Hello introduction and What can I make not working?

Many fruit flavors seem to fade. Sometimes disappearing all together. I’ve heard people add the fruit parts after the creams or other base flavors have steeped, or they mix the whole recipe, let it steep and then add in some amount of the fruits just before using the pre-steeped recipe. That’s probably a thing to try.

3 Likes

Some recipes are only good as shake-n-vape. That’s why testing and keeping good notes on everything you do, try, observe, and think about throughout the process are a must.

4 Likes

Welcome @Jammer3,

I am like @JiM210 when it comes to testers and do 30ml bottles kind.

I also find that doing larger mixes of “base” custards or creams that you know have to steep works well. You can then use them to make mixes with other components that don’t need the steep. I always have 500ml min of CAP Vanilla Custard V1 steeping at any given time and use it 2 to 3 months after mixing.

4 Likes

Thats a good idea. Will see if it makes a difference. I made a cheesecake today that was stated as shake and vape but surely that needs to steep?

4 Likes

Is that mixed with your vg/pg base ?

4 Likes

Just looked over your stash again and your have TPA Dragonfruit which is good to boost strawberry. You also have CAP Marshmallow, not too familiar with CAP’s Marshmallow but in general Marshmallow is good to add some sweetness and mouthfeel.

Maybe try 4 to 5% TPA Strawberry Ripe
0.50% TPA Dragonfruit
1% Marshmallow

If you want to add a cream aspect I am not too familiar with FW Bavarian Cream but 2% probably wouldn’t do much harm. Try it without first and see how it comes out.

FlV Milk & Honey is excellent, love that flavor. It can also be added but best to keep it simple first then add as needed.

You can use FLV Coconut but keep it low, like 1 drop per 30ml, it is crazy strong. Coconut can also be used to enhance creams. I prefer FLV Sweet Coconut, not as potent but when starting out that is usually better. It is also tastier to me than the normal Coconut from FLV

5 Likes

It’s funny you mentioned the dragon fruit and marshmallow today I made a 70vg/30pg with 3% strawberry ripe, 2%sweet strawberry, 3% ripe banana , 1% dragonfruit , 2 Bavarian cream ,1% marshmallow. Just will have to test for best steep duration

5 Likes

I bought FLV coconut for a cereal mix I’ve seen. They only use 0.1%

4 Likes

Yes mate, full mix of concentrate, PG, VG and nic.

5 Likes

I use it as a sweetener and for a fuller mouthfeel. Usually under 1.5% for my mixes but I have used it higher.

This is actually one of my fav Bavarian Creams. It is richer than TFA Bavarian Cream and, to me at least, have a caramel type note to it. 2% would work well but allow a week at least to steep.

6 Likes

Good to know, I have both but sort of forgot about them. I have a little free time today, gonna give them a shot

5 Likes

I see you have Sour (TPA) in your stash, add that at 0.5% to fruit mixes👌

5 Likes

Being malic acid I thought it would only work with certain fruits ?

5 Likes

Just mixed this up and ran it through the GC Homogenizer. Shoutout to @anon36682625 Dan for changing the game :+1:

Bavarian cream FW 3%
Milk & Honey FLV 1.5%
Coconut FLV 1 drop in 30ml
Marshmallow CAP 1.5%

I initially started off lower but the FLV Coconut dominated the mix, upping the BC from 2 to 3%, M&H from 1 to 1.5% and MM from 1 to 1.5%

Just out of the ultrasonic it tastes pretty good, going to let it settle for a few days or I might take it along with me and try it tomorrow.

I am getting a bit of the caramel that @Ianc13 mentioned from the FW BC and the FLW Coconut is still present but is adding more of a creaminess than actual coconut.

Overall dripped into a mesh RDA it is pretty tasty. For my own personal taste I will probably drop the percentages down a little and sub FLV Coconut for Sweet Coconut @ 0.25%

I have a little free time today so gonna try another mix based on your stash. I will try to lean more towards commercial flavor then my normal lower percentage mixes. I have friends who just want stuff that is closer to commercial so use to mixing that way for them

9 Likes

I appreciate your time and effort for giving me ideas in my stash. Sounds delicious. Out of interest how much does ultrasonic speed up the steep?

5 Likes

It is not the ultrasonic that speeds up the steep, it is the homogenizer. Steeping really is for the flavors to play nice with the VG which is not very viscous. This is why 95% of the flavors come in a PG base, not VG. I warm up the VG to 140 f which gives it a more viscous consistency, add my PG and flavors then use the game changer homogenizer to just blast all of them together for 30 seconds to a minute. The ultrasonic is just used to then break down the milk looking liquid back to clear, it only takes a few minutes.

Not the best explanation of how it works but it does indeed work.

Working on a new mix right now, this is fun lol

5 Likes

Freshly dripped this is promising.

Pineapple Juicy TPA 3%
Sweet Strawberry CAP 4%
Fizz Pop CAP 2%
Sour TPA 0.50%

Shoutout to @Rocky02852 for suggesting the Sour as the Pineapple does pop. The sweet sb is more there to add sweetness, it is all Pineapple I can taste which was the plan. Haven’t used Fizz Pop much, preferred RFSC Soda Base but as if now it is near impossible to get.

I thought about adding a sweetener but it doesn’t need it. My bottle of TPA Sweetener has got to be 5 years old, was never a fan of it. 0.50% CAP SS might make it pop more but it is pretty sweet already.

Honestly when starting out it is much easier to do 2 or 3 flavor mixes until you get more used to your flavors, that is how I started. I really enjoy this thread and helping out, going back to basics is fun and educational for me as well.

Let me know how it works out @Jammer3

8 Likes

Sour works well in all fruits, in citrusy fruits I use it at up to 1%,
I also additionally use SS at usually 0.5% to 0.75% :ok_hand:

From my notes: “This is a key ingredient that takes your juice from homeade to vape shop quality!”

8 Likes

Hmm, looks really good @mjag, I may just mix that up but sub the Fizz Pop with Sweet and Tart TPA, got a hankering for a candy vape atm :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you brother. I’m going to mix these soon.

4 Likes