Flavor Pairing

Strawberry and Banana sure do go well together … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That sounds very good. I recently bought Tuscan and haven’t used it yet. Is this recipes shared and if so can provide a link…? I’d like to try it.

1 Like

I think it is shared. Will check

2 Likes

It is public, here is a link. It was very good the next day but after a week the Apple INW is really coming through. This can be a good adv.

2 Likes

Thanks @David28470, I’ll be making this this morning.

3 Likes

You are welcome, hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

How did the Tuscan Apple Jack turn out?

1 Like

Thanks for collating all this, such usefull info

Thanks to everyone else too what a great list

4 Likes

I referenced my Bible and I thought I would pull a page out in example of how helpful and inspiring it is

POMEGRANATES

Season: autumn
Taste: sour, sweet
Function: cooling
Weight: light-medium
Volume: moderate
Techniques: raw, ice/sorbet

allspice
almonds
arugala
avocados
bananas
beets
cardamom
chicken
chile peppers
choco, white
cinnamon
cloves
coconut
coriander
couscous
cream
cucumbers
cumin
curry
desserts
fish
garlic
ginger esp. fresh
grapefruit
hazelnuts
honey
hummus
kumquat
lamb
legumes
lemon, juice
lime, juice
meats, roasted
middle eastern cuisine
nutmeg
olive oil
onions
orange, juice
parsley
pine nuts
pomegranate molasses (key ingredient)
pork
poultry
salads,esp. cucumber, fruit, green
sesame seeds
sorbets
stewed dishes
sugar
tequila
turmeric
vinegar: balsamic, red wine
walnuts
wine: port, red, white

Flavor Affinities

pomegranates+almonds+cinnamon+cloves+garlic+ginger+honey
pomegranates +chicken+coconut+curry+onions
pomegranates +lemon+sugar

Obviously not all applies to making ejuice and pomegranate isn’t the best example but it gets the juices flowing (pun intended)

If anyone wants a specific flavor paired I would be more than happy to snap a picture!

For example

PEACHES (excuse poor quality, I was in a rush)

Not every flavor is in the same format and there is different information/tips with each flavor.

Pairing is essential when it comes to trying to create a new mix

4 Likes

I got this book as a pdf on my e-reader. I haven’t looked at it yet but I see that I should.
Thanks for the reminder :grinning:

3 Likes

I love it when I can’t think of anything!! It doesn’t have every flavor in it unfortunately but most definitely enough to get ya movin! The newer editions may may have been updated though, since mine is one of the first. It has all the basics for sure and a few exotic fruits. The one I have doesn’t have Acai or to my surprise dragon fruit but I’m fine with that, it has %80 of the flavors I have and the other 20% are things like Unicorn Vomit, Summer Clouds, liquid Amber…

I grabbed it last week for the first time in months because I hit a wall in my brain and couldn’t even think of one thing to make…

I didn’t even get to my 4th flavor and I already had written up over 50 new things! I really don’t know why I don’t use it more often, it was a breeze and actually a lot of fun going through it and pulling out ideas after ideas :smile:

I have had this book for years and years but it has been sitting on my shelf, buried in a mad amount of recipe books…totally forgotten about. I ended up downloading a pdf vr of it pretty much by accident when I started making juices and I thought I was just downloading a fruit pairing chart. It wasn’t until skimming over it for the day I realized it looked familiar :smile:

I will say and I don’t know anything about an e-reader but I much prefer the book over my computer on this one, which isn’t normally the case with me on things like this. Outside of the fact it is obviously portable, it is much easier to read and get to where you need to be.

4 Likes

An e-reader is like an electronic book, about the same shape, only thinner. I can take it anywhere I want and at the moment I have about 1500 books on it. It doesn’t weigh as much as 1500 books though :grinning:

4 Likes

They just need to have “book smell” in a spray bottle (screen cleaner) so as to make it a bit more real for me and then I’d get an e-reader! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

That’s what I said about mods and tanks. Look at these cumbersome things, they don’t even remotely resemble a RYO, I don’t want that! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I had a couple of mini bongs that looked like our setups! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That’s the only reason I made the jump, because at least they looked like a bong and smoke like a bong :grinning:

2 Likes

My wife has a few kindle-nook-ish things and I have never really got into them myself. No disrespect to you at all, I think they are brilliant pieces of tech and extremely convenient, just not something I prefer for that type of media

You may be on to something there or design a case/screen protector for the kindles and nooks of the world to be book scented :copyright:

3 Likes

I’ve paired some homemade coffee blends with caramel and dulce and id have to say yes to the dulce but haven’t tried any coffee flavors aside my own extraction so don’t quote me haha

3 Likes

Sorry if it was mentioned, but what is the title of this book/bible of yours???

1 Like

The flavor bible…

3 Likes