How do YOU decide a battery is safe

Most chargers will say 100% when fully charged but batterys are charged to 97% to prevent over charges. It’s a safety thing.

3 Likes

ya I know but there is alot more stress and wear on the battery once you hit the 90’s

My DNA mod auto selected 93% in escribe when i chose battery saver profile and I just stuck with it

2 Likes

I assume you have options for 1 amp or less. 3 amps would be very unhealthy for your batteries. I’ve seen the brand name around for a bit, but in all honesty, I don’t know much about it, good or bad. Based on recommendations, I’ve only used nitecore, xtar and the opus models. The opus has been the best so far, mainly for being able to customize the individual battery bays.

4 Likes

I always roll at 500 mah, for longevity.

3 Likes

Both my DNA mods don’t care. When first inserted they both read 97%. My charger only charges at 1 amp at the most. I have married battery’s that are approaching 4 years old and some 1 year. All 18650 are rated 30 and 35 amp.

2 Likes

yea you can manually charge each bay from 0.25 - 3 amps individually
main reason i went for this over opus is the internal resistance testing

Did you get probes with your dragon?

3 Likes

I did, but never used them. I think there was something about the design I didn’t like. I think the tips were spring-loaded, maybe. Can’t remember exactly what it was.

3 Likes

not gonna lie I find it funny you don’t like the probes design
they are just probes lol

its actually a pretty good idea though because with those you can get a better internal resistance measure

this is really finnicky for chargers to do accurately because there is resistance in the chargers circuits already

wish mine could do that

3 Likes

If that’s what it was then I probably couldn’t use it. I have radiculopathy that affects my right arm and hand. It makes utilizing anything spring loaded a problem.

3 Likes

the radiculopathy how did that happen if you don’t mind me asking?
does it get worse if your arm is overhead?

2 Likes

Don’t know. Had a nerve test done after complaining of numbness, pain and tingling from my shoulder to fingertips and they kept asking if I had fallen or been in a car accident or somehow injured my neck, but I hadn’t. Ever.
There’s no trigger (other than a cold breeze hitting my arm or hand), but it can go off at anytime. The worst thing is when the thumb moves inward toward the palm and just locks up there. I have to pull on it with my other hand to get it functioning again. Really sucks.

3 Likes

I had severe right sided symptoms, numbness, spasms, purple hand, collarbone, unstable right shoulder, pain in the Pec. could not lie down on right side it was diagnoised as thoracic outlet syndrome

after over a year of this i finally talked to a physical therapist who specialiZes in this sort of thing and it turns out it was actually a lateral pelvic tilt. It was actually the LEFT side causing all my problems

sure enough specific exercises loading the left hip makes all my symptoms worse i got it bad from so much assymetrical loading, delivering mattresses, forestry etc it causes a massive rotation that affects the whole body especially the right shoulder

Everyone has a lateral tilt its normal, but if it gets bad it can cause some serious and weird side effects and I would not be surprised if thats whats going on after all the weirdness i went through

you should really look into lateral pelvic tilt and MAYBE Left AIC pattern right BC pattern. Postural restoration institute has helped alot of people

I can probably send you some links to some videos that may help

3 Likes

After a couple of years of use I replace my batteries. I mark each new pair with a date and number. The old batteries get moved over to my LED flashlights.

4 Likes

your mods don’t care but your batteries might

“Most Li-ions charge to 4.20V/cell, and every reduction in peak charge voltage of 0.10V/cell is said to double the cycle life. For example, a lithium-ion cell charged to 4.20V/cell typically delivers 300–500 cycles. If charged to only 4.10V/cell, the life can be prolonged to 600–1,000 cycles; 4.0V/cell should deliver 1,200–2,000 and 3.90V/cell should provide 2,400–4,000 cycles”

4 Likes