedy for 2004 was presented to Linda dollar and Richard Axel for their “discoveries of odorant receptors and the employer of the olfactory machine”.

based on the fact that aroma of meals is so crucial for the manner we understand them, a hypothesis can be recommend: if the principal risky molecules of to ingredients are the equal, they could taste (and smell) pleasant while eaten together. The idea was first appreciated via Firmenich scientist Franí§ois Benzi. At one the primary international workshops on molecular gastronomy in Erice, he were given the idea that jasmin and red meat liver which both incorporate indole could probable work properly collectively. and that they did!

3 Likes

Welcome @Ceferinooo and @rabest78
Fresh faces, fresh ideas! Yay!!!
@rabest78 flavorah has a macaroon flavor that is delicious and strong. It’s not what you asked for, but I hope it helps🤔

3 Likes

Glad to see this older thread pop back up. Since the OP backa couple years we have seen many more (tasty!) Single Flavor “pairings” …Strawberry Biscuit (Nicotine River) is a great example. hmm that Macaroon (FLV) sounds tasty.

5 Likes

Yeah that strawberry biscuit mixed with my custard stone. Now that is a a great combo!

5 Likes

I popped the ol’ Strawberry Biscuit (Nicotine River) with 1.50% (Red Touch) Strawberry (FA) …that’s a nice pairing

4 Likes

Madd Monsoon and a good bourbon is a definitely a good flavor pairing. Also Macallan 12 and steak/mushrooms is a very close second!

8 Likes

The Ultimate Fruit Flavor Pairing Chart

Fruit Herbs and Spices Nuts Spirits Miscellaneous
Apple Apricot, cherry, cranberry, currant, lychee, mango, orange, pumpkin Allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, rosemary, star anise Almond, chestnut, pecan, walnut Brandy, kirsch, Madeira, rum, vermouth Caramel
Apricot Apple, coconut, lemon, orange, peach, pineapple, plum, strawberry Cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, Almond, hazelnut Amaretto, brandy, kirsch, orange liqueur Caramel, vanilla
Banana Blueberry, cherry, coconut, lemon, lime, mango, orange, papaya, pineapple Cinnamon, ginger Hazelnut, walnuts Brandy, calvados, Madeira, rum Caramel, chocolate, coffee, molasses
Blackberry Apple, apricot, blueberry, lemon, mango, peach, plum, orange, raspberry, strawberry Cinnamon, clove, ginger, mint Almond, hazelnut Brandy, champagne, orange liqueur Vanilla
Blueberry Fig, lemon, mango, peach, watermelon Cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, lavender, mint, nutmeg Hazelnut Orange liqueur Honey, vanilla
Cherry Apricot, lemon, nectarine, peach, plum Cinnamon, sage, thyme Almond Amaretto, bourbon, brandy, Grand Marnier, kirsch, rum, vodka Caramel, chocolate, vanilla
Coconut Banana, guava, lime, lychee, mango, passion fruit, pineapple Basil, cilantro, Kaffir leaf, lemongrass, mint Almond, brazil nut Rum Caramel, chocolate, honey, vanilla
Grape Apple, lemon, pear, raspberry, strawberry Ginger, mint, rosemary Almond, hazelnut, pecan, walnut Brandy, rum
Grapefruit Banana, coconut, lemon, lime, melon, papaya, pineapple, pomegranate, raspberry, strawberry Basil, ginger, mint, rosemary, thyme Campari, gin, Grand Marnier, rum, tequila, vodka Caramel, vanilla
Lemon Cherry, coconut, nectarine, peach, plum Basil, cardamom, ginger, mint, rosemary, thyme Almond, hazelnut Rum, vodka, orange liqueur Vanilla
Lime Apple, papaya, plum, strawberry Ginger
Mango Apple, banana, coconut, melon Cilantro Caramel, vanilla
Melon Blackberry, strawberry Cilantro, ginger, lemongrass, mint Champagne, Cointreau, curaçao, port, sake, tequila Vanilla
Orange Banana, cherry, cranberry, grape, grapefruit, lemon, persimmon, pineapple, pomegranate Basil, cilantro, clove, ginger, mint, nutmeg, rosemary Almond, hazelnut, walnut Amaretto, brandy, tequila, vodka Chocolate, coffee, vanilla
Peach Apricot, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, cherry, lemon, plum Basil, cinnamon, cloves, ginger Almond, hazelnut, pecan Bourbon, brandy, Cassis, champagne, Grand Marnier, Kirsch, rum Brown sugar, caramel, honey, vanilla
Pear Apple, raspberry Cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, rosemary Almond, chestnut, hazelnut, pecan, walnut Brandy, port, crème de cassis, Grand Marnier, kirsch, rum, whiskey Caramel, chocolate, vanilla
Pineapple Banana, coconut, lime, mango, orange, raspberry, strawberry Basil, cilantro, cinnamon, ginger, rosemary Macadamia Brandy, orange liqueur, rum
Pomegranate Apple Cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, mint Port, tequila, vodka
Raspberry Apricot, nectarine, peach, plum, rhubarb Cinnamon, ginger, mint, thyme Almond, hazelnut Brandy, champagne, orange liqueur, rum, tequila Chocolate, vanilla
Rhubarb Apple, apricot, nectarine, peach, plum, strawberry Ginger
Strawberry Apple, banana, melon, peach, pineapple, rhubarb Coriander, mint Almond, walnut Brandy, champagne, elderflower liqueur, rum, sake Chocolate, honey, vanilla
12 Likes

As a lover of the traditional margarita I have to point out that lime pairs quite well with most liquors. :wink:

8 Likes

I have been looking for the flavor bible, but couldn’t find the pdf anywhere. Can someone please help me to find it.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I know this link has been posted somewhere before, but I’ve been using this for a couple of years now.

http://www.ingredientpairings.com/

You can just keep clicking on flavours…

8 Likes

Pretty cool!
I just tried pineapple and it had some pairings in there I did not expect. It also had some really strange ones like ice lol. Really? But the strangest one was pineapple juice. Kinda like saying chicken goes well with chicken broth. Well derr :rofl:

But yeah, I will be using that. Thanks for the link.

6 Likes

I got the recommendation for nonstick cooking spray…not really sure if I prefer that over garlic when I mix my ** Passionfruit bloodorange guava** liquid.
:rofl:

5 Likes