How do I stop my black merino shirts getting sweat marks?

Ever tried making your own?

4 table spoons of coconut oil
3 table spoons of baking soda
2 table spoons of corn flour
Half a table spoon of olive oil
A few drops of essential oil to your liking for some fragrance, that is, if you want.

It works for me.
The only other thing I can think of is stop moving completely so you don’t sweat.

edit
Coconut oil, unless the weather is very hot, is solid.
You have to put it in some hot water first to melt it.
When it starts to solidify, you have to stir it quite often to prevent the other ingredients ending up all on the bottom.

Sorry about that bro, that will probably make you sweat. Don’t wear your black merino shirt when you do this. :wink:

2 Likes

Try Native for natural deodorant. They have a sensitive skin option with several different scents. They are pricey but if you like the scents they are worth it!

I used to get ingrown hairs and raised, irritated rashes from my deodorant and shaving and stuff, before I switched. Also had issues with breakthrough sweating and B.O. … :blush: NOT ANY MORE!

I know I sound like a sales pitch but I’m for real, here. Y’all see me in here all the time and know I only say something if I have something (I think, anyway, lol) worthy of posting…

As for @Guido_Possum’s issue…? I would suggest using the hot cycle on your washer but doesn’t that make wool shrink? With regular, nonshrinking fabric, the solution would be to pretreat with detergent, use heavy duty cycle, switched to hot wash/cold rinse… BUT NOT FOR MERINO WOOL!!

That’s all I’ve got.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info and I may give it a try. For about 20 years I tried all different kinds of deodorant, but each caused some issues. It got so bad that I had to have surgery and because of inflammation and allergic reactions they had to remove the sweat glands under one arm. Gotta say, that surgery sucked and so did the recovery. After that, I tried many others, but as soon as I started getting “the feeling” again, I stopped. For many years I have used alum and body powder (which is no longer talc, but corn starch). Since switching, I’ve never had an issues.

3 Likes