FLAVRZ Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

^^^^^Once again vindicating (if that were needed at all) SD and ALL of his hard work benefiting ALL of us.

10 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind words @Ed133.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s most useful information for us / those who donā€™t have that particular flavor yet (but might have flavors of other brands, so we can more easily imagine what it is like / understand if we need to buy another flavor or not). Not always, but often those 2 lines of direct comparison are more informational than 20 lines of abstract description of the flavor for us. Direct comparison rules, thatā€™s why Noted / NotedDX is so extremely useful (and top2 most watched show).

11 Likes

Mango Jam next which I mixed @13%,steeped for 22 days and bought with my own money.

This particular concentrate peaked my interest in Flavrz as I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a mango jam listed anywhere else. I enjoy both mango and jam flavours separately so a marriage of the two seemed like a good idea.
Although (and similarly to strawberry jam) it didnā€™t taste as I hoped it is nice. I could certainly taste the mango and that mango taste was unique but unfortunately I barely got any jam. On the description Flavrz mention a slight mixture of banana passion fruit and I believed I could taste the passion fruit, however I didnā€™t taste any banana. My assumption was this particular mixture was to create the jammy aspect but to me it wasnā€™t quite there.
Again similarly to strawberry jam itā€™s kind of there but just too subdued to make me consider it a jam and I actually think the jam aspect is less in this particular one.I know Sessiondrummer did but I have to bring out the old chestnut and say taste is subjective.

I honestly donā€™t think I could consider it a jam if I mixed it any stronger than 13% as I just donā€™t think that aspect is present enough at that percentage and could in fact be detrimental to the overall taste. However I will try it lower, as he has, to see if that helps any.

To summarise, and this will seem contradictory to what Iā€™ve stated above, I would buy this one again because in my opinion it is an enjoyable taste. At 13% I believe it to be a unique mango possibly due to the passion fruit mixture and I can easily vape it solo. As a unique mango 8/10 but as a mango jam 4.5/10.

11 Likes

On to Peacherine which I mixed @13%, steeped for 23 days and bought with my own money. I love a good peach or nectarine flavour and have been very much looking forward to tasting this one.

According to Flavrz website this concentrate is nectarine with notes of strawberry and apple. They also mention Pacha-mamma Fuji apple. I havenā€™t tried Pacha-mamma so I canā€™t comment on that but what I do taste is fantastic. It took me no time at all to realise I really like this flavour.

In regards to concentrates in general I honestly canā€™t taste the difference between nectarine and peach and although as with all manufacturers I find some better than others I couldnā€™t say thatā€™s a peach or thatā€™s a nectarine. Same goes for this one as I predominantly taste a beautiful sweet peach/nectarine but I can also taste the apple and put simply it works superbly.

Itā€™s definitely more than ā€˜justā€™ a peach and is a unique one to me. The peach/nectarine hit me immediately on the inhale and then the apple comes into play just enough to let you know itā€™s there. Itā€™s also got a beautiful sweetness which compliments the overall taste. As I continued to vape it I began to notice the apple taking over on the exhale and aftertaste which was in contrast to the inhale and the aroma. I believe the apple itself is leaning more towards a green type, tasting extremely crisp and fresh.
However, I have to say that at no time did I taste the strawberry but perhaps it could be there for some. Quite honestly that doesnā€™t bother me in the least as the combination of the peach/nectarine and apple is perfect nonetheless. If you like peach/nectarine or apple flavours and this one is available to you my suggestion would be to try it for yourself as I donā€™t think youā€™d be disappointed. I believe my testing percentage of 13% is perfect for me as itā€™s absolutely saturated with mouth watering flavour.

Iā€™ll only summarise to continue the format as itā€™s plainly obvious I very much like this one and I will definitely be buying it again. Itā€™s a uniquely more than satisfying sweet peach/nectarine and green apple combination. 10/10 for me.

11 Likes

Following my success with Peacherine I decided to try Honeydew next which I mixed @13%, steeped for 24 days and paid for with my own money.

I donā€™t actually eat watermelon as such but I do enjoy the taste of a melon type drink so this one is my first honeydew concentrate. Iā€™ve just skipped over them for some reason and basically decided it was time I tried one.

Iā€™m glad I started with this one as to be honest I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be going down that particular flavour rabbit hole as this one hits the spot perfectly for me. As mentioned Iā€™m no melon head so I can only say it definitely tastes of the fruit but I canā€™t really be more precise in regards to real world replication. Flavrz site states itā€™s a combination of rock and watermelon with hints of powdered sugar coated strawberry. I can definitely taste the melon but personally I get no strawberry whatsoever but thatā€™s fine by me as it works perfectly as is.

However, what I can say is itā€™s extremely good with a full on juicy taste. In regards to flavour, that is definitely not lacking @13% and I thoroughly enjoy it. Actually I believe I could dial it down a bit and still enjoy the same flavoursome and juicy vaping experience. I also believe the sweetness is spot on, so all in all Iā€™m very happy with my impulse buy and can easily vape it solo. Iā€™m positive itā€™ll work very well in recipes too and leaves a lovely refreshing,crisp,fresh melon aftertaste

In summary I appreciate my description is a little basic but I can only state what I know which is this is an extremely good,juicy,clean and crisp melon tasting concentrate with a great depth of flavour. Considering I bought it on a whim it was a good choice and I am going to buy it again. 9/10 for me and if you are a melon head I would think itā€™s a good one to try.

12 Likes

Very nicely done @Gazza7,

8 Likes

Another one I was looking forward to which is Rum&Raisin which I mixed @13%,steeped for 26 days and bought with my own money.

I have two other Rum&Raisin concentrates, one of which I rate very highly with the other being ok. Flavrz version sits higher than ok but isnā€™t what I was hoping for.

The first R&R I tried was Flavorah which is, in my opinion, excellent and would be hard to beat. The second is Vapetrain which whilst being acceptable failed by a fair way in comparison. Flavrz is far superior to VT but unfortunately doesnā€™t reach the heights of Flavorah. Itā€™s unfair to just place it directly in the middle as itā€™s better than that. The aroma was very encouraging and I was really looking forward to trying it but unfortunately the aroma didnā€™t translate to the finished juice.
Itā€™s a good representation of R&R but lacks the punch that I would like. I believe the raisin aspect is overpowering the rum and personally I would prefer that reversed. The rum that I do taste is very nice but I would like it to be more pronounced. The raisin works well too and I have to be fair and state that I do find the juice easily vapeable solo and have high expectations for it in recipes too. Itā€™s actually extremely enjoyable but itā€™s lacking the wow factor Iā€™ve mentioned before.
I enjoy the punch that a good ā€˜boozyā€™ type concentrate can give and whilst the taste to this one is good that punch is missing.

My mixing percentage of 13 could I believe be pushed higher but Iā€™m unsure if that would actually deliver what Iā€™m looking for. As Flavrz states you can request a flavour thatā€™s not listed I am going to ask for this Rum solo thinking that might suit me better.

To summarise this concentrate has a very nice taste and Iā€™m glad I tried it. However, unfortunately the raisin overpowers the rum which could be the preference for some but not me. To be brutally honest I wouldnā€™t buy this R&R as first choice but do rate it at 7.5/10 because I do like it.

13 Likes

Iā€™m more accustomed to the Rum being more prominent also. What % Flavorah do you normally use?

7 Likes

2.5% solo and dependent on what Iā€™m chasing up to 1% in a recipe.

6 Likes

Red Energy next which I mixed @13%, steeped 27 days and paid for with my own money.

Going from the picture my initial thoughts was it should have been called Red Dog as in the good Aussie film but needless to say this is Flavrz take on Redbull and itā€™s a good representation.

Iā€™ve tried a handful of Redbull flavours up until now with none really ticking that box for me. Not bad but missing something however I think this one could possibly be the best so far. Itā€™s actually a one shot so therefore Iā€™ve differed from the recommended mixing percentage but Iā€™m glad to say I can offer my thoughts as I actually do find it flavoursome enough.
Itā€™s an unmistakable Redbull and done well but Iā€™m sure I tasted the very slightest amount of cooling in it. Im not a lover of cooling but I am shortly going to start experimenting with it and this one has encouraged me to do so because if Iā€™m right it works perfectly here.

Whilst vaping it I was trying to imagine it stronger because according to Flavrz recommendations Iā€™ve probably mixed it at approximately half strength but I actually wondered if that would be too much. As mentioned the flavour is definitely there @13% from inhale to the aftertaste and if I didnā€™t know it was a one shot I probably wouldnā€™t have thought it was too weak. In fact the aftertaste truly reminds me of having just taken a gulp of the real stuff. A bit of a contradiction to the others Iā€™ve tried to date but itā€™s the truth. Is my mind playing tricks on me? In an attempt to answer that question I will mix it stronger but rather than go up to 25% or above Iā€™m going to try 20% as Iā€™m thinking that could be nearer to its sweet spot. Although I donā€™t actually drink Redbull often I do enjoy the taste and this one shot has captured the taste.

To summarise this has definitely delivered on its namesake (not Red Dog) and delivers well. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a minuscule amount of cooling agent in there which fits in extremely nicely with the overall flavour. Considering Redbull as an actual drink that makes sense to me.
I rate it at 8.5/10 and would buy it again.

11 Likes

Rainbow Drops which I mixed @13%, steeped for 28 days and was a freebie with an order. I enjoy a good skittles type flavour solo and whilst this one is good enough it doesnā€™t hit as high as I hoped.

I have read Sessiondrummers review of this particular concentrate and whilst I can sort of agree with his thoughts I have to be honest and say I donā€™t share his enthusiasm. Itā€™s acceptable and enjoyable enough but to me unfortunately is a little lackluster not rising above others Iā€™ve tried. My personal favourite is FW @12% as a solo flavour. Although Iā€™ve never bothered to check, FW could be possibly loaded with ā€˜nastiesā€™ where Flavrz state all of their flavours are not, so perhaps thatā€™s worth taking into consideration.

It does have the generic type fruity taste I expected and wanted but it just seems a little watered down or subdued if that makes sense. Not weak as such but generally lacking. Personally I donā€™t taste any ā€˜fizzinessā€™ which as I understand is next to impossible in a concentrate but Iā€™ll mention it to those who might be interested. To repeat myself not weak but lost? I certainly canā€™t pick out any distinct flavour but I have to say itā€™s vapeable solo. However, I have to ask why?ā€¦ by which I mean itā€™s OK, with the flavours I wanted, but not enough of it. Personally I think it proves that one has to test a flavour for oneself to know how it could work for you. For me this particular one is OK but I wouldnā€™t vape it solo again but can imagine it working well enough in recipes. The inhale is acceptable but the exhale is where I start to taste a bit more depth of flavour, however overall itā€™s just not the best Iā€™ve tried no matter how I try and chase his opinion. I appreciate I shouldnā€™t do that as you taste what you taste but I do still think am I missing something? I have tried with this one and can truly say I donā€™t think so.

To summarise as a skittles type flavour itā€™s OK but lacking. I keep thinking how could I improve on the overall taste which to me means adding something which by continuation means I shouldnā€™t have to. Rightly or wrongly thatā€™s how my brain thinks. It works a bit above average so 5.5/10 but I wouldnā€™t buy it above others Iā€™ve tried in this profile.

10 Likes

Rum Tobacco which I mixed @13%, steeped for 29 days and bought with my own money. Another tobacco and another one I was looking forward to. As I mentioned I enjoy tobaccos and boozy type flavours so a combination of the two is a treat for me and this one is not disappointing.

From the first vape I knew I was going to like this one and it literally made me sit down to enjoy the taste properly. As I continued the novelty (or whatever) sort of wore off but thatā€™s probably because I was becoming more accustomed to it. The initial few vapes had me sitting down and savoring it.
I could be way off but I think it uses the same rum as Flavrz Rum&Raisin and if it does it works better in this one. Iā€™m not trying to say itā€™s absolutely perfect but itā€™s not far off. Conversely to R&R Iā€™d have to say the rum overtakes the tobacco and I was trying to work out if that was a good thing or not. After much deliberation I decided Iā€™d prefer it the other way around. Nit picking I know and possibly unfair but it was a decision I wanted to make. Canā€™t please this bloke!
I can easily vape it as is but I will be playing about with it in recipes possibly simply by adding another tobacco.

I canā€™t decide what tobacco it is and I think thatā€™s the question which is stopping me from calling this flavour perfect. Itā€™s definitely there but loosing the battle with the rum as such. This is a one shot so in theory the 13% I mixed at should be way too low but it isnā€™t? Due to this I thought I wouldnā€™t like it but I was wrong and quite honestly wouldnā€™t push it much higher as itā€™s definitely not lacking in flavour. In saying that and contradicting myself I am going to try it higher with 18% in my head from somewhere. I doubt Iā€™d push it much higher but dependent on how that goes I suppose itā€™s possible. The rum flavour has also reinforced my belief that I need to try a rum only concentrate from Flavrz.

To summarise it does what it says on the tin and does that very well. Itā€™s a very nice flavour that is definitely a rum tobacco but in that order. I canā€™t elaborate much more than that but want to say if you enjoy this flavour profile I think youā€™ll enjoy this one. Obviously I believe this one is a winner and will be buying it again. 9.5/10 but that was very nearly 10/10 and would have been if the tobacco had been just a tad stronger.

11 Likes

Nice job describing this flavour! I liked this one as soon as I sniffed it and have tried it in a few mixes now and for some reason Iā€™m fixated on pairing it with banana.
The rum had a familiarity that Iā€™ve got with a few of these flavours, the raisin was my favourite part.

Thatā€™s what I thought but Iā€™ve tried about 6 of the one shots now and found most of them 15% is enough for me, except my work dunny pod that Iā€™ve been using at 25%. In truth Iā€™ve hardly mixed anything else this last month.

Out of interest what are you using for testing?

6 Likes

Generally I just use a Wasp Nano RDA but in an effort to speed things up Iā€™ve been bringing a Youde Goblin V3 to work and using an OBS Crius V3 at home for tobaccos.

Old school but I like them.

6 Likes

I used to test in an RDA initially but then put exactly the same juice in an RTA just to gauge and difference. But time dictates I canā€™t do that now.
Again Iā€™ll say Iā€™ve absolutely no idea how @SessionDrummer keeps up.

Iā€™m hoping that this three pronged attack wonā€™t throw up any nasty surprises later.

5 Likes

Oh heck go crazy Iā€™d pair the Rum Tobacco with the Rum Raisin and add a touch of classic Dark or classic Black for pipe (INW).

6 Likes

Makes me wish I would have ordered the rum tobacco. :person_facepalming: a good pod mix 13RR +13RT + 2 pipe tobacco = 28% mix @70/30 Iā€™m thinking excellent low watt pod recipe.

6 Likes

Really great reviews @Gazza7 !!!

Down to the LAST Duomei flavor, and it looks like Flavors won out here. Flavors first !!!

4 Likes

Interesting that you ignored the fact that your own poll said ā€œTest the One-Shots or elseā€ā€¦ be quite amusing to see what the ā€œOR ELSEā€ part of that was since you chose not to do it. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes