Griffin 25 Plus - Single Coil - Less Flavor

Very nice! It looks like it should be in front of a heavy construction vehicle. Clearing boulders!

1 Like

LOL, I call it Mad Max

2 Likes

I use 8 wrap split coils of 28 Ga in a 3mm coil in mine and the flavor is fine. Koh Gen Do cotton for whatever thatā€™s worth.

Put this on my Amazon Prime Wishlistā€¦thanks for posting

1 Like

Sure, no problem. They are a good starting point.

first of allā€¦ you doā€™t give much infoā€¦
Coil wire / Ohms / ID / Watts yourā€™re working at ā€¦

and imho dual coils are better than a single oneā€¦

Single: coil: you save battery power and sacrificing flavor
Dual Coil: you get more flavor but you are sacrificing more battery power

just in general (thereā€™s no need to analyze it more for the answer you asked)

if you want to ask for a build that works nicelyā€¦ well:
try building claptons 26/30 or 26/34 SS316L or Kanthal with Inner Diameter 2 or 2.5mmā€¦ 5-6 wrapsā€¦ (single coil)

if you want plain kanthal a1 build:
2.0 - 2,5mm Inner Diameter, 10wraps 24ga Kanthalā€¦ (single coil) will do some nice job tooā€¦ :slight_smile:

gl and hf :slight_smile:

Yes and no. In an atomizer designed for single coil builds you can get just as much flavor as a dual coil build. In a dual coil atomizer that has the option for single coil you will usaully lose flavor with a single coil.

2 Likes

I personally love my Griffins, using the Griffin 25 and the Griffin mini (not the original Griffin, itā€™s juice flow sucked with the chimney too close to the glass). I havenā€™t used the ā€œPlusā€ Griffin. I use duel single strand coils (not claptons or anything) at 0.30 ohm and have no issues with flavor.

2 Likes

i will agree that some single coil rta tanks provide great taste etcā€¦ but lets better stay in the stereotypeā€¦ further analysis will have no endā€¦ there are also many factors like the build, how great the user if performing, the tank itself, airflow, etc etcā€¦ these things have no end. and this is one of the beauties about vapingā€¦

but the stereotypes are kinda like:
letā€™s say you want to make a 0.5 coil on a single and a dual coilā€¦ 24ga for exampleā€¦
single coil: about 7 wrapsā€¦ and thatā€™s all
dual coil: like 12-14 wraps

in the dual coil example you need in reality 2x1 ohm coilsā€¦ so you have more coil on the wicks surface while at the same time you produce more vapor and getting more flavorā€¦ while they will need more power to burnā€¦
Single coil: like 25-30 Wattsā€¦ Dual Coil: like 45+ Watts
i think we will all agree on that :slight_smile:

Oh, donā€™t make an assumption like that please.

4 Likes

Every RTA/RDA has a build it works best with. Trick is to find it. To simply believe either a single coil or a double coil is inherently better is myopic. Per the airflow design of the Griffin, I would not personally put a single coil build in it and expect it to perform the same or better than a dual coil. Having said that, another person who enjoys a different draw may think differently.

5 Likes