How much flavouring?

Well I’m open to any recommendations. I’ve been seriously thinking of trying Capella but it’s a bit expensive. Flavourmill’s prices are much more affordable.

1 Like

I would try capella, tpa, flavor west or whatever you can swing with your budget. You’re going to have much more success with mixing if you use flavors that already have some info on the calculator side. And if you’re not tasting a banana flavor at 6-7% then its gotta be a very weak flavor and you’ll end up having to use a lot more than other brands.
One more thought, and please don’t take this the wrong way… Are you quite sure that your banana is a concentrated flavor and not premixed ejuice? Others have made that mistake before.

1 Like

hehehe, no, I’m brunette lol…

2 Likes

Just checking. :wink:

1 Like

But your advice is taken, I’m going try Capella and see if there is an improvement.

2 Likes

and thanks for your interest :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No prob. Good luck!

1 Like

The answer is exactly 15%. No more. No less.

:rofl:

Seriously, the amount of flavoring used is very much a matter of personal taste. I personally do shoot for a general guide of 13%-15% but that’s just me. Some flavorings are just stronger than others, and the taste will intensify as the juice steeps. That said, I have been making juice for many years and have never made a recipe using more than 17% flavoring. I have seen recipes listed here that use over 25% which I personally think is too much and would never do, but to each their own.

If I am using a new flavoring I first use the manufacturer’s recommended percentage and I always check the flavor notes here to see what others recommend for the median amount for a single flavor recipe. As for brands of flavoring, I stick to the usual suspects of Capella, Flavor Apprentice, Flavor West, and Flavor Art. I also use One On One who has some pretty good and unique flavors but is more expensive, even with a 25% ELR discount.

2 Likes

A friend of mine had his own company and had he not chased a skirt to a foreign land it would probably be open and prospering still. That being said he allowed me access to some of the recipes from Bionic Vapor. I can’t believe it but per him all the juices on his site were 30% flavoring. I use his recipes but have toned them down to between 18 to 25% flavoring. I know some are gonna have a heart attack over me saying that but a lot of it depends on what you intend on vaping them in too. I strictly use sub ohm tanks I don’t do my coils I only use factory coils and IMHO they don’t deliver as much flavor as what you wouldl get on an RDA or the likes.

I need to add that he only used Capella and TPA flavorings, there are many out there that are more concentrated than them.

You were right Sis, I bought Capella flavorants and over-mixed a brew by 10ml so I used it directly as a shake and vape, and the difference between the Flavormill stuff and these is chalk and cheese. Even as a SnV the Capella has more taste…

:kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Awesome!! :grinning:

1 Like