Help, not getting any flavor from my mixes!

You can click on the Blue Wrench and use the adapt function. It will adapt the recipe so it is set up to read as you have your preferences set, namely Grams. Please be sure to set the recipe as private so that the recipe is not duplicated for all to see. Makes too much clutter…

2 Likes

Hi!

Sorry I’m late responding, we were out of town :slight_smile:

Smell - sometimes equates to delicious vapor, but not always and it’s too bad. What I do is use a lot of popular recipes on this site, test them and tweek them to my liking :slight_smile:

The power on your mod absolutely changes the flavor of your vape and it’s a very personal thing.

I use .4 and .5 ohm coils and run my mods between 28 watts and 35 watts. My minty menthol vapes I run lower power, the custardy creamy things I run higher. I don’t use Temp Control and I stick with A1 Kanthal for my wire.

1 Like

I would download and use the ejuice me up calculator it gives ml/grams/and drops
all at the same time

There are some people such as myself that does go by smell. I have used EM in just about all my liquids. I think the amount if EM you are using could be less by a substantial amount. I would try 2 to 3 drops per 10 ml of liquid. It is a flavor enhancer when used in the right amount. Too much and it will mute all of your flavors flat even the tangy ones. How do you steep your liquids? Cap on or off? If you do it with the cap off you might as well let the flavor just go into the air and chuck those bottles. Honestly you can use EM or a sweetner in any liquid, but has to be in the right dosage. Too much of anything in the sweetner department can make or break a liquid.

If you are going by percentages then do the math and use the right ml calculations.
10% of 10ml = 1ml
10% of 30ml = 3ml

Also, why 10%? Why not start at 1% -5%? Too much flavor can mute the flavor as well. Also if this an all day vape your palate can be numb to the flavor. Your friends say the same things about your liquids? Might be a good source if they say the same thing.

1 Like

I don’t use EM anymore I did when I first started out and it was usually around 1-2 drops per 10 mls but I’ve moved on and can taste flavors very well w/o the need to sweetened them any longer. Not sure you meant this for me or you posted it in general.

I go by smell to add a flavor smell then move on to the next profile in the recipe and then smell as I start to layer and make the batch often as the batch is changing my recipe can change just by how the smell is.

It depends on whether or not the flavor is bold or if it contains ethyl whether I let it have the cap off for a few hours, otherwise it’s standard steeping practice dark drawer 1-2 months.

MF- extracts I have found need a lil sweetener but other than that can’t say I’ve used a sweetener in a while.

1 Like

Agreed, I will not use EM unless I want to mute a very strong flavor. Usually fruits that are strong…

1 Like

Mostly meant for the original poster. I just do not want to pigeon hole anyone into thinking that one way is the best way.

What works for some may not work for others.

OP: Test other methods and do what is right for your liquids. Eventually it is you that has to live with your product.

Amy2: I think that there are many ways to skin this cat that is called DIY. I respect your views and opinions. I just happen to differ in the way it is approached.

1 Like

I was going to come back and say the same thing lol how ya doin’ there buddy !

If there’s a flavor that needs taming EM will do it, but then again I tend to SnV that mix right in a few days.

@Skullblade789 you are correct indeed there is many many ways and what works for you is the most important ! Much respect back atcha :wink:

2 Likes

Doing fine. Keeping pretty busy though. Gonna wind up with more time since I can’t blend anymore. Gonna lose my touch I imagine…

1 Like

You won’t lose your touch stop it. Maybe you can try and do some side stuff on craigslist under a different name ? Idk all that is probably more trouble hate to hear that. I hope it all works out I really do I can’t stand to think of how vaping has changed d/t the stupid feds. Glad you do have some more time thou.

2 Likes

LOL…Don’t get me doing illegal stuff now. If I could get away with that I wouldn’t have to stop blending…

2 Likes

HAHHAHA I know it , it just stinks :wink: I don’t want ya doing anything like that !

2 Likes