Good Deals 2024

Post good deals / discounts / coupon codes here, with links when possible.

From @Letitia : Ingredient Supplier 5% off thru the 5th, FIRST5

11 Likes

Thank you Rocky.

8 Likes

Jonathan at Coil Clout is having a 30% off sale again. This time it seems to work on hardware. It’s probably not as good of a deal as some of you got on BF/Thanksgiving, but Defiant Design DS squonks are $56 with code: FULLBOAT30

I’m considering getting one. I’ve found/created a single coil that works friggen fantastic on mechs. Im using one in an Elder Dragon sitting on a Hugo Squeezer… The DS would probably be a table/desk mod for me.

6 Likes

I cant stand that scumbag Jonathan and i dont say that lightly. Still waiting for my order of just regular coils from the end of november. I will NEVER order from coil clout again

7 Likes

Oh wow. I didn’t know that. He doesn’t believe you or something?

Tell me what you ordered, and I’ll take care of you. I love building for others and can make anything he does. Seriously, I’m your huckleberry :grin:. That’s just my game.

8 Likes

I know at least half a dozen people now that never received there orders. Iv tried to contact him multiple times from email to dm and on the fb group all very nicely. No reply but read. I just ordered some 26g alien v3s 6 wrap and alienv2 .Not even anything special. The first time i ordered from him i did receive it in like 10 days

5 Likes

I’ve always loved the look of those mods. Though after seeing the results of having one that a friend had just got. Three days after he received it the fire button got hung up and it continued to auto fire until the batteries overheated & burst into flames. I decided nope I don’t need one that bad.

10 Likes

Me either I guess :laughing:. That’s terrible about what happened. I’ve had people tell me they love em but I’ll get by without one.

6 Likes

I can vouch for @INOIROC coils, @STR8V8PING.

7 Likes

Wow again. That can’t be good for business. I’ll see what the specs are for those. Aliens are pro builders bread and butter. They’re not difficult to make once you’ve learned the feel. They have special equipment and cheat tools so they can do super long lengths in one shot. I can whip up a pile of them in an hour or two. They must be able to make a mountain. For the prices they charge, it’s definitely easy money. Aliens and fraliens are quick and simple vs staggered stuff. Last I checked his 5-core SFc’s were $33 a set. He tells people he loses money making them. It’s not that he loses, it’s that he makes more by pushing the easy stuff.

3 Likes

@INOIROC what build is that ??

Found this …

5 Likes

@INOIROC and some glorious builds they are !!!

5 Likes

Ahhh the funZ of mechZ …

4 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve always been partial to using N90 for single coil mechs. It ohms lower than N80 so less mass is needed to get resistance down etc. I like N90’s flavor alright, but it’s just different from N80. It’s not better or worse, just different… and it bugs me sometimes :laughing:.

I’m constantly trying new things and imagining creations in my head. I wanted an N80 SFC coil that fires the way I like on a single 21700 mech squonk. Not only that, but it also needed to be fitting for an Elder Dragon. What I did was make it somewhat wider (than I’m used to), and subtract a wrap. My usual is N90 5x30/40ga, 4 wraps. For a 3-wrap N80 coil, I went with 7x30/42ga. The overall mass is around the same. I think of like one wire. For 5x30, it’d be 20 total core wraps (for a 4-wrap coil). 7x30, 3-wraps = 21 so pretty close. Hope that makes sense.

There’s all kinds of things you can do with staggered coils to target certain resistance or whatever. I’ve probably pushed the envelope more than most. Who says you cant enjoy a 3-wrap coil? :grin:. Anyways long story short, it’s awesome. The legs fit into the post holes no problem, and it’s efficient and very flavorful. I say “Wow” sometimes after a drag in appreciation lol. The resistance is about the same as my old standard N90 coil which around.15Ω.

I’m not sure if I’ve taken any photos but I’ll look. The width of the legs might not be ideal for certain decks, I’m not sure. It’s an awesome Dragon mech coil tho.

5 Likes

Those look legit!

5 Likes

I mainly focus on being efficient, but have gotten into the more artistic stuff in the past year or so… People were posting double staple helix on Reddit. Helix is something I’ve never gotten into. After about a week of practice (& I can’t spin all the time :laughing:), I was able to come up with this:

I’ve done quite a few color experiments but my latest was for a mesh alt. coil:

12 Likes

Right the last of my box mechs bit the dust yesterday. It was converted mech the Stentorian Ram. It was a beautiful green swirl resin mod. I accidentally dropped it and it shattered. :tired_face: I guess its time to headed over to shapeway 3d printing and mod builders to get parts for a new mech box.

4 Likes

I wish my health was better or id def give coil building a shot. I think id be able to at least make some aliens but some of the coils you guys make blow my mind. Building a good setup for building def wouldnt be a problem. I have a cnc mill , metal lathe and banks of 3d printers. Bearing blocks , no problem. Wouldnt even have to buy anything to get started

7 Likes

That’s beautiful how’s it vape?

5 Likes