I QUIT Smoking by VAPING. The DATE, My STORY

Thanks, if it wasn’t for ELR and the many friends I have made here it would have been a tougher road, but with ELR it was smooth sailing.

6 Likes

The day I quit smoking is a day I will never forget. I have been a pack to a pack and 1/2 smoker for over 40 years. I tried everything, pills, patches, gum and the worst cold turkey, which we all know just turns into a person you never knew exsisted in side you. On 03-11-2018 at 10:35 am, my DH and I decided to go to a local vape shop and see what it was all about. We got in our truck, got there fairly quickly and stubbed our cigarettes. We walked in told the owner what we wanted to do. We bought what he recommended and left. Started vaping and haven’t looked back. Vaping changed our lives, so much so, my DH, went back to the vape store took a picture of the door and told the owner “there are only two doors I have walked through that truely changed my life, one was a church door and other was yours!” We have not touched a cigeratte since. Looking forward to a cigarette free life!!

12 Likes

Congratulations, @vape_lip_likah ! That’s an awesome share. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats. Keep it up.

2 Likes

@vape_lip_likah Great quit story. Enjoy the freedom !!!

1 Like

I love that story :grin: And I’d like to congratulate your vape shop owner for having the expertise to set you up correctly. Wish I had walked into that shop when I was trying to quit. Bravo!

2 Likes

I don’t normally take the time to write on these threads and feel guilty for it. I quit smoking 100÷ the same day I started vaping 3 years ago after 21 years of heavy smoking and at least a gazzillion quit attempts. That’s not why I’m answering this thread though. I hope everyone here knows about the upcoming proposal to ban flavored vaping products in the USA. Time is running out, but we can all help by posting a story about how vaping FLAVORED liquid helped us to quit smoking. Every post helps! https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/03/21/2018-05655/regulation-of-flavors-in-tobacco-products

4 Likes

Feb 15 2018 after 45 yrs found a e-liq Jabako out of minn. Have not even think of reqular smoking anymore.

7 Likes

hi, my name is Allang, this and I’d love to share my story of how I quit smoking. First I would like to say congrats Alisa!!! Good work!!
I am almost 35 and have smoked cigarettes and cannabis via bong since I was 13, at times very very heavy smoking of over an ounce of cannabis and a pouch of tobacco a day. now I am proud to say I haven’t had a bong since January…
When I quit bongs I went to smoking cigarillos heavily, I was smoking a box (10 packets) a week. Just before I found vaping I was smoking 2 cigarillos at a time… My friend introduced me into vaping and I haven’t looked back!!! I haven’t smoked a bong or cigarillo since I got my first vape mod and I’m proud as can be to say I am not a smoker anymore.
Subohming has literally saved my life. I started out with a reuleaux rx 300 4 battery mod which helped me placebo my mind into thinking I was holding a bong… And the flavours I got from my ejuice helped me deal with the loss of lovely flavours I used to enjoy from smoking cannabis… I get even better flavours from ejuice then I ever got from pot. The benefits are numerous… My dentist is happier with me, my doctor has now changed my file to non smoker for the first time since I was 13!! My health has improved, my quality of life has improved and all in all I love myself more knowing I am adding years to my life by eliminating carbon monoxide and the rest from my system.
I’ve said enough I think, so I’ll end it with this, I no longer have any desire to have a cigarette/cigarillo or a joint/bong… Just hand me my vape mod and I’m a Happy man.
Allang here saying good job Alisa welcome to the ever increasing proud group of non smokers that are we vapers.
Vape on family!!

10 Likes

Hi all, started smoking at age 13 and i’m 44 now. Smoked about 30 cigarettes by day. 4 years ago I tried the fitst e-cigarettes but it didn’ work for me. I couldn’t do one day without a real cigarette. At work we have to go outside to smoke and although already a lot of people where vaping instead of smoking I didn’t pay attention because of my bad experiende with the first e-cigarettes. Two weeks ago I met a collegue who had switched to vaping and didn’t smoke a cigarette since. That made me curious about vaping and few days later I baught my vaping kit with the intention to combine smoking and vaping. This was 10 days ago and I smoked my last cigaret on my way to the vapor shop. At the moment I didn’t realise it would be my last cigaret. First days I had some hard moments and sometimes craved for a cigaret. Now I don’t crave anymore. I even don’t think about cigarettes anymore. I can smell someone smoking from 50 meters if the wind is in the good direction and yeah, I realise now how much cigarettes stink. With what I know now I would have started vaping much sooner. Here in Belgium vaping is leagally the same as smoking and that’s a pitty. When I go vape outside at work I have to go mingle with the smokers…I guess Belgian gouvernment is scared of loosing the money they make on taxes they obtain from tobacco. They even forbid buying most vapor related stuff on the internet. We can’t buy coils, mods or products with nicotine on the internet. So I guess in my country there is still al ot of work to convinve people and gouvernment that vaping makes stop smoking very easy.
I’m happy to be part of the vaping community!!! Vape on fellow vapers! :wink:

10 Likes

Welcome @e-mag, and you ARE in the right place !!!

4 Likes

well yesterday was my vaporversery, one year ago a friend helped me get started and despite the fact that I carried my smokes around for 2 weeks “Just in case”, i never went back and haven’t had a puff since. Since then i’ve helped 2 others quit smoking and i’ve learned one thing for sure - there’s a lot of different types of vapers and gear, and what works for everyone is a little different. If you try and you’re finding it hard, you haven’t got the right gear for you. If you have the right gear for you, you won’t have to try hard at all. So for those who’ve tried in the past and didn’t find it worked, try again and maybe go a different route. Some people really seem to win big with MTL pod systems (which are flooding the market right now), Others do better with tanks and mods. Try different juices, etc. When you find what works for you, quitting becomes easy.

9 Likes

/stands and applauds

Single most accurate and concise piece of advice I’ve seen for someone trying to quit in quite a while!

Well said, and congrats on your one year mark!!

5 Likes

HI everyone, I’m new to the forum. :slight_smile:

I started smoking when I was 12 to keep in with my mates. That was 36 years ago. I was on 50 a day when I quit smoking on 24th Feb this year by accident!

I hadn’t even given quitting any serious thought but one day things seemed to just fall into place.

My son was told he might be getting custody of his son, so we should probably quit smoking. The next day I met someone for something totally unrelated and the conversation came up. She was an expert!

She sat with me while looking for the Nautilus Mini kit on the slowest tablet ever, until we found it and ordered. Had a little more trouble getting the eliquid online because apparently I didn’t exist, but I knew what to look for.

A friend who walks my dog (I’m housebound), kindly went to the local vape shop and got me 3 bottles of a tobacco flavour. It was horrible, but no worse tasting than smoking, so I thought, why not!

I had 8 packs of cigs in the house but for the next 3 days I just had 2 a day. Then on the 3rd day (24th Feb) I had my last one, or half of one because it was gross!! I can’t remember now how I got the Bakewell Tart juice, but that did it! Not smoked since! :smile:

Already building coils and mixing ready made concentrates, but now want to play lol. Bought a load of nice sounding concentrates in a sale and ready to experiment. Was referred here by someone on another forum. Look forward to getting to meet you all :smile:

9 Likes

Welcome @Jackymax heaps of great info here for you to digest and loads of great people to help out if you need it.

5 Likes

Thanks! Been trying to learn how to navigate the site first. Putting in all the flavours I already have etc. But I’ll get there :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome @Jackymax!!

6 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

4 Likes

Great share! Pleased to meet you, and glad you found your way here!

Sounds like you’re off to a great start, and a hearty congratulations on making the switch!!

3 Likes

hi all,my name is brandy.
i was a smoker for 33 years,from 12 years old untill i was 46.i quite both times i gottt pregnant but went rite back to it.i hated it but could not stop.my daughter made comment about how muchshe hates the smell or just being around it,well the next day i went out a bought my vape,mind you i had tried a vape once before and it was the old pen kind…what a joke it just made me want a cig even more.so i thought i would give it a go again,so happy i did.i have been smoke free for a year now , i started out at 12 and quite nicotin three months later.i have my husband and son vaping now ,i have got into it so much i have 23 styles of mods …i build my own coils and make my own juice.congrads to all that have over came the nail in the coffin

13 Likes