Hemp Wicking Tutorial

I use a cinnamon and a chocolate vape that both gunk coils fast

2 Likes

quick response, then i gotta get to workinā€¦
the only flavor i have vaped is the honeydew melon, at 1%ā€¦i mixed bottles of all the rest of the flavors i have at 1%, but havent tried them yetā€¦
so the caramel is a wee bit weak, huh? thats good to knowā€¦judging by the strength it is at, what you reckon i should bump that up to? so we have established that its weakā€¦but what about the flavor itself? is it good for a caramel?
and then the honeydew: how is that for just 1%?
and also, i havent forgotten: i told you i plan on sending you one last bottle of flavorā€¦and your input about the caramel will play a role in thisā€¦

2 Likes

So first things first, the honeydew was bitchin. Period. That stuff tastes like the fruit, Very impressed. .

Caramel, I would say for me is 3-4x too weak. But again, I ADV a strong caramel tobacco and have since I started vaping on commercial juice. Honestly, I canā€™t quite tell how good it is using my Bellus. I am going to drip it next, but need to rewick my stuff. My feeling, and I may not have been getting all the flavors, is that it might need some support to serve duty as a caramel (again my ADV. . .) for me. Now, up the flavor and maybe add some bourbon and butterscotch and I could see it giving flavors that no other caramel can. It could bring a lot of authenticity.

If you like caramel, tell me what %nic and Iā€™ll mix you my boogie. Itā€™s a clone, I did, but I get a lot of compliments in any case.

Hmm. . .not sure I like the sound of that last bit. Sounds like a trap.

3 Likes

JoJo, I am glad I scored a convert! At least there is one other than I! Haha, Uhhhm. Not sure if you noticed, but your description of, ehem,. . . wicking your dripper, . . .ehem. . .is a tiny bit, hmm. . .erotic?

I swear that in terms of nomenclature, vaping is the worst hobby ever invented. There isnā€™t anything related to this hobby that will sound close to normal to a civilian. You canā€™t just go out on the street and tell people you are wicking your dripper. Youā€™d get tazed.

6 Likes

ROFL Not intentional, I swear. Now that I read through it, youā€™re right. Iā€™m such a trollop. :laughing: It really is hard to discuss, especially with the uninformed, without sounding like a nympho.

Take priming puffs for instanceā€¦just suck really hard on it a couple of times without pushing the button to get the wick wetā€¦really, how else are you supposed to say that and it sound like anything other than innuendo? What a fun hobby we have. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Does this look like the same product you use. They have it on sale for $2.

http://www.greenremedy.com/product/green-remedy-hemp-wick-3-per-bag/

1 Like

Yes, that is the same stuff. Not sure on the quantity though. I believe my bag measured 9g without the card.

Do you intend to try it?

1 Like

I believe I will. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Please do, and thanks for the heads up. They even sell a CBD vape. I have some medical issues and may just have to check that out and pick up some more hemp too. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to think of how to respond to this with words other than just a like. Without additional elaboration I will say trollop to nympho in one sentence is freaking hilarious.

3 Likes

The fact you took the time to recommend and painstakingly demonstrate the proper use of hemp is a gift. Thank you friend. Your contribution is very much appreciated!

4 Likes

Quick Update on Wick Softening:

I re-wicked my dripper late Xmas eve and proceeded to taste flavors until now using my 46&2 drop method. Iā€™ve ran through about 50ml this way, not including the liquid I used to get rid of the hemp taste.

At this point, and I didnā€™t sleep Xmas eve, the fibers are starting to soften and become more manageable. My hunch is that one would need to soak for a good deal longer than 2 days in VG at room temperature. That said, when I do the experiment I am going to use 50/50 in the hopes that the PG will remove some of the flavor.

I really donā€™t want to focus too much on the flavor though, as I really donā€™t think it is that bad. Maybe if you are vaping unflavored juice it is a big deal, but if you are vaping ADV grade juice I think the flavor should be a non-issue for most. Still, I like solving problems.

A belated thank you to @SthrnMixer. I am trying to ad information where I can. You folks have upped my game a ton. I look back on how lame my juices were a year ago and just have to laugh. . .so thanks right back at you!

4 Likes

Ok, so I finally got a build on the goblin that I like for now. It is 7 wraps of 4x30g twisted Ti on a 2.5mm jig contact coilsā€¦my meter reads 0.05ohms and the DNA 0.08. The hemp is probably clogging a bit, even though Iā€™ve cut it as short as possible such that it will still fit in the channels. I think a little trimming might improve it. However, as I vape it more it seems to be wicking better.

3 Likes

Here I wicked a freakshow mini dripper. I used max vg juice and it seems to soften the hemp more. BuildBuilding this tiny dripper is a lot like an RBA. In this case Iā€™m 8 wraps of 24ga Ti spaced on a 2.5mm jig. Vapes like a monster. I really like the flavor of the tiny attys.

5 Likes

In a true moment of ironic FML the goblin build shorted immediately after I posted the above. I abondened the twisted 30ga and went 8 wraps spacedof 26ga on a 2.5mm jig. It vapes MUCH better.

2 Likes

I had originally built my aromamizer with 13 wraps of 26ga Ti, essentially a contact coil. However, the height of the coils and the sharp turns for the wick were a problem with hemp. The coils gummed quickly on juice that I can vape a month every day on a given build. I am still using the billow nano as wicked above.

I just rebuilt the aromamizer with 8 wraps of 26ga Ti in a dual vertical build.

4 Likes

One thing I also want to add in here is that the wicking performance increases slightly as the wick gets conditioned. Iā€™ve got maybe 4 fills through that Aromamizer build and it is slightly improved. Same for the goblin. I havenā€™t noticed this in my dipper builds, but these last two tanks especially seem to benefit from a couple of days soaking. As always YMMV.

3 Likes

@therabidweasel, If you ever need some more hemp Iā€™m sitting on about 3 kilos lol. I think I was one of the first distributors of this type of wick but my real work picked up and I had to abandon the project. Though looking now I feel like I would be generating a decent amount of cash. now that itā€™s winter things have slowed a bit, I might have to start selling wick again :wink:

3 Likes

Much thanks for the information.
Question about the gunking coils you mentioned, because of how your wick was it caused your coil to gunk up ?.. Iā€™m curious about this oneā€¦ Also curious to the builds/wicking, does anyone know anything on this? I still like my Clapton for flavors but havenā€™t tried TC with Tiā€¦ And the Clapton seems to cake up faster, but also holds a ton of juice which I figured was the causeā€¦
Def be grabbing the hemp wick next ill drip 10mls and wash that flavor outā€¦ Did the wick you soaked help with washing the flavor out?.. Iā€™m really all for hemp over everything. Much better material than cotton in general. If you guys have dogs than you know a wet collar can spell disaster. A hemp collar doesnā€™t react like that. I feel like this would mean you can leave a hemp wick in far longer than a cotton one.

2 Likes

I am interested.