I need some thoughts on a recipe

To bad man i could have bought some to help you out. Good luck

1 Like

I gather (from your mention of TPD) that you’re somewhere in the EU., so I guess you won’t want to order the Holy Vanilla from DIYFS (in the USA) if you can possibly avoid it. (also, you can’t order it from the place linked to, because they don’t do International Shipping)
Luckily, I just noticed the other day, that they are now stocking it at RainbowVapes in the UK :slight_smile:
Hmmm, might buy some myself if, by chance , it 's PG-free. (Anyone know?)

Holy vanilla is pg based. Flavor shack does have vg based flavorings as well but not Holy vanilla.

If you were in the states, dropping dawn a email could be helpful, since she might be able to assist with that. However since you guys are in the UK or EU, I don’t see a possibility in requiring these with customized bases and you’ll be stuck with the product as is, which unfortunately is pg.

3 Likes

Ah well. I’m not too cut up about it since I now have Holy Vanilla’s closest rival, Vanilla (MF) in my stash :grinning: . Was just being greedy.
My main point was that the OP can buy Holy Vanilla from a more convenient source. And I might add that I’m ever-more-impressed by RainbowVapes as a supplier, period.
Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

What’s the problem? Basically the OP is requesting a clone recipe from his favorite e-juice and he’s giving the main ingredients. No matter how different people taste, the recipe for that e-liquid will remain the same.

@Teo9 That advice to get the flavors and test them separately is worth gold. Learn the strengths of your flavors, and match them up to how you remember them in the original liquid.
Take a 10ml bottle, start mixing, vape and see what’s missing… adjust, and repeat until you have the right %.

Median use % on the flavor pages are a great start but you may have to increase/decrease for the end result, depending on how prominent the flavor in the original recipe is.
And remember that it’s always easier to add flavor than to take away… start low and add until you think it’s just right. While you’re at it, you can keep adding until you cross the point where the flavor gets bad or muted. Always keep notes when you’re testing.

7 Likes

Thanks for the tips :smiley: I will let you know if I make something nice out of it

5 Likes

You can get it at chefs too, that’s where I got it.

I’m in the EU and Dawn is responding to my emails…
This is the first time I hear that email is restricted by country. Heck, I don’t even know what country my mailbox is in :wink:

1 Like

Nothing to do with the ingredients but the strength of the ingredients, since he asked for a starting or overall percentage. My whole post should have made that clear, but I guess not.

Also not sure how you came to that conclusion. Point was if you were in the states, I’m sure dawn could have done some custom. Not saying she won’t if you outside the state, but it can create a hassle for the buyer due to maybe higher cost, since HV is already not cheap. As well as the seller that might run into issues with your guys regulations.

But I see this morning you just like to argue for the sake of arguing, taking sentences I wrote and read stuff that doesn’t even stand there. Because I tried helping? Next time drop me a pm I make sure to argue with you all day about the stuff you post.