Flavor West (and Mt Baker Vapor) Reviews

TFA has a realllyyy good butter cream!

3 Likes

Thank you, i somehow completely missed it while shopping last time. On the list it goes!

1 Like

Dang it! I just put in an order last night! Oh well…another list to begin!

2 Likes

I use MBV Cookies and cream. I put 1/2ml C&C and 1/4ml Hazelnut also from MBV and let it steep for 48 hours. Not a bad vape. It has a smooth flavor with just a hint of Hazelnut. I mix it with 50/50pg/vg at 9mg and I like it.

So…here’s what I bought from Flavor West…someone (ringling) lol, look over what I have and tell me what I’m missing?
What flavors am I missing or should I pick up? I’ve tried to find correct percentage tables for mixing, but only came across this %'s and it’s not too complete. I know I’m missing some important flavors for mixing and need some help. Flavor West doesn’t provide much info (if any) about their flavors on their site. Any suggestions?

Apple (Green) 8oz.
Banana Nut Bread 8oz.
Carmel Candy 8oz.
Cinnamon Red Hot 8oz.
Extreme Ice 8oz.
Honeywood Tobacco 8oz.
Vanilla bean Ice Cream 8oz.
Watermelon 8oz.
Yumberry 8oz.
Menthol 8oz.
Blueberry 8oz.
Butterscotch 8oz.
Coconut 8oz.
Sweetener 8oz. - I’m sure I could make my own from crystals and would be cheaper.
Tangerine 8oz.
Strawberry 16oz.
Bavarian Cream 16oz.
Cheesecake 16oz.
Cinnamon Roll 8oz.
Cotton Candy 8oz.
Sweet Cream 16oz.
Vanilla Custard 16oz.
Milk 8oz.
Ecto Cooler 16oz.
Dutch Apple Pie 8oz.
Graham Cracker 8oz.
Honeydew 8oz.
Pineapple Peach 16oz.
Raspberry 8oz.
Maraschino Cherry 8oz.
Peach Tobacco 8oz.
Unicorn Vomit 8oz.
Sugar Cookie 8oz.
Root Beer Float 8oz.
Peanut Butter 8oz.
Lemonade 8oz.
Kool Effects (Koolada) 8oz.
Kettle Corn 16oz.
Cake (Yellow) 8oz.
Banana Split 8oz.
Cola 8oz.
Creme De Menthe 4oz.
Dr. Soda Type 4oz.
Capt. Crunch Berries 4oz.
Dragon Fruit 4oz.
Flavor Toner/Enhancer 4oz. - Not sure what this is compared to i.e; Smooth
Gummi Bear 4 oz.
Whipped Cream 8oz.
Waffle 8oz.
Toasted Marshmallow 8oz.
Sour 16oz.
Cream Soda 16oz.
Shirley Temple 16oz.
Tall Maroon Soda 16oz.
Cherry (Natural) 8oz.
Mango (Natural) 8oz.
Dbl Dutch Chocolate 8oz.
Green Goblin Energy 16oz.
Kahlua & Cream 8oz.

So…what am I missing that I definitely need to get?
I make my own tobacco flavor out of cigars (since it’s so expensive)
What should I substitute with another vendor?
I know it’s a lot…just wanted to have what I needed when the time came…RUN IT!

1 Like

So, how’s your experience with doing NET? I’ve been wanting to give it a go, but just haven’t taken the plunge. 2 to 6 week maceration? cold/hot? I’d be interested to hear your process.

I haven’t started a website yet,…or are you talking about .NET programming?

1 Like

I was referring to naturally extracted tobaccos or N.E.T.; making your own tobacco flavors out of cigars.

I got it now…I make my own 60ml bottles for about $10

2 Likes

Dulce de Leche, Hazelnut, French Vanilla, and Butter Pecan

Otherwise, you have an enormous list! lol

1 Like

You need Marshmallow (UNTOASTED) for sweetening. Do not use Cotton Candy for sweetening since it fades flavors over time. Hazelnut as Alisa says and I recommend FWs natural Blackberry…

2 Likes

Thanks guys n girls!! I’ll put that on my next purchase list…I did get marshmellow already…I should use that for sweetener?

2 Likes

I my opinion, and many others, yes!

3 Likes

I made the mistake of buying MB concentrates only to see the exact flavors (sometimes the exact picture haha) on FWs site. I was like "cool I can make 100 ml for the same price as a 15ml juice on my baker. Now I’m like "shit I could have made 400 ml for the same price if I go directly through fw :confused:

3 Likes

For a while I thought MBV was using FW as well but after speaking to them at great lengths they convinced me they do not repackage and sell FW as their own. So I proceeded to speak to him about how it was possible to make their own flavoring given that is a huge operation and I didn’t think they had a facility set up for that sort of thing for which he replied;

“Unfortunately I cannot give out any information regarding our flavorings or where we purchase them from as it is proprietary information.”

So its obvious they do purchase them from somewhere, although I’m not totally convinced they use 100% straight FW flavorings and I actually have multiple exact same flavorings from both FW and MBV and I do taste a slight difference…maybe they dillute FW with another flavoring? Or its something entirely different? I fear we will never know for certain but the two are definitely comparable as far as %s go…

3 Likes

I have heard the
Same a couple times as well. I still think they do something to it. FW is better than MBV , it taste better to me anyhow.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, which is a shame because their shipping is so damn fast! I get my orders within 72 hours with MBV unlike other companies like wizard labs that take about a week
I have also noticed that MBV’s has that candy/capella taste to some of theirs which I can’t stand:-(
I just got some of their sweet cream because I was out and I had some other things to get from them anyways and boy was it strong! Even at 2% it completely took over my mix with a stomach turning creamish flavor…live and learn though that’s what its about

2 Likes

I could swear it’s something with those bottles too. I’m not saying it helps I think in the long run it hurts and they turn nasty or something. Sorry bout your batch.

2 Likes

Thankfully I havent run into that problem yet but then again what I have isn’t that old.
And yeah I wasnt to happy about that batch because like an idiot I made a couple 30ml bottle of a few of my advs thinking it would be fine…its only 2% right…wrong! The second I opened the bottle and got smacked with that rancid cream smell my heart sunk haha It was like I put over 15%!

1 Like

Oh no ! Ugh maybe it’ll chill out with the cap off for a few hours. ? Or did you dump it already ?

2 Likes