Help with Proper use of Nicotine salts in DIY

Hey Guys n Gals, Ive recently ordered some liquid nicotine salts to use for my personal DIY because I’m really trying to get away from the cigs which I still smoke 3-5 a day . Part of my problem is anything over a 6mg or so juice is just too harsh using the traditional freebase Nicotine so Ive ordered some Nic salt liquid form to hopefully get past that harshness, get just a little more Nicotine and get away from these stupid cigs for good.
Any information by some people who have worked with it first hand would be greatly appreciated. I would like to hit the equivalent of a nic level of 6-9mg using freebase Nic but with the Nic salt solution instead.

Thank you in Advance,

Tim

2 Likes

Hi Tim
Treat it exactly the same as freebase it is really not different in that respect. However you can go higher in the nicotine strength due to the lack of throat hit.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the info. I seem some people talkin 20mg to 40mg n stuff and I was like woah, that should kill a small horse lol

1 Like

Some devices like the juul use 50mg because they are so low powered. If you are using it in one of them you may need to go higher. It will depend greatly on your gear

1 Like

Oh I see, I use an alien 220 with a troll rda on about 80watts and an alien 85 on about 65 with a closed tank

1 Like

Yup use as you normally would - now one thing i did forget to mention that nic salts will be absorbed quicker than freebase to you may wanna start around 6 and move from there is required.

Some good info here > https://www.vapepassion.com/nicotine-salts-vs-freebase-nicotine/

3 Likes

great thanks man appreciate it . So because it absorbs faster a 6mg with nic salts may actually be like a 9mg of freebase nice hey? I’ll do some more reading, mucho gracias

2 Likes

It will be the same potency you will just feel it quicker

1 Like

I’m really hoping it gets me over the hump of the last few cigs a day habit I have

4 Likes

Keep at it you will get there - took me a little while to totally kick the smokes but since then i haven’t looked back.

Good luck

2 Likes

I agree, you will get there. I did the same thing. Then I was down to one a day, then one every couple days, then one a week, then one day I sat on the john, lit up… and was so disgusted with the taste, I could only smoke a third of it. Couple weeks later tried again, with the same result, and wham bam thank you maam, I quit. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I replied in the other thread where you posted the majority of the same question.

HOWEVER, there’s an important distinction with what you’re calling freebase…

1 Like