Holiday Taste Pairings - Whisky/Bourbon flavors eg?

We are soon into the Holiday times… and eg. eggnog mixvariants even in diy is getting more interesting.

Why just eggnogs? What about Whisky, Bourbon , Brandy, Rum and such?

Vanilla is so…vanilla. Vanilla and Bourbon is an improvement, but if you want to have even more fun in experince delicious taste , why not consider these flavor pairings together with vanilla and Whisky or Bourbon? :

mint, pecans, and/or chocolate, marshmallow, butterscotch , cherry, or even coffee.

What about Whisky/Bourbon and Candy?

On their own, neither Chocolate or Peanut Butter are overly sweet, but combine them, along with correct sweetness, and you will have reached next-level sweetness. Together with Whisky or Bourbon you reach another dimesion of taste by richness.

Think about it… what do many of this Alcohols have by nuances? Caramel, vanilla, smoke, oak., They have mainly a darker mellow deep sweetness, that couls complement even candys superbly!

A Bounty Bar, cutted in flavor with the spiciness of a lighter-bodied Whisky, Bourbon even Rum, would echoing the manner in which coconut, sweetness, and spice brilliantly coexist in Caribbean style of taste

The trifecta of caramel, peanut, and nougat of a Snickers Bar pairs masterfully with a rich Whisky or Bourbon with the added depth provided by the whisky. This proves that even the most casually consumed snack can be improved by the addition of the right alcoholflavor.

Bourbon is already pushing the sweetness and caramel flavor forward, and the caramel candy just picks it up and carries it across the finish line,

Malted milk core of a Whoppers pairs well with a Whisky, particularly when the malt sweetness is allowed to shine …

Bourbon oak vanilla or a oak marmalade blend marvelously with a malty, milk-chocolaty candy.

The apex of peanut butter and chocolate combinations close to demands a rich, full Bourbon.

Rich whisky meets even richer caramel and adds a bit of spicy tasteimpact for complexity and flavor.

Still just wanna use a eggnog? :wink:

Rum flavors have a nice deep brown sugar/ caramellic sweetness, as even the fruity Brandys, eg.

Whisky and Bourbons touch spiced notes and humle deep sweetness with barrelnotes, fits perfect in many mixes.

Even pine/juniper noted Gin flavors is to be found… and to make it more a festive… what about Sparkling Wine, Champagne and Moscat sparkling notes?

All alcoholflavors dont have any alcohol, just the flavornotes, and differences by how strong nuances of eg. caramellic, vanilla sweetness or oakbarrels.

Be creative, to reach next levels of pleasure!

4 Likes

Not everything has to be nog and alcohol… I smashed 2 pies together, @leaded

Try it out, if you have my flavors… it turned out very nice with only a week of steeping. :crazy_face:
but very good suggestions from you too… sometimes it pays to think outside the “box” we place our flavors in.

3 Likes

I think I’ve mentioned a million times that my mom is a HUGE bourbon flavor fan (doesn’t drink alcohol ironically) I’m trying to come up with bourbon inspired vapes for her because even though she says she’s perfectly content with one flavor 24/7 it’s driving me nuts … so today she gave me these ideas to try

Bourbon and Honey Bun
Bourbon and Seven up/Sprite

Should be an interesting challenge if anyone wants to jump in and help

This is my flavor stash https://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/27039 so not sure what I can pull off yet I have two bourbons… Bourbon FLV and Kentucky Bourbon TPA (not sure if you’d consider aged bourbon cream actually bourbon?)

3 Likes

FLV and TFA play nice together (i don’t have rf); but to make the bourbon more authentic and as it should be (boozy) i would add some Bourbon VTA or Scotch Whiskey VTA.

Lemon Lime Soda WF is 7up/Sprite with no effervescence. For more carbonated and authentic version you could add some Fizzy Sherbet VTA (or Blood Orange Champagne VTA if orange doesn’t bother you).

WS23 / Polar Blast FA to your taste.

5 Likes

You should let me send you NicVapes Boubon. I hate bourbon and I got it as an extra. (they sent it free). It’s not even open. I have been trying to find someone to give it to so hopefully you want it. Here is JOJO’s taste notes on it.

3 Likes

Hailey’s Comet - mingles all of them in this decadent summer sipper that thankfully can be more frequent an indulgence than Halley’s Comet, its similarly named astronomical occurrence. “Peaches are in season toward the end of summer and partner perfectly with bourbon,” she says. “You can imagine peaches, blackberries, almond and cream combining to make a perfect dessert, so why not a cocktail?”

3 Likes

The Cold Comfort Cocktail

1.2 bourbon sc rf
2 jd whisky mb
1 vapermeister ssm
.3 orange liquor ssm
1.5 pineapple inw
1 juicy lemon inw
.4 walnut inw
.4 rosemary inw
.4 exotic roots inw
.3 gingifer lt
.3 hibiscus ssm
.3 maple syrup fa
.6 madagascar vanilla classic fa

Could close to be drinked…

3 Likes

Soltero Y - translated “simple and tasty” in Spanish, or as Peruvian slang for an attractive single person. Bourbon and mango with a light chilibite and lime freshness.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Dan, I’d definitely be willing to try it. Bourbon is one of the few flavors my mom can taste so I’m always open to anything bourbon

2 Likes

This is the one I make for my mom that she uses as her ADV … Just to show how much bourbon she likes in her vape and the sweetness that goes with it. I have tried to alter some of these percentage because they are a bit high but this is what she can taste.

2 Likes

That flv bourbon is extremely high. anything over .4% is going to turn musty mushroomy.
but if she likes mushrooms… its there…

2 Likes

She loves it that way LOL and honestly I think the creams and cookie tame it all down because I’ve vaped it a few times with her and surprisingly it’s really good.

3 Likes

As long as she does, that is what matters… We all taste things different… :grinning:

3 Likes

I know her taste buds are shot

2 Likes

Brandy with bergamot and another rounder orange only needs some velvet of a custard and perhaps even set all that on your favorite ice cream base for a hint of the holiday fire in your new cashmere sweater she knit while you are grabbing for the new leather battery door of your triade someone slipped into your stocking. Perhaps soak your favorite dense sponge cake topped with strawberries in a brandy mix like this.

3 Likes

Agreed and that Brandy, Bergamot and orange make Grand Mariner someone else had that in the notes and I tried it and sure enough that’s what it tasted like.

2 Likes