Fur babies!

That is so true!

1 Like

This thread got me thinking about getting another cat. So I have been looking. I have been to the shelters around here and I havenā€™t made a connection with any of the cats I have seen yet. But I found this one in North Carolina that would be a great little fur ball for someoneā€¦

So here I am in Indiana and heā€™s in North Carolina. The possibility of a road trip this coming weekend isnā€™t out of the question. And itā€™s ridiculous how much I love driving through North Carolina. But DAYUM, that is a long way to drive for a cat! So I guess I could try to justify the trip somehow.

I could rent me a Mustang GT and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. Iā€™m just not sure how much Mr Tonto there would enjoy the ride :wink:

I could also have him shipped to me via American Airlines for around $200. Hmm.

I saw a story on TV a few years ago about a pet transportation/delivery network that was basically just a bunch of caring pet owners that would deliver an animal by having a series of people taking the animal from one person to the next. Kinda like a pet relay. And after scouring the internet I canā€™t seem to find it.

So in the meantime, I am still looking.

2 Likes

He probably would enjoy the ride a lot more than being shipped. Snuggled up in a basket with some choice bits of food and his new owner chatting him up along the way beats the hell out of being shipped or being stuck in a shelter. Donā€™t they have some excellent vapegear in NC you could pick up along the way? Just giving you some justification here :grinning:

2 Likes

Or you could go to Muncie and pick up Rocky. Heā€™s a beautiful Russian Blue that needs a daddy! :slight_smile:

Rocky

3 Likes

He sure is a cutie! My luck I get there and heā€™d have his way with my hand. I wish there was a description. But I have found most shelter pets are very appreciative of having a new friend take them away from there. For me to get there would be a 4 hour round trip. Or an hour from my work.

I actually sent the shelter in NC an email asking for more info on Tonto and they never responded. I get my son this weekend. If they were to respond I was thinking I would just make a road trip down there and get him. Breydon loves to travel. But it doesnā€™t seem they are going to reply.

I will probably just keep checking the shelters near me for a kitty. That was where I found my cat Cocoa. So I will keep looking.

3 Likes

This is Dexter. In the background left is Faith and on the right Barney.

These are my 2 foster puppies from the Chattanooga Humane Education Society, 8 weeks old today. I have had them since they were 2 wks old. Long nights feeding them with a bottle every 2 hours while they were the sickest. The mother and these 2 pups were in the worse shape. Pneumonia, hooks, whips, rounds and the little brown one has been on 3 different antibiotics trying to clear her lungs. She is improving!! Still a ways to go.
Mom did find a forever home as well as the other 3 puppies who were fairly healthy, considering they were born at the shelter. They were just very luck to be born at HESChatt, what a great place to be a part of!!
The spotted one is Brother Beko and the little brown girl is Sistra.
Foster, adopt, volunteer, rescue, do anything, do something!

East Tennessee Alliance for Animals
Hope this is ok @daath, just like to bring attention the rescues that are near and dear to my heart. The only thing that gets me away from the mixing table, a dog!!

10 Likes

Oh my, i wants cuddles!!!

4 Likes

I think we can squeeze you in!! LOL

!

9 Likes

O
M
G

Cuteness overload! I lubs puppies!

3 Likes

JoJo, Iā€™m so sorry about Luna and I did say a prayer for her, and I will again every day. Itā€™s so hard to see them suffer because they are like angels - that precious.
This is the first time Iā€™ve read any post about someoneā€™s pet here (or anywhere cause this is the only place I go). I was taking care of a baby raccoon that lasted 4 days. Then, she took a bad turn and passed away. I berried her and an hour later I had a nap and a dream and I saw her open her eyes. Even though she was so young her eyes were closed, she would look towards me. I think she went to heaven and she opened her eyes! I saw them. Maybe itā€™s just a blessing from God. I was waiting for her eyes to open and God let me see them. Would I do it again? Yourā€™e darn right I would. She had fallen out of the tree. I left her there all night, but the mother didnā€™t come by morning, so I took her in.
Well, I will pray for Luna. And I hope you will have lots of strength and get good rest as needed.

2 Likes

I am with Ken on this one. I would damn near drive to Chattanooga for a cuddle. They are so cute. And it would give me a chance to drive up lookout mountain again faster than the law will allow. I love straightening the curves on the road up that mountain. Sooooo much fun to drive. I have vacationed in Chattanooga probably 6 times in the last 8 years and love it there.

I get my son back on the 25th. On the 26th I have promised him we will go to the shelter and look for a friend. He wants a puppy. But I wants a Kitty. So we will see who wins. I had dogs as a kid and I can relate to how wonderful they are as pets. I just donā€™t know if my busy life would be good for a dog. Cats could care less if you are home as long as you do as they say when you are home :smiley:

4 Likes

Jinxx on the left, Murdoc on the rightā€¦my pit bull and my presa canario

9 Likes

Aww. Give them some lovin! They are looking at you saying please pet me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are my babies. Snowball is the white one, and Simon is the grey one. Simon has take a liking to my husband and Snowball is my sweetheart. Iā€™m completely wrapped around here little paw!

9 Likes

Iā€™m sure you can find the right fit. I really believe their is a pet for everyone!! Good luck and donā€™t forget to post pictures!!

3 Likes

Beautiful cats! Have any more pics?

2 Likes

Thanks, I have loads of pictures of my babies. But you donā€™t want to get me started.

2 Likes

Why not? 1-2-3-go.

1 Like

Maya, when I found her. She couldnā€™t even stand up. I almost didnā€™t stop the mower in time, literally a foot in front of me.

Maya, just a couple months laterā€¦Princess-in-training.

9 Likes