Following a persons recipes

Just another plug for this. I don’t think it’s been mentioned in a while. I really like the idea of a link or section in the user profile. Are the profiles/accounts between the recipe site and forum separate or the same?

They’re linked. I would love to have a link from the forum profile to the ELR-profile, but it requires me to dive deeper into how the forum software works, and I feel my time is better spent elsewhere. If I do get some extra time and motivation I might look further into it :smile:

2 Likes

Ok I see we have following/followed on our boards on the ELR site now…what will this function serve ? I like it , it shows fellowship and I suppose an easy link to who you like to check out recipes on that kinda thing. Will there be more of a function latter on ? I do think it’s a nice way to show you like a particular mixer.

2 Likes

In “My page” there is now a “Recipe feed” - that shows only recipes from the people you follow :slightly_smiling: You also get notified when a user you follow posts a new public recipe or changes it from private to public :slight_smile:

Can you think if anything else to do with it? Toplists maybe? :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

what do you mean by top list ? Will the notification of new posted recipes be on your home screen or here in the forum ?

1 Like

The recipe feed is pretty cool ive added almost 40 people to the follow list and it makes for a nice recipe feed.

I just noticed, Don3 hasnt been around in a long time…

2 Likes

It’s an email notification - it requires you to have comment notifications enabled…

By top list, I mean one could do interesting top lists, like “most followed mixer last week” or something like that :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

I actually noticed that the other day too. Isn’t he a soldier thou ?

1 Like

Yeah, which makes it a bit more disconcerting.

1 Like

Yes, @Don3 has been AWOL for a while… I wonder if he’ll come back to us… Hopefully it’s just a short hiatus.

2 Likes

I think he’s more of an office worker, but I’m not sure…

2 Likes

Ah , ok I like that nice idea ! I have email notifications enabled. I will have to check out the recipe feed

1 Like

Oh, thats good to know.

true hope all is well with him.

1 Like

I do too but no longer get them. No biggie tho.

You don’t get them? I just checked, and my email machine gun says emails to you are delivered… You just received a notification of a new comment on Grape Them Apple…
Perhaps check your spam filter?

1 Like

Nope, not in spam or inbox but my spam folder is full of hawt Russian chixs that want to hookup and amazon/walmart gift cards that ive won.

Email machine gun, hehe. Ill have to check and see if somehow my email addy got changed.

EDIT: NOW i see whats up, derp. I have been checking my toonman email and for this site stuff is sent to my kenowhere email. I have too many email addys…

Hey all, new member here…wondering if recipes can be deleted by OP? Made private? Many on here I’m anxious to try. Need to know if I need to copy them elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

BTW - great site

CB

Yes, they can. You can adapt a recipe by clicking on the blue wrench which saves a modified or unmodified copy in your own recipes.

Ya, I’m still here… Just been extremely busy with getting settled in after moving and preparing to retire from the Air Force. Its a three day weekend for me so hopefully Ill get some mixing time :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll try out the Cat Blood recipe. Looks like I need to catch up on all the awesome upgrades to the forum as well.

5 Likes