Inawera Tasting Notes

Tell me about it. I promised myself last month or so that I would stop ordering for awhile and I’ve been ordering again and again and…I keep running into recipes that look yummy but I’m missing a flavour or two and there I go again and again and again.

1 Like

It’s never too late to order, editing however…
So the next order from INA should contain
Godfather
Cactus

1 Like

I

[quote=“Jimk, post:84, topic:14166, full:true”]
There’s always tomorrow! (ie: Godfather (INA)…yummy!)
[/quote]Just send a message to Inawera that I forgot 2 flavours and if it was possible to include them in the order I had just placed. Will save me additional shipping costs if they do.

1 Like

Just FYI, start out at a very small percentage with this flavor; it can overpower the mix really quickly! I found out the hard way!

2 Likes

That’s why I usually check out your recipes first. Why should I learn it the hard way if you can do it for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Vanilla for Pipe:

This is a very smooth, delicately sweet. yet rich, vanilla pipe tobacco. Virginian and Toasted Cavendish make the scene as the vanilla adds the sweet notes on the exhale. There is absolutely nothing harsh about this tobacco flavor. For those vapers who think you wouldn’t like a tobacco vape, this just might be your introduction to how a smooth and tasty tobacco vape can satisfy.

It could very well be a stand alone mix at 5 to 10%; the addition of Bavarian cream, meringue, Vienna cream, marshmallow or perhaps a custard would lend a hand in it’s enjoyment. It could easily be overpowered by stronger flavors in a mix, due to it’s delicate flavor, so be light handed with additions.

6 Likes

Good review @JimK… we can always count on you for the best flavors and brands. Thanks for all that you do for our community. You help make DIY a success.

4 Likes

The one in Spain has 210 flavours and is a bit more expensive. The one in Poland has 269 different flavours, so more choice there.

1 Like

Right, my Tiger’s Blood has steeped. The Inawera watermelon is not a sweet flavour. It is like the taste of fresh watermelon when you are getting close to the rind.

1 Like

Request by @Jimk, a list of the INA flavours I got today;
Cactus
Smoke and Prunes
Gold for Pipe
Vanilla for Pipe
Dark for Pipe
Black for Pipe
French Pipe
Plum
Peach
Rum x2
Cognac
Black Tea
Green Tea
Gold Ducat
Am4a
Desert Ship
Honey
Whiskey
Godfather :grinning: (Now you put your foot in your mouth)
Sesame
Sparkling Wine
Hazelnut
Kawa (Coffee)
7 Volwes
Shisha Strawberry
Vanilla Tahity

2 Likes

Nice! Thx!

There are about 7 of these I don’t have…I’ll be asking lots of questions! Enjoy. ; )

1 Like

I have some serious mixing ahead of me. I got myself a shitload of flavours in a very short time so now it is time to stop buying and start mixing. As a noob I always check out other peoples recipes for ideas, but now I seem to have a couple of flavours that no one else has and there are no recipes for it on ELR. I will have to strike out on my own :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can get a reputation that way…being a pioneer in the world of mixologists! So, put on your lab coat and get cooking! Your audience awaits!

Right, just put the pressure on :cold_sweat:
I added the French pipe to Fidel’s private stock II. I made it 3 days ago, figured I could add the missing ingredient when I got it. Subt it for the black mile.

1 Like

It’ll be good, I’m sure! The black mile was in the mix for a slight chocolate tobacco note. The French Pipe will no doubt be just as pleasant. I have some coming with a BCV order tomorrow! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Just made a few testbatches today. 2 ml VG, 2 drops of flavour. Left in een hot bad for a few hours so no actual steeping involved. Just for a first impression.
7 Volwes, I guess is Polish for wolves.
Is a very mild tobacco vape with notes of chocolate/coffee. It is in the Tino D’Milano line and is supposed to blend well with other tobacco’s. Will be overpowered very quickly by other flavours.

French Pipe; Lots of nuances in this one; cocao, vanilla, I taste a little biscuit at times. It is very hard to pin down and seems to change with every vape. Not an in your face pipe flavour, so like the Vanilla for Pipe that @Jimk did an excellent review on, which I second btw, I have just tried it, it might be to the liking of people who don’t like tobacco. Will also be quickly overpowered by other flavours.

Black for Pipe; now that is an in your face, strong, dark tobacco with a sweet note. It reminds me of the ultra dark, roll your own tobacco (without the sweet) I used to nick from my stepdad, until he decided to quit and switched over to cigars. so I switched too and got caught smoking cigars in the attic cause they stunk up the whole house :laughing: It is much stronger than;

Dark for Pipe which has a very nice pipe tobacco flavour with notes of brown sugar, rum and oak. It leaves a little ash aftertaste in the mouth that I’ve heard some (ex) smokers miss in most tobacco flavours.

3 Likes

Very nice! Oh I can’t wait to get home and open my vape mail I got today; got some of the same flavors you did! At least I know I’m coming home to something wonderful (other than my spouse)! Keep the tasting notes coming! It’s always good to see reviews of flavors one might add to their stash. : )

1 Like

I will do my noobie best. Seems like i’m in dire need of a spouse of my own though, it is 11 pm and I haven’t had any dinner yet. Too busy mixing and tasting. Frozen pizza time!

1 Like

INA Black for Pipe:

Completely agree with @Josephine_van_Rijn about this flavor. I’ve smoked a dark rich roll your own tobacco like this at some point in my life, but can’t remember the name of the tobacco! I guess there might be some pipe tobaccos like this somewhere. This is an awesome liquid! Sweetish, dark, rich, maybe a bit of caramel and yes, I can tastes the smoked plum! Can’t wait to add a bit of anise to this liquid. I’m thinking, perhaps single flavor at 5% and mixed at 3%. Some of the other for Pipe flavors were a bit strong after the steep at over 3%; thus, I’ll start low and go up from there. Very nice tobacco flavor for the tobacco lover.

3 Likes

INA Captain Jack for Pipe:

Of all the “for Pipe” flavors I’ve tried so far, this one is most reminiscent of the analogue quality of rolling or pipe tobacco. True to the taste of a pipe tobacco. Slightly dry, but pleasantly sweet, with a ever, ever so slight citrus back note. It does have an analogue finish on the exhale; not unpleasant, rather reminiscent. This will make a nice addition to the tobacco chest of mixers. It begs for additions of some type; a standalone mix will probably get old quickly. Single flavor mix would be around 5% and mixed with other flavors at 2%.

3 Likes