Home Distilling to Make Flavor Extracts

Yeah, @daath shared a video of a guy building a pressure vessel to do that. Pressure was up around 1500psi. I don’t think I want to go through all that trouble and danger. :slight_smile:

1500 psi is like the pressure washer I bought to wash our house, and we have an extra Sears $500 one in the garage that needs repair. If I shoot it at my foot, it hurts but it doesn’t do any damage if it hits me for just a second. I had no idea the freezing process involved pressure, so I can see why that process would be eliminated.

1500 psi propelling fluid through the air is nothing really because it is fluid and there is nothing containing it. So when it hits you it changes shape and direction. Imagine a 1" square bar that weighed 1500 pounds was being supported above your foot. If that fell and hit your foot, bye bye foot.

1500 psi inside a vessel that is released all at once if something gave way would be a pretty big explosion. And anything in the path of the debri would have some pretty large holes to show for it.

I can imagine.