Harsh Vape DIY

Looks like you narrowed it down to the Nicotine…I wholeheartedly agree with Daaths’ assessment…My vote goes to Carolina Extract…The absolute cleanest nic I have experienced…with VapersTek as a close 2nd.

1 Like

this reply is months late, I do apologize. wanted to thank you for your input. I really like the Carolina extract…thanks for the referral!

2 Likes

You’re Welcome…

I have that problem anytime I use lime of almost any kind. Burns like heck when I vape it. I’m steeping some for a couple of months to see if it helps.

Which lime? I am loving lime Tahiti cold pressed FA.

1 Like

The cold pressed is the only one I haven’t tried yet. I have the FA Tahiti lime, and that’s the one I have in the mix that I’m steeping for a long period to see if it mellows.

The “non” pressed is pretty strong on. The flavor profile that is…sometimes can taste like a lime cleaner. What percent are you mixing it with? What other flavors are you mixing it with.

I can’t fully say exactly what to do with it because I have my second like mix steeping now. The first one I liked. I mixs both FA limes together with marshmallow FA, fresh cream FA, and Vienna cream FA. I found it very enjoyable…but that may just be a first mixed love and I sometimes dislike mix number two.

the juice I have it in is called melon balls, it only has 2.% in it. My original was a citrus blend with orange, lemon, lime, key lime, grapefruit, and a tiny bit of cotton candy as a sweetener. The lime and key lime in that one was total 4% Burned like fire when vaped. So I mixed all the ingredients into very small individual single flavor batches. All were great with the exception of the limes. I lightened both of the lime flavors down to 1 % each but they both still burned when vaped. This might be a problem for just me as my wife doesn’t seem to be as sensitive to it as I am.

Yeah, it happens. I had pina colada tpa big the heck out of my throat. Made me cough a bit. So I’m gonna mix with it one more time but add 0.5% coconut to smooth it out, 0.25 pineapple FA, and a touch more Jamaican rum FA to hopefully smooth it out.

Citrus usually makes me cough my head off, but I’ve found that if I add a drop or two per 10ml of MTS Vape Wizard or something similar, it takes a little bit of that itchy edge off and I can vape it. You might try something like that and see if it helps.

1 Like

Some Cactus and Pyrue in small amounts have really helped me tone down harse fruits and citrus flavors.

3 Likes

I’ve got and tried both vape wizard and Smooth to no avail.

Bummer. :confused: From what I understand, Lime Tahity is supposed to be more like lime juice and the cold pressed is like lime zest. I haven’t done a whole lot with lime and the only one I have is Flavorah’s. It’s SUPER strong but it actually doesn’t make me cough. Their orange citrus is the same. Cap’s juicy orange does make me cough, though. Might try some different brands and see if that helps. Like @Bearkat said, a lot of people have had good results with Pyure smoothing out fruit flavors.

Been thinking about trying the Flavorah, but every time I order I’m either at my limit or I forget. Ah the joys of suffereing from CRAFT

LoL I heard that. On the whole, they have excellent flavors. On par with FA and Inawera, IMO. Pretty concentrated, too, but they do have kind of a hefty price tag. Suffering indeed…decisions decisions. Do I eat or do I vape? :stuck_out_tongue: Kidding, fortunately not that bad yet. LoL

I started out using the Vampire vape’s Nic and it was fine for me. Possibly you just have a bad batch? I see you are in the UK. I’ve been using darkstar’s nic for a good few months now. It’s cheaper than Vampire Vapes nic and I’m more than happy with it.

Not sure you understand CRAFT*. It is the the advanced stage of CRS** you get it when you stop wanting birthdays. lol

**C_an’t_

R_emember_

Shit_

Can’t_

R emember_

A

F_riggin_

T hing_

3 Likes

Vanillin may help some, or even EM which I’ve stopped using, but it well may cut some edges off.

Citrus to me is very difficult to work with. Lots of them clash when mixed together and create a terrible taste IMO. I’ve tried several thinking as I was mixing they would be the bomb, only to find they bear a strong resemblance to the effects of mixing chlorine bleach and ammonia. Ugh.

1 Like

On harsh mixes… Ive been through the ringer!! It wasnt my nic, it was my flavor choices. Anything I vape has gummy, bubblegum or berries in. 3 months dark box to produce anything vapeable with that kind of flavoring, I can mix shake n vape citrus mixes, add a dash of strawberry and ice to any citrus and its lovely (for me) but quite honestly I was wanting new bottles the other day so thought let me toss out all these gummys that were too harsh to vape, and I drip tested them, they are all bloody spectacular, also berry notes that dissapear after two weeks actually come back in full force after three months. I know this reply is hell of a late but I just saw it in my unread list hehe, maybe it will help someone else

3 Likes