Flavours with a subjective unwanted side flavour

After recently finding out that TPA Strawberry (ripe) tastes like sick to me and it was probably that flavour that made me stop trying to DIY certain e-liquids, I think it would be a good idea to have a list of flavours that have a weird side taste for some people.

Ill kick this off with 2 I know…

(TPA/TFA) Strawberry (ripe) - Sick (only way to describe it, sorry)
(TPA/TFA) Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream - Peppery in higher quantities

COMMUNITY:

(CAP) Sweet Strawberry - Weird stale / damp exhale sometimes - Lolly
(FW / TFA) Kiwi - Really earthy side flavor - Fenrir1
Almost every single chocolate flavor - Has a band-aids undertone - JoJo
A lot of coconuts - Sunscreen - JoJo
(Flavorah) Pralines - Musty Mushrooms - JoJo
(CAP) Glazed Doughnut - Play-Doh - JoJo
**(TPA/TFA) Black Tea - Pledge dumped in potting soil - JoJo
Many coffee flavors - Burning tires - JoJo
(Inawera) Gold for Pipe and Flavorah Raspberry as singles - Wet dog - JoJo
(EuroFlavors) Kiwi - Nail polish remover - JoJo
(Inawera) Plum - Carrots boiled in dirty dishwater - JoJo
(LB) Greek Yogurt - Chalk - JoJo
(TPA/TFA) Guava - Used kitty litter box - Boogenshizzle
(TPA/TFA) Cheesecake - Fromunda foot odor - steep to cardboard taste - Boogenshizzle
(NN) Chai Tornado - Century Egg with a draino finish - Woftam
(FW) Maraschino Cherry - The worst flavor I have. Casu Marzu would taste awesome compared with this foul concoction which I believe is made from a mixture of bat droppings and scrapings from the anus of a blob fish. - Woftam
(CAP) New York Cheesecake - I call it New York Feetcake. Need I say more? - DrChud
Honeydew - I’ve tried a variety of samples… still tastes like a rotten fruit. Nausea - CatnipCreek
(TPA) Plum - Bitter to me - Buhh
(FA) Cotton candy - Bitter - Buhh
(Purelium) Ocean Myst - Bitter - Buhh
(Flavorah) Lemongrass - If you decided to eat furniture polish the taste would be spot on - Buhh
(CAP) Vanilla Custard v1 - Strong plastic/rubber taste over 5% so fine for me as a background note but most custards using this are a no go - Ldotvapes
(TFA) Grape Candy - Even as low as 4% very floral almost like parma violet taste, no amount of breathing or steeping improves this - Ldotvapes
(TFA) Rice Crunchies - Very unpleasant unidentifiable chemical flavour at any percentage, can pick this out in any mix that uses this - Ldotvapes
(FW) Buttered Popcorn - Like taking a bite out of a bar of soap - Pugs1970
(TFA) Pie Crust - It smells and tastes like really strong celery - coneconington
(TFA) Bavarian Cream - Tastes like burnt plastic if I use it over 1 % and even at 1% it tastes like inflatable kids pool plastic - coneconington
Custard/vanilla profiles - Occasionally taste like sage, or tangy toms (the British tomato flavoured crisp/chip). This one’s a strange one and I’m not 100% on what causes it. A good example is the Mothers unicorn milk clone/remix. - coneconington
(FA) Blackberry - Heavy floral notes, a bit soapy and difficult to work with due to its strength. 2 drops overpowered a 30ml bottle. - Suomynona
(TFA) Honey - Cat-urine smell - nicomanteno
Any V2 flavor that has B.A. - foot cheese. - nicomanteno
(TFA) Guava - Totally musty moldy fruit like substance even at low percentages. - nicomanteno
ALL (TFA) and most other cherries - Taste like heavy medicine even at diluted portions. - nicomanteno
(TFA/TPA) Gummy Candy - Childrens chalk medicine. - AuraBorealis

17 Likes

CAP Sweet Strawberry has a weird stale/damp exhale for me sometimes.

P.s. Neo can you tell me how to make text normal bold as I’ve only learnt heading bold :laughing:

3 Likes

Kiwi FW and Kiwi TFA gives me the shivers due to a really earthy side flavor.
Have tried my best to like Kiwi without luck so i guess i have yet to find a Kiwi that i like :wink:

2 Likes

Hope this is what you wanted and that i read your request properly :smile:

4 Likes

Haha! I’m such a dope at times…don’t know how I missed something so obvious!

And thanks petal :+1::blush:

3 Likes

You are most welcome as always :thumbsup:

3 Likes

you know i need to test strw ripe now bc i CANNOT for the life of me get a satisfying straw vape to be honest the UM cuttwood spy is probably the best tasting SB vape and that end up being more creamy than straw

2 Likes

As @Fenrir1 Stated you can use the format toolbar or you can do:

**BOLD**
_ITALIC_
3 Likes

Almost every single chocolate flavor I’ve tried has a band-aids undertone.
A lot of coconuts - sunscreen.
Flavorah Pralines - musty mushrooms.
Cap Glazed Doughnut - play-doh.
TPA Black Tea - pledge dumped in potting soil.
Many coffee flavors - burning tires.
Inawera Gold for Pipe and Flavorah Raspberry as singles - wet dog.
EuroFlavors Kiwi - nail polish remover.
Inawera Plum - carrots boiled in dirty dishwater.
LB Greek Yogurt - chalk.

I get the Cap Sweet Strawberry as well. Some other Cap fruits give me the same vibe - cantaloupe and passionfruit off the top of my head. Musty.

7 Likes

Cap Harvest Berry: a weird taste on steep. too green strange effect with creams.

2 Likes

TFA Guava - Used kitty litter box.
TFA Cheesecake - Fromunda foot odor - steep to cardboard taste.

4 Likes

I am loving the descriptions in this thread each new post give me a lol

NN chai tornado - Century Egg with a draino finish
FW Maraschino Cherry - The worst flavor I have. Casu Marzu would taste awesome compared with this foul concoction which I believe is made from a mixture of bat droppings and scrapings from the anus of a blob fish.

6 Likes

Thanks all so far, added to the first post for clarity :smile:

3 Likes

New York Cheesecake (CAP), I call it New York Feetcake. Need I say more?. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honeydew - I’ve tried a variety of samples… still tastes like a rotten fruit. Nausea.

1 Like

Tpa plum-bitter to me
Cotton candy-bitter
Purelium ocean myst-bitter
Flavorah lemongrass-If you decided to eat furniture polish the taste would be spot on.

2 Likes

@CatnipCreek @Buhhh Can I have the manufacturers please

Oops, fa cotten candy

1 Like

I will be the first to say it:

I have drawers full of flavors I tried and went “EWWWW BLECKKKKKY…YUCK YUCK YUCK!”

But a lot of our vendors are sellers of these concoctions so we don’t insult them. It’s not nice. :laughing:

2 Likes