6 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes

Hey anon ā€¦
Looks like itā€™s marked Private ā€¦
any advice ā€¦ ? :wink:

1 Like

I need some help on the Watermelon. I have Watermelon from FA and also from TFA. I just ordered INW watermelon. Iā€™ve read that sometimes itā€™s hard to get Watermelon to come out right and not have an odd chemical taste. Iā€™m looking for a realistic good naturally sweet watermelon flavor. Like a middle of summer awsome sweet juicy watermelon would be. Has anyone played with this type of recipe before? I have bunch of different flavors to add accents. Iā€™m just looking for more of a real watermelon taste that is still sweet without going full blown watermelon hard candy if that makes any sense. Also looking for a really good orange creamsicle recipe. I would have to agree with everyone here FA makes some fine flavor. Forrest fruit is the best berry flavor iā€™ve ever tasted! Thanks guys! Iā€™ve been playing with a peppermint fire with a hint of cream recipe for awhile. iā€™ve just about got it down. Iā€™ll post it when i get home and pull it out of my folder :slight_smile: I use a 70%VG/30%PG blended base and 100MG per ML 100% VG nicotine (both free base and nic salt) that i dilute down to 3MG per ML for all my juice. Also other than the faster absorption does nic salt and free base nic dose the same? like if i use my normal recipes that run 3MG per ML does it matter which nicotine i use beyond taste, throat hit, and the absorption rate? not sure if the dosing is equivalent. Thanks in advance. i know this post is a little all over the place. iā€™m just getting started and i love making my own juice. i love knowing whatā€™s in it and getting it dialed into exactly the flavor i want at about 25% the price of what i would pay for over the counter juiceā€¦

5 Likes

It is said that molinberry big watermelon is the best natural watermelon there is. If you could get it, of course.
Usage at 5-8%

2 Likes

Most veteran mixers here would tell you not to be fixated with the percentages, and I tend to trust them.
For instance, I recently got chocolate deutsch from flavorah, and using it at 0.5% is a full flavoured chocolate coconut cake vape for me.
There are flavours that I used higher like ry4 double from tfa/tpa, used it in a recipe at 15%.

So, IME, which is still very limited, knowing your flavour is important. If youā€™re still new and just want to have fun mixing, you could peek at other mixers usage of a flavour in the recipe side, user > flavor list.

3 Likes

Once you get the hang of it, I suggest to start doing single flavour test, to know the flavours on your own, and not just based on someone elseā€™s notes.

3 Likes

Thank you I did find MB Watermelon. I had to order it in 10ML bottles but very cool and thank you.

I know this may sound weird. But I season a lot by smell in my cooking. Iā€™ve found that to be a good guide on the flavors. Also heard mixing a drop with a spoon of coolwhip can be a good way to test just to get an idea. Not sure if there are other ideas. I hate to waste a coil just to taste one flavor but Iā€™ve done it before in a single flavor mix like you said. :wink:

Yeah there is an apricot flavor I tried to add as an accent at 1% and it totally over ran my other 7.5% of flavors. Still letting it mellow to see if it smoothes out but dang.

Thank you for the advise I will for sure look into all that. Itā€™s funā€¦

3 Likes

It may be time to invest in a cheap RDA for flavour testing - it will be much more economical than using stock coils

4 Likes

Another trick is use tc to taste test on a tank. Vape dry and then vape about about a 1/2ml of vg, vape dry then onto the next flavor.

8 Likes

I skip the cleaning part. Works well with light of flavours recipes and tells you which one arenā€™t. I actually pay a lot of attention to the end of the tank, it kind of behaves as if you were diluting your recipe. I want it to taste bland by the end.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a recipe steeping without the Nonnaā€™s cake to see if it plays well without it too.

5 Likes

Watermelon is the only fruit flavor I donā€™t own by FlavourArtā€¦ sorry

3 Likes

6 Likes

Did someone say chocolate coconut cake? I just bought 15 flavors last night, 9 of them Flavorah and I didnā€™t see that one. Probably cause I wasnā€™t looking for it. How comes I did not know this? I realize this is a FA recipe thread but can you tell me more? Are you saying this flavor stands on itā€™s own as a choco coco cake?

2 Likes

I know you posted this 25 days ago and I havenā€™t backread the whole thread but Wayne has one of his Dead Simple recipes here for an orange creamsicle. It has 2 FA and 1 CAP.

5 Likes

Another you might like to try.
This is Shaners recipe, I have used this for about a year now :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

both of those sicle recipes are greatā€¦ not sure which I like more lol

3 Likes