I'm overwhelmed

Im here at work as a mixologist and man i went from 80 personnal stash to over 350 flavors i think we on the same boat haha.

1 Like

Iā€™m still a noob at this but for what itā€™s worth; this is my current methodā€¦
I had a similar experience when I received my first DIY vapemail (about a month ago). I had order about 70 something flavors, a scale, some bottles and other miscellaneous DIY must-haves based off of a metric-shit-ton of reading here on ELR. A huge THANK YOU to the community here at ELR! Absolutely awesome group of people with a practically endless wealth of information (and smartassery humor)!

All my goodies arrived (for the most part) in the span of a few days. So, xmas came early and after unwrapping all my new presents (that I sent myself); I just kinda sat there, eyes glazed over (like a freshly made doughnut vape) and pondered my next move. ā€œI need a strategy! ā€¦a plan!ā€

Started getting anxious, a little ā€œedge of knife feelingā€ creeping in to the back of my mindā€¦ and where are those damned voices coming from!

Swoooooshā€¦ Mmm custardy nicotineā€¦ Feeling much better after fogging it up a bit; I decide to dive in with my usual level of tact and grace, full-face-plant. A bit unorthodox in my methods, I just start sniffing all my bottles like a fat kid in a candy store. No time for notes or documentingā€¦ screw that, learn by doing damnit! (these are the voices I was telling you aboutā€¦)

Mmm, this smells good, set that to the side. Ooo, and this one too! (not even reading labels at this point). Sniff-sniff this, sniff-sniff thatā€¦ ā€œHoly F-nā€™ shit-turds! I bought this oneā€¦? WTF is that!? Whew, gonna sit that one way in the backā€¦ in the way way backā€¦ā€

This is my normal processā€¦ Please donā€™t call any authorities to help me, I got thisā€¦ Plus I already called them and they want no part of my issuesā€¦

Now that I have 5-10ā€¦ severalā€¦ whateverā€¦ bottles of really nice smelling flavors; the fun is over. Time to document the crap out of this horrid, abomination of a bloody mess Iā€™m about to give life to. ā€œLet the experiments begin!ā€

Itā€™s not just me that does this rightā€¦? Rightā€¦? Anybodyā€¦?

TL;DR Note: I am a complete moron that clearly has no F-nā€™ clue what Iā€™m doing and no one should ever listen to a single thing I sayā€¦Evar!

P.S. You like them semicolons donchaā€¦ Yea ya doā€¦

8 Likes

LOL, thatā€™s about as clever a response as I will get :slight_smile:

But, your recount of the day you got your first stash reminds me of myself. When I first got mine I had zero idea what I was doing. Also didnā€™t have a scale, and idea about percentages of flavorings, nothing. I made some real tasty shit back then let me tell you. Can you pick the operative word out of that last sentence?

3 Likes

I choked on my coffee laughing with you on that one! haha :smiley:

Yesā€¦ been there, only not as severely, as I never had quite so many new flavorings at once, but same feelingā€¦ yup.

2 Likes

This is very good. Another really helpful tool Iā€™ve just started using is looking at some cook books that have been gathering dust at home. Got me looking at this diy juicing in a different way.

Very good for learning to pair flavors also. I sometimes Google dessert recipes, ice cream, cookie and smoothie to find excellent flavor pairing ideas.

2 Likes

Yes, and mixed drink recipes can inspire as well. I am about to post one to the New Recipe Showcase thread Iā€™ve been working on for several weeks.

2 Likes

You guys got me thinking about yogurt, whats a good one so I can order it?

I have FA and itā€™s pretty good. I also read that Flavorahā€™s is really great.

Flavorahā€™s is the only yogurt I have, but it is very good.

I should be receiving an order from Flavorah today. In it is Greek Yogurt. When I ordered I didnā€™t see plain Yogurt. Do you know if itā€™s the same just renamed or is it entirely different?

1 Like

I really donā€™t know. Looks like theyā€™ve either reformulated or just changed the name.
Iā€™ll try to remember to contact them and ask.

Ok. Just called them. He said they just added the ā€˜Greekā€™ to the name to give it a better description. Same yogurt as before.

2 Likes

Thanks. Thatā€™s what I figured seeing how good their Yogurt is.

2 Likes

Did you scoff at him and say ā€œGeez! now @daath has to rework the database AGAIN!ā€? LOL

2 Likes

hehe I just merged Yogurt (Flavorah) into Greek Yogurt (Flavorah) :smile:

2 Likes

If you get a minute, the (OoO) flavors are a mess too :wink:

I talked to Brendan today he said the name is the only difference !

Sorry @Alisa just saw your post.

1 Like

Since weā€™re talkinā€™ Gurtā€¦ I have a question. I recently picked up Creamy Yogurt (CAP) and Yogurt (FA) to try out with blueberry and strawberry but I only have limited info on these from a little searching. Then I noticed the Greek Yogurt (TFA), which I donā€™t have.

From what Iā€™ve been able to find (from several sources)ā€¦
Creamy Yogurt (CAP) - is similar to Yoplait, mostly sweet and itā€™s difficult to get the % right.
Yogurt (FA) - is kinda plain. Unsweetened plain, Gurt-light?
Greek Yogurt (TFA) - Like an out of tune guitarā€¦Twangy!

Does this sound about right?

Iā€™ve also found a gurt base mix by [ENYAWREKLAW]
8% (whatever fruit ya like)
0.5% Caramel (FA)
5% Creamy Yogurt (CAP)
1.5% Ethyl Maltol 10%
0.5% Meringue (FA)

Very interesting, but, Iā€™m thinking of subbing Custard (FA) for Caramel (FA) in this mix cause custard has a citrusy undertone to it that I think would make the twang more complex without being dominant. Like getting kicked in the mouth by someone with lemon feet (try to get that image out of your head). Plus, it should add that creamy ā€œmouthā€ feel to your gurt.

I have several versions in steep but just made them last night so I wonā€™t know anything until 2-4wks from now.

Thoughtsā€¦? Opinionsā€¦? Anything to addā€¦?

4 Likes

I think you have given a lot of thought to a yogurt vape. Interesting choice. I hope it turns out so we can all copy your hard work. Iā€™m chasing a scone myself. I donā€™t know why.

1 Like