How do you stir your mix? Poll / Thoughts

I dumps all my stuff in a chubby gorilla and tosses it in the dryer for an hour. On delicate of course.

6 Likes

I shake the hell of my bottles using and electric carving knife. Using stainless steel plumbing straps

3 Likes

Shake the shit out of the bottle immediately after mixing. Then shake again periodically until done steeping.

3 Likes

I started out just shaking and shelving, but that gets tiresome if you’re doing a few mixes at a time. Built a diy magnetic stir plate, then I just bought one and haven’t looked back. The ultrasonic homogenizer machines look slick, but they’re a few grand! Lol

3 Likes

Why wait to add nic? Curious

1 Like

Because of the way that I mix-I use VG that’s been heated in a hot water bath. The VG is last to go in the bottle when I first make a bottle of juice, so I’m using the heat of the VG as a sort of “speed steeping” process. This “speed steeping” gets an extra kick by using the small wand mixer/milk frother, as the speed of the mixer blades get a good amount of air into the juice(Evidenced by the juice having an opaque appearance) With the heat+the air introduced, I didn’t want to oxidize the nicotine, so I add it after the juice has steeped for a bit. I’ve not had a problem with oxidized nicotine in my mixes as of yet(I’ve only been mixing since January of this year), but after having a bunch of juice with oxidized nicotine from vendors, it’s not something I want from my juices. I’m probably being overly cautious, but it’s my nature to be so…

2 Likes

Im also kinda in the none of the above… I use a Philips Senseo Milk Twister (a magnetic milk frothier with and without heat) that I got with me Senseo coffee machine that was collecting dust. I normally run it twice on cold mix and end with a hot mix and it really seems to cut down on the steeping for me and haven’t had any nic oxidation issues either.

1 Like

I did that very thing. Except I did it with several different methods. I should have posted the results. Suffice it to say, I now shake and leave. Like @Ken_O_Where I give it another shake or two the day before I am ready to vape.

Lately I have been mixing shake and vapes. Flavorah is great for that

3 Likes

I picked manual stirring but i use a frother

Cheap and efficient

2 Likes

Not one “Shaken not stirred.” joke? REALLY!?

I am disappointed in you ELR.

9 Likes

Not one “Shaken not stirred.” joke? REALLY!?

I am disappointed in you ELR.

Don’t laugh. There is a big difference between the two. It actually shows that the collective ELR group is pretty smart chemistry wise. The reactions that Nic and also many flavor components go through is part of basic chemistry know as “oxidation reduction reactions”.

This is the same reaction we are all familiar with when, for example, Iron rusts. First it was elemental Iron, then in the presence of Oxygen it turns into Iron Oxide, a molecule with completely different characteristics and behavior. For example one is electrically conductive and one is not. One has the great mechanical strength of a metal, one is frangible and has very little strength. On and on it goes. Understanding chemistry is understanding reactions and what conditions start or stop them. Examples of Triggers for reactions that turn stable mixes of chemicals into unstable ones are everywhere. Every time you strike a match you turn stability into a violent reaction that proceeds on its own.

When deciding on a method of mixing your recipes, you would be well advised to choose one dissolves the least amount of Oxygen into the mix. I heard several references to people using several methods that “froths” the mix, then they let it sit and settle out. Humm, that is not the method that I would put at the top of my list.

7 Likes

And how does that make Bond jokes not funny?

I get that chemistry matters mind, but jokes man.

5 Likes

And how does that make Bond jokes not funny?

I get that chemistry matters mind, but jokes man.

I didn’t say the joke wasn’t funny. Everyone like to laugh at a dumb bartender. I would point out what we laugh at is often on the knife-edge of our understanding of a reality that should be obvious, but somehow, isn’t. I think that’s what makes many jokes “funny” they sit in a place between our understanding and our misunderstanding. When we suddenly realize “what’s really happening” in reference to the joke then we laugh. I don’t know why we react that way. Laugh, Cry, those reactions are very weird. But both involve a reaction to a sudden understanding of something.

I think Bond was saying that now well know phrase to the bartender for a reason. He was saying. “You do understand that there is a difference don’t you?” He makes the bartender the butt of the joke, turning the sharp point of uncomfortable misunderstanding away from us. We all laugh along at the bartender as Bond points out what a dull blade he is… But in the process we learn something from it.

3 Likes

Did I somehow stumble into the “Psychology Today” forum by accident?

5 Likes

Amazing +3char

1 Like

I like my martinis stirred when I’m sober and shaken when I’m drunk.
I like to shake my ejuice when I’m sober, I don’t mix when I’m drunk.

7 Likes

Please indulge us and elaborate regarding the differences. Not all of us are chemists. Many of us are lowly electronic engineers and of other dissimilar disciplines.

3 Likes

I didn’t think you were that particular about your martinis. Wait … is there a sub-conscious reason you said that? Was it really a cry for help? :laughing:

4 Likes

Lol! No help needed here. Well… that’s not true. I’m sure I need some help. But not with martinis. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m “all in” on magnetic stirring and like @Flavologist I don’t use heat.

8 Likes