Help with coiling/coils please?

Got Prime…you’re even smarter than I thought. :smile_cat:

1 Like

Great write up @ozo! I came here to say basically the same thing but you got it all covered!

1 Like

I get all my wire now from Temco. Free USA shipping. All wire is USA-sourced.
https://www.temcoindustrial.com/titanium-wire-grade1-non-resistance.html

100’ spool of 32g Titanium is $6.50.

Edit: They also have up to 34g

2 Likes

Thanks bro!

This is what I’m planning on starting with. I think I’ll figure out pretty quickly if that’s not working and I can always buy specialized equipment if I feel like it later. The hubby has a garage full of drill bits, screw drivers, wire cutters, etc., plus I’m a girl so I’ve got plenty of nail clippers and tweezers around, so I’m thinking that everything I need to start is already here. I did get a big ol’ fancy pants ohm reader though! I figured if I’m not buying the whole kit I could spend a little bit more on this! :wink:

@Lolly , we’re in this together, girl! Good luck!

4 Likes

this has been on my list for aaages, I’ve been using the same poxy ohm reader for over a year, everytime I get it out I just look at it with disgust :disappointed:

The ohm reader…I’m talking about the ohm reader…:grimacing:

5 Likes

Not sure if I ever want to build without this. It took a few months on pre-order to get the first one, customs had some problem with the board or something, and the first shipment to USA was rejected, but CM stayed in touch like a boss.
I keep one on my desk for a desk mod, and this one is my favorite. Red wrap was a gift from a friend in Brooklyn, a real Saint. @MisterSinner

5 Likes

Sweet! I love the red.

1 Like

I really like that red!!! I like the CM 521 tab better!!! I don’t even have an ohm meter right now, I use my mods to see what my coils are for the moment!!! I don’t know how accurate that is or if it is very safe, but it has worked for me and will continue to work for me until I can get one of these baby’s!!! I used to have an ohm meter that I got off of ebay. It was just a little $7 or $8 piece of crap that died within two months and it didn’t work very well anyways. The ohms would jump all over the place, so it wasn’t able to be trusted anyways! And I know it wasn’t my coils that made it do that! So I have made a vow to myself to not waste any more money on crap ohm meters, the next one will be a quality ohm reader with a fire button!!!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

They have wraps for most anything. I think they even have one for your Mother-in-Law. :smile_cat:

http://zapwrapz.co.uk/products/coilmaster

2 Likes

That is so cool!

Well, it is the sides also…

5 Likes

why do you lot always have guns and knives if your pictures! lol :frowning: Just lying there on your tables and desks like it’s…normal??

Wow i’m so English…

I have like a cup of tea…maybe a dog on mine…

I need to up my game…

1 Like

Is that a banana in you pocket. Lol. Trust me, not all Americans have a gun or knives on the table.

1 Like

May I suggest getting a TV licence first before you think of a gun licence? lol.

don’t be ridiculous, no one gets tv licences anymore…lol :wink:

Totally gone and bought a 521 tab thanks to the inspirational @VapeyMama and @ozo - my bank balance hates me already :joy:

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with being spoiled from the beginning…

1 Like

Now that you done have to buy premade coils it
Will pay for itself over time.

My poor crown v1 tanks just sit idle with about 20 original premade coils. I estimate when when the FDA bans gear they will be worth their weight in gold.

3 Likes

same, pulled the trigger as soon as I saw this post haha…so very weak :disappointed:

1 Like